PieAncientEuropeV-Hellenic

The greatest news is that it worked! I hope you have account on Tracker?

pie_at see, things do work for others!
Damn, then I really have a mess in the BTS main folder :wallbash:
Or even my maps (under construction) in the MyGames-PublicMaps folder? I don't know.

I am glad, the mod works in PB for you now! Really: I am very, very glad!
I am sorry I can't be with you ingame, but next big version, when I probably have a new notebook, I will install BTS again and then I hope, I will be invited again ;)

Maps should not matter, you did something smart with BTS main, I feel.

I feel too ;)
Oh, I overinstalled the Blue Marble Design for BTS.
Ah, no matter. I keep the PBEM save and try it when I reinstall BTS. ;)

Pie_At:

*My mods are in the
C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods

while my save games are in the
C:\Users\JP\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Saves\pbem

This is a issue more players with Civ4 Complete have.
So I have Civ4 installed twice.. not very logical, but I don't mind, as this works ;)

No worries, it's not installed twice.
The Program Files folder ist the main installation path.
The My Games folder is just for mods, maps, personal settings, saves, screenshots, logs... everything personal.

if you deinstall CIV, the MyGames folder keeps there, so your settings there will be left, when you reinstall the game.

Played and sent! I'm really looking forward to watching this game unravel. But one thing disturbs me... why is Arminius wearing sunglasses?!

:lol: I just noticed it! Probably methinkso photoshoped Charlemagne!

Academia it's been your turn for 28 hours now. To keep this game going at a viable pace we really have to play faster. I realize it won't always be possible to play your turn 1-2 hours after you received it, but if we have to wait over a day for some players, the game will become a drag.

With all due respect I would not even bother reminding players unless it's been over 48 hours. My 2 years experience here tells me it is the most reasonable and realistic compromise. I myself enrolled in 10+ games currently and go days without a single turn, which I usually play right away. But sometimes I have a hard day and all my turns come at the same time. Let's find a right balance!

Yeah, I don't want to sound too impatient. It would just be nice to get the first few turns going fast, so we all get accustomed to a swift pace of turns. If later at one point someone takes 2-3 days for a turn, then so be it. But it can't hurt to set a good standard early.

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ, Basileus, to his beloved son and Prince Antiochus -- may peace and victory be with you always! Peace after victory, of course!

I have learned this year that you became Veteran while defeating more Parthians in you campaign against them! This gave me great joy and I advanced on my Chariots against Mithridates of Pontus who have sent 4 detachment against our glorious provincial capital of Sardis. Needless to say that 3 out of 4 Pontian units are dead now! Mithridates himself was hiding in the nearby fort, so killing the forth detachment could be a premature step. Our Elephants are still trailing behind, being threatened in Cilicia by Barbarian Pleistarchus, brother of former king of Macedonia Cassander. I keep fingers crossed about their crossing Cilician mountains and joining us near Sardis.

Very oddly I was informed that two of our bitter enemies Lysimachus and Mithridates were killed this year, but I can see Mithridates perfectly healthy in his fort! WHat is going on? :dunno:

Cowardly Demetrius, the current Macedonian usurper, was nowhere to be seen this year. He is probably is hiding in Ephesus, after learning that his former vassal Pyrrhus changed sides and now fights alongside of newly discovered civilization, the Romans! I have only vague idea what kind of people they are, but hey -- the enemy of my enemy is my friend! I have dispatched a messenger trying to forge some mutually beneficial relations, I hope Roman Senate will approve (don't ask me what kind of institution is it, all I know they don't have kings like we do).

Finally I was told that Barbarian former Antigonid satrap Nicanorus sent some units to pillage our estates around Babylon and they were dealt with promptly! But Nicanorus himself with the main body of rebel troops is going to hide in Alexandria in Persian Gulf.
After you finish off Parthians please make sure that this traitor is captured and given improper burial!

Your Royal step-Mom is sending you her greetings and wishes to see you soon in person. Right after we finish this Anatolian campaign our ROyal family will reunite in our rapidly growing capital Selucia!

With my Royal benevolence,
Your loving father Seleucus!

Tigranes u n00b. 1v1 workers only I'LL RECK U KID

(Don't worry, this is how I engage in diplomacy)
Sangy, can you please rename your Hero unit to Demetrius? Antigonus was killed in the battle of Ipsus just before this scenario has started in RL

Perhaps Rome will give you a break? :mischief: That Pyrrhus changed sides way too easy (last guy who would ever become Rome's vassal). However his war against his former ally Macedonia is very historical:

Next, he went to war against his former ally and brother-in-law Demetrius and in 292 BC he invaded Thessaly while Demetrius was besieging Thebes but was repulsed. By 286 BC, Pyrrhus had taken control over the kingdom of Macedon, but was driven out of Macedon by Lysimachus in 284 BC.

Top Bottom