1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Post map requests here

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Pre-made Maps' started by strategyonly, Nov 7, 2006.

1. 33CI00FA

33CI00FA Chieftain

I use a map called Great Plains and Pangea. Are they WB saves or included maps?

2. God-Emperor

God-Emperor Deity

Any map that is different every time you play it is a map script. WB saves have the same terrain every time.

3. CityDontSleep

CityDontSleep Chieftain

Posted this under lone wolf's expanded europe Earth Map: But I have a fairly simple request. No tile changes or anything necessary, just want to replace some of the civs on their map. Ill copy my post from over there.

"Really like this map, have played through a multiple times and its one of the top ones out there! Thanks for the make.

I have a favor to ask of you or anyone willing to help. I am a civ vet (dating back to civ 2, although I had no idea what I was doing 98 percent of the time back then). Recently in the past year, I have gotten quite good and excel with Rome and a few others, although I'm pretty comfortable with a number of strategies with different civs (yay procrastination and google). But, I am also a huge fan of the Earth maps (not that I don't enjoy a traditional game - I just like the ability to re-write history on the Earth maps). Anyway could someone PLEASE make this map - no changes in any of the tiles or anything- but with the following civilizations in their historically accurate starting places?
    Lone Wolfs expanded Europe (credit Lone Wold and Rhye)
    CIV IV BTS
    Marathon Time Setting, Raging Barbarians, Aggressive AI, No Tech Brokering, Choose Religion
    Civs should look like:
    New World (4) [geographic area - civ]
    South America - Inca
    Central America - Maya, Aztec
    North America - Native America
    Old World (14) [geographic area - civ]
    Asia (4) - Khmer, China, Korea, India (Ghandi)
    Middle East (3) - Arabia, Ottoman (Mehmed), Persia (Cyrus)
    Africa (2) - Egypt (hatty), Zulu
    Europe (5) - Spain, France (louis), Vikings, Germany (bismark), Russia (catherine)

From original 18 civ earth map - that removes(7): USA, England, Rome, Greece, Mali, Mongol, Japan and adds (7):Native America, Maya, Viking, Ottoman, Zulu, Khmer, Korea.
    That gives 18 civs which is all I can run on my mac (*sigh of disappointment - would have liked 2-4 more old world slots for balancing reasons). I would make this myself but as far as the world builder, I'm useless. I don't even know if I can change maps with my mac and if you can get into the map script, I have no idea how to do that. So thank you all so, so much. I'm assuming it wouldn't take to much time and it would mean a lot to me to see a map like this.

And if youre curions, the reasons my civ choice are as follows in the spoiler. If you're not just stop reading now or skip ahead.
    Spoiler :

Americas: I really liked lone wolf's use of sitting bull to counter monty. While USA is much stronger, all 3 U.S. leaders lag in the early game without a human player, whereas the Aztecs excel, which leaves N. America well out of balance. Now N. America usally hasn't been completely overrun by the time of European contact. Also removing mountains on Isthmus of Panama (linking N and S America) allowed for more development in new world and was overall a great decision. But i think the introduction of Pacal/Maya would just add more interesting gameplay to that part of the world - which can tend to get extremely redundant.
    Asia - Again, adding Khmer was brilliant. China ALWAYS became a superpower in reg 18 earth and placing them in S.E. Asia revolutionized the game. I would change the mongol leader back to ghengis if he were to stay, but i think with the removal of japan(strong leader, but isolated on that island on earth map means they never really contend or do anything interesting in my games - and usually just stay pretty pissed at the human player. So its fairly worthless for the game dynamic haha), it would be best to place korea in their accurate starting place to counter chinese expansion to the South, as well as mediate the loss of Mongolia and Japan (excellent fat cross and good land to Chinese south, steppe west, and islands to east. Korea is protective and financial, and could settle a nice, techy empire in asia (Asian version of what European England is maybe). India is traditionally weak in my games next to Persia, but there still needs to be a civ there to mediate khmer and Persian expansion so I want to leave them. Ghandi is a better leader i think though. Chance for Asian religion with Khmer and India as well.
    Middle East - remains very similar. Cyrus is usually a super power. Arabia techs well and provides religion to that region usually. Introduction of Ottomans provides a very strong civ to hopefully protect the middle east from aggressive and usually religiously different Europe or from powerful Cyrus. Picked Mehmed because he is a better empire builder and warmonger.
    Europe - Always liked the dynamic of Europe. Fast teching/smaller civs with potential to become world powers with some warfare. Enlarged Europe has given more flexibility to combat and strategy which is sweet if you like playing as a European civ. Removal of Greece was a good call i think because they usually become someones vassal or just suck (AI doesnt REX well with Alexander in that spot) removal of Rome (despite them being my favorite civ) - makes game really interesting, militarily, for the rest of Europe - fighting for Italy - spain, france, germany, or ottomans - even took it as England once). As far as Russia goes, Stalin as a leader was ok in some games, but with AI hes not very good at expansion and gets absorbed by Germany more often than not (defeats the point of all this balancing im trying to do. Izzy usually gets a religion early and is quite the global instigator (gotta love it - esp when Arabia gets islam). Now this last part might get me hate mail or something, but I think england has to be removed for the Vikings. No doubt Eng is one of the strongest civs in the game, but starting a civ on an island really hinders their interaction with the rest of the civs on the world map. Like I saw persia sail ships up there once and nothing happened. They're just a little too passive for my taste. Therefore, I think the vikings will be better suited (Germany will have to work harder to dominate Europe without as much of Scandinavia, hopefully both civs force Russian expansion eastward, and i think the Vikings and French will do better at settling G.B. than England does at settling Scandinavia), giving the ability for lots of European powers at the same time.
    Africa - My ambitions in the Americas left me a little shorthanded in Africa, but I think Egypt as Hatty and the Zulu (arguably two of the stronger expansive civs in the game) can handle the burden. Flip of a coin Egypt is either conquered by Persia or barbs or whoever, or they expand and become a large, world power. Shaka's ub and expansive trait give him great synergy to create a nice, large, african empire. The two should balance each other nicely. Better balance than the Mali ever did, anyway.

So lots of civ changes, but only to make the game more balanced and interesting for anyone who is bored of the regular developments in the earth map. I will say Lone Wolf/Rhye's map did a great job of creating more interesting empire developments in Europe while hindering some of the traditional monsters that used to dominate 18 civ earth maps (china, persia, russia). My goal with the civ changes is to further balance this new map. Hope you enjoyed the thoughts and the read. Thanks again for the help. Also, if you have information for me on changing map scripts, let me know (but don't forget by no definition am I even close to tech savvy so be clear haha)."

4. CityDontSleep

CityDontSleep Chieftain

Ps just read no earth maps, but hopefully you dont mind cause its such a simple change (fingers crossed). thanks again.

5. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

If all you want to do is switch the civs, you should try yourself since its retty easy, on the scenario/map in the folder right click on it and open it with notepad or something of that sort, then replaces the civsyou want(for ex replace civilization_America with civilization_native_America) it's confusing at first but once you get the hang of it it's really easy, it's the simplest form of modding beside worldbuilder

6. HardRocker

HardRocker Student.

I've tried that before, and then the map/scenario doesn't load correctly.

Not sure how you would do that, though.

7. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

I would like to request an Eurasia map with 50 custom civs,that needs the 50-civ gamecore.

8. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

I can do that, i actually planned with m coming out with a mod that does that, which map do you want? theres a couple eurasia maps

9. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

I'm currently already doing one, see his thread in the main forum.

10. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

commented in it;)

11. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

I would like to request a map of China,Central Asia and other parts of countries around them.

Attached Files:

12. The_J

What about this map? Too small maybe?

13. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Yes,too small and the map doesn't need to cover any areas south of Hanoi.
    I would like to request a new map,I'm not very good at making maps myself.
    Probably a huge map,or even bigger,but not too big that it takes minutes to load turns.

14. The_J

What exactly is a must have there?
    I guess this map is then again too big, yes?
    I have another map here (no idea where I got it from, must be a mod), which has to the left as border India, also to the south (so it includes whole India).

You maybe also want to check the maps from the Warlords mods Ghengis Khan and Chinese Unification. I don't know what exactly is on that maps, but might be worth checking.

15. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

That map is off my map.
    I would like to request a new map.
    From the Caspian Sea to Japan and from Mongolia to Hanoi.
    Nothing else.

16. PlutonianEmpire

PlutonianEmpire Socially Awkward Goofball

Anyone willing to do fictional worlds? :)

Here's what I want for BtS 3.19:

I want a 128x64 map of the image in the attached .zip, maintaining the image's aspect ratio.

Here's where the strange parts come in:

All land should be jungle, with all the bases being the lushest grasses. No plains or deserts.

Place hills, jungle-covered of course, based on the shapes of the coastlines and lakes in a manner that reflects tectonic activity is just beginning. Everyone will probably have a different idea of what that looks like in their head. Use yours. :) No mountains whatsoever. Just hills.

Make it a resource-rich map, with a surplus of oil, uranium, and biological resources, and even amounts of all other resources. The oils should be evenly distributed, and the uraniums concetrated in the hills. Again, use your idea of where the rest of the resource types might be located. :)

Don't worry about making special resources or terrains. Just use BtS 3.19's defaults.

The rivers you see in the image I gave you? Include them. Use your best judgement as to which of the lakes are the rivers' sources. Add new rivers elsewhere on the map as needed. :)

No ice whatsoever. Not even ice caps. It's a nice and purely tropical world. :) If the game insists on ice caps, let it. :)

Don't give the map any civ start points. I want the start points to be random each new game. :)

Anyone up for it? :)

Attached Files:

17. PlutonianEmpire

PlutonianEmpire Socially Awkward Goofball

I modified my previous post, reducing the requested dimensions, and replaced the greyscale.

Anyone up for it? :)

18. The_Mess

The_Mess Chieftain

Hi, I can remember years back that there used to be a ridiculously huge earth map available for Either vanilla Civ IV or Warlords that made all the other large, huge or massive maps look tiny in comparison. Anyone know where it's gotten to? As I couldn't find it in the maps downloads...

Cheers

19. dacubz145

dacubz145 Deity

GEM is biggest ik of, any biggest would be stupid, expcially what your talking abot. Even fastest computer would not be able to run that once you get to modern times, it would take 20 minutes a turn

20. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I know which one your talking about, and that one is almost twice the size of GEM, and dacubz145 is correct, even a Super Computer has a hard time with the GEM maps out there. But if you still want it, its in this thread someplace i think, but the guy making it, i believe only got about half done, i dont know for sure:confused: