1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-ChaNES: Into the Void

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Chandrasekhar, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Dibs on the Gallente for European Ship Designs! :p

I think we agreed that the EU was Gallente, ASTRIS was Caldari, China was Amarr, and Bacchus were Minmatar, or something like that.

2. TerrisH

TerrisH Mischief?

that fits.. very very well actually. especially with what i am planing eventually.

3. Pinman

Pinman Demons & Brazil

I would like to assume the governorship of European Soyuz if I may. This looks like it could be rather interesting. :)

4. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

Indeed! :goodjob:
    I'm not really familiar with that game (?), and I'm more than a little busy at the moment, but if my players think it'd improve the update, I'll look into it.

5. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

Welcome, Pinman!

6. Frozen In Ice

Frozen In Ice Emperor

I think I'll sign up as a corporation, but I still need to finalize the details on it. Chand, is it ok if I send in orders tomorrow morning?

7. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

Here are some examples:

Spoiler :

And a complete ship index can be found here.

8. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

Of course - By my clock, it's still Thursday night.
    It does look pretty cool, but will probably also deviate from what each ship has in the stats. I probably won't assign each ship class to a graphic myself, but if a designer wants to do so, I can list it in the stats. As to using that sort of art in the update, I'll definitely consider it.

9. Ekolite

Ekolite Deity

To: Mother Europe, European colonies,

Tyrelia being a new colony, is in great need of machinary, metals, and experts such as engineers and biologists to study the alien life found here. While we can just about manage for now without any more help, your sending of these items would dramatically decrease the time it will take for Tyrelia to become profitable and for us to devellop im a way which does not damage nature of the planet 070-542B. We hope that Europe will do its upmost to its outlying colonies to devellop.

@Chand: Orders coming later today, Will include a name for 070-542B.

10. BananaLee

BananaLee Fruity Penguin

To Tyrelia,

You do realise Olympia can help you out too? ;)

11. Ekolite

Ekolite Deity

(corrected ;))

12. flyingchicken

flyingchicken Deity

Orders might come in tomorrow--if they don't, well, unlucky me and you. The rougher-hewn half of the Solar Federation needs to rest from hours of walking on a daily basis.

To Tyrelia (OOC): Contracts were signed and plans were made. Disrespecting timetables is a horrible, horrible thing. :mischief:

13. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

To: Pierre Wood, Governor of Tyrelia
    From: Anders Pedersen, President of the European Commission

Of course, funding shall continue to be sent.

14. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

Orders are due today - I've got a fair amount in my inbox, but I'll need some more to start writing the update.

15. Symphony D.

Symphony D. Deity

Retroactive deletion.

16. alex994

alex994 Hail Divine Emperor!

OOC: So all of Southern America along with Africa fulfill those Democratic/Social requirements? :confused:

17. Symphony D.

Symphony D. Deity

OOC: That or they will be modified to fit them. The Constitution is relatively limited in scope but what it does say overrides all State laws on the subject. Citizens' rights are part of that, and accordingly must be accommodated. What it doesn't cover is left to the States, provided it doesn't conflict. For example, assuming Japan still retains Article 9, it can keep that, since it isn't controlling military forces (other than its National Guard, which can't be used for offensive purposes anyway).

And yes, I do realize I am effectively asking for your (Niklas and Lord_Iggy) surrenders, as having more than a two-man team running a show isn't wise. In the case of Europe at least, from an IC perspective it doesn't make terribly much sense to refuse, since the laws, taxes, and overall outlook are virtually equivalent (the Constitution is borrowing a fair amount from the European Constitution, among others). From the Chinese perspective, it's more a matter of being totally surrounded and "If you can't beat'em..." pragmatism, given that even if the CPC surrendered effective control, after so long it would probably still have public loyalty and relatively little would change for the people at the top. From an OOC perspective, this is a space game, and Earth (and Sol) are more or less done, so it'd probably be more fun to mosey on to a planet than try and compete (on any real level) with a titanic super-entity. My opinions, of course. You're welcome to do whatever makes you happy, just thought I'd point this out.

18. alex994

alex994 Hail Divine Emperor!

OOC: Well, why didn't you drop this bombshell earlier? :confused:

19. Symphony D.

Symphony D. Deity

OOC: It seemed extremely obvious? You are aware of the definition of a federation, right? Chandra knew, and by extension so did the countries who signed up. The setup is no different than any of the 24 existent federations today, several of whom are members (including Russia, Brazil, India, and America), just on a larger scale. Technically any type of government can exist on the State level so long as it is responsible to and selected by the people, be it a Constitutional Monarchy or a Communism (with a fair capability for multiple parties or free political input, admittedly) or whatever. Most of the major ideological states (like North Korea, Cuba, Angola, Iran, etc.) have fallen or been democratized in the intervening period. I'm sort of failing to see the problem here.

If anything the sole major holdout is the PRC.

Also, qoou, I see you skulking around, and I have yet to see orders, mister. Since I'm not requiring them from anybody else who's falling under the aegis, I won't require them from you here forward, but I will remember this breach of protocol.

20. Niklas

Niklas Fully Functional GOTM Staff

Well, that certainly puts a damper on my enthusiasm for this game. I thought the point of this Pre-NES was to set up as interesting and diverse a situation as possible for the upcoming NES, not the most homogenous one-man show we could conceive.

If you want my surrender, go invade me.