• No guns at all, nobody should have them

Votes: 38 35.8%
  • Some type of gun control should be enforced

Votes: 48 45.3%
  • Hey the Constitution says I can have a gun, so no gun control

Votes: 20 18.9%

• Total voters
Originally posted by sebanaj

We must forbid it completely, everyone who has a gun it's a criminal, stop the doubt.

I'm a criminal then :eek: Can we also state that EVERYONE who takes a drink of beer is an alcoholic? EVERY person who's dropped a nickel in a slot machine, or bought a "lotto" ticket is a gambling addict? EVERY person who has never attended church is an atheist? EVERY person that has attended church at all is a "religous nutcase"? I think we better be careful using the word EVERYONE! ;)

Originally posted by sebanaj
you may have it in the usa, but not here where 50% are uneducated uncultured lazy thieves and addicts.

I was "throwing" out US stats simply because the question seems to be geared more toward people in the US...considering the "Its in the constitution..." option in the poll.

BTW just so you all don't think I'm this HUGE pro-gun fanatic, I did put down that I would like some "gun control" By no means do I feel its right to let, for example, a convicted criminal or "nutcase" own firearms.

Originally posted by CIVPhilzilla
Just curious about people's views on gun control.

Gun control means using both hands in order to steady your aim.

ok, it may be right in your place, but here it's a different reality. When i overreacted (in the other post) i had Argentina in mind.
The forbiddance of weapons would lead to more control, police would be stopping everyone who's being suspected of having one. That would be good to discover criminals.
There were houses that illegally had arsenals, and no-one knows how they got there...
So, to solve it, cut it from the root, the hunters should feck off for a while until the situation is controlled.

Lyonesse, give me your weapon so i destroy it :D

LOL Not a chance! No one gets close to my .45 ;) not even the hubby. OMG I sound like Gollum .....my precious, our precious....geeze

no guns at all for the civilians!! Lets fight with a good sword!:ninja: like real men

Originally posted by thestonesfan
Self defense, plain and simple.
That's BULLSH*T Stonesfan. You don't even believe it yourself and if you do, than it's the result of an excessive paranoid society where you see the other as someone who can potentially kill you (just like that... no reason).

The whole story making of a society with guns something less dangerous than a society without guns is only based on the idea humans want to kill each other so there's less risk they will if there's a chance you'll kill them before. Do you see really the world working this way ? Seriously ?

I've voted for the second options. No guns at all is an utopy, however, guns should still be controlled since the less there are guns, the smaller will be the guns black market. That's as simple as it is. Europe is getting really violent recently... but people don't kill each other as much as in the US... mostly because guns black market are smaller there.

When a kid in a high school is getting mad in the US, he kills 70 people with automatic guns and hand grenade. When the same kid is getting mad in Europe, he'll cut the throat of his teacher with a knife. The violence is the same, simply there's only one dead in Europe and 70 in the US.

When a kid in a high school is getting mad in the US, he kills 70 people with automatic guns and hand grenade. When the same kid is getting mad in Europe, he'll cut the throat of his teacher with a knife. The violence is the same, simply there's only one dead in Europe and 70 in the US.

Aside from the fact that there have never been close to 70 people killed in a school shooting, the shooters have never had automatic weapons, and never hand grenades.... Feeling a bit dramatic? :rolleyes:

If they want to kill a lot of people, they'll do it. There was a kid arrested not far from here who made crude napalm and was planning to use it at his school. Guess what? Not a gun in his house.

Originally posted by Marla_Singer
That's BULLSH*T Stonesfan. You don't even believe it yourself and if you do, than it's the result of an excessive paranoid society where you see the other as someone who can potentially kill you (just like that... no reason).

I'm not paranoid. I don't think anyone is out to get me or that I'll ever get shot. But I don't think I'll ever get hit by a car, either, although it certainly could happen.

What about burgluries? Are you denying the fact that they occur? Do I not have the right to protect my property?

The whole story making of a society with guns something less dangerous than a society without guns is only based on the idea humans want to kill each other so there's less risk they will if there's a chance you'll kill them before. Do you see really the world working this way ? Seriously ?

Well, I do believe that if you kill someone before they can kill you, there is less of a chance of them killing you. Seriously.

I've voted for the second options. No guns at all is an utopy, however, guns should still be controlled since the less there are guns, the smaller will be the guns black market. That's as simple as it is. Europe is getting really violent recently... but people don't kill each other as much as in the US... mostly because guns black market are smaller there.

I could be mistaken, but didn't the world suck a lot more before guns were invented?

Nice. Examples really are more powerful when they are completely made up.

I'm not paranoid. I don't think anyone is out to get me or that I'll ever get shot. But I don't think I'll ever get hit by a car, either, although it certainly could happen. What about burgluries? Are you denying the fact that they occur? Do I not have the right to protect my property ?
Do you know many burglars coming in inhabitated houses ? Most burglars go in empty houses. This is a matter of probability. In the US, I'm sorry to say so but there's more people being killed in domestic accidents dealing with guns then burglars being killed by honnest hard-working americans defending their property.
Well, I do believe that if you kill someone before they can kill you, there is less of a chance of them killing you. Seriously.
And you truely believe there's a chance such a situation might occur in your life ? Is your country in civil war ?
Nice. Examples really are more powerful when they are completely made up.
Columbine High School, Littleton. Is this made up ? The only stories I've heard about school violence in my country (sorry if that one is France) were about knives. And the story of a kid cutting the throat of his math teacher in class is a story I did hear about. I'm sorry to not remember in which High School it happened.

Marla - Surely you concede that I have the right to defend myself from what I perceive as a threat. I'm not mentally ill. I'm not going to use my gun, or crossbow, or baseball bat against another person with no reason to do so. You would pass legislation limiting my rights on the basis of the possibility of an accident? I'm sorry, but in my mind, that is wrong.

Should it matter if you feel threatened by the same things that I do? I am not hurting you or my neighbor or anyone, so how have you any grounds to punish me?

And by the way, 70 people did not die in Columbine. If you choose to compare the tragedies by the quantity of people killed, you should get the numbers right.

Guns should be for cops and military only. In Denmark(my country) thats how the law is and we have so few gun murders every year that I can count them on one hand.

The problem in America is that so many people already have guns. If they could start all over then have a law similar to the one in Denmark it would have the same effect and less people got killed.

Columbine High School, Littleton. Is this made up ?

People killed: 12
Weapons used: Hi-Point 9mm Carbine Rifle (semi-automatic)
TEC-9 9mm pistol (semi-automatic)
Stevens 12 gauge double barrel shotgun; sawed off to 23 inches
Savage-Springfield 12-gauge pump shotgun; sawed off to 26 inches
Numerous knives
Numerous home-made bombs
---------------------------------------

Not quite the "70 killed with automatic weapons and hand grenades" you stated...

If you're banning things to prevent accidents, you might look long and hard at cars...

If they could start all over then a law similar to the one Denmark would have the same effect and less people got killed.

Maybe, but such a law wouldn't have been possible when the US started, as guns were quite literally essential to survival for many people.

Originally posted by Speedo
Not quite the "70 killed with automatic weapons and hand grenades" you stated...

If you're banning things to prevent accidents, you might look long and hard at cars...
Speedo. This is utterly crap ! 12 people is still more than 1 person ! You just pretend to not see the point when you got it in front of your nose !

And about cars, cars are designed to move people from one point to another. What guns are designed to do ?

Originally posted by Speedo
Maybe, but such a law wouldn't have been possible when the US started, as guns were quite literally essential to survival for many people.
Yes indeed, you just forgot one thing. America didn't "update" its gun laws, atleast to the point that was needed. You should have made it harder to get a gun. "To defend myself" shouldn't be enough. It should be "To defend myself from Indians" or in the case of the wild west "To defend myself from bandits and Indians." Hunting could be the last reason. People who lived in the cities really didn't have a reason to own guns.

Tell that to someone that was just robbed.
So you are really prepared to shoot at someone who is rubbing you?

Originally posted by Yoda Power
So you are really prepared to shoot at someone who is rubbing you?

If he doesn't drop my stuff and get out, what choice do I have?

While I have no pity for someone pathetic enough to engage in a robbery, I would give him a warning.

Speedo. This is utterly crap ! 12 people is still more than 1 person ! You just pretend to not see the point when you got it in front of your nose !

The point is that if someone wants to to kill people, they will find a way. Klebold and Harris wanted to kill a lot of people, and were prepared to do so without guns. They a total of 95 bombs of various types with them, all made by them, all simple enough that anyone could make them with common materials.

And about cars, cars are designed to move people from one point to another. What guns are designed to do ?

Kill. However, they are tools like everything else, and no better than the person using them. Just as a gun can be a life-saving tool in the right hands by providing protection or food, a car can be an excellent killing tool in the wrong hands.

If he doesn't drop my stuff and get out, what choice do I have?

While I have no pity for someone pathetic enough to engage in a robbery, I would give him a warning.
Even if he is a junkie is his life really not worth 500$ and some jewelry(only an example)?

Top Bottom