Pre-thread: This world is yours 2: Solspace

10CP: Hex 0810-Corona nebula
9CP: bank

Hi all,
I may adjust a price here -

Initially I intended that 10 CP would purchase 1 hex - EG 0810e for example.

Is this a bit steep? Maybe it could infill 3 hexes (0810f,0810e,0810d) for 10 CP, for example.

What does everyone think?

(small young nebula with a neutron star lighting it up from within, making it a highly visible object in the night sky for many worlds)

Maybe space-farers know Iris as the Guide-star - find it from anywhere in the sector and follow it until you find Sol.

Hi all,
I may adjust a price here -

Initially I intended that 10 CP would purchase 1 hex - EG 0810e for example.

Is this a bit steep? Maybe it could infill 3 hexes (0810f,0810e,0810d) for 10 CP, for example.

What does everyone think?
Not really all that important, and even a single hex(the same one as the star) would work for the nebula. Was mostly trying to get away with it without you noticing.

I will post the map and new points today after ~8pm EST.

@NinjaCow64, I think you are the only one who has not yet posted. Just banking avoids earning pogs.

Last edited:
PHASE 1 TURN 1

Spoiler STARMAP :

0809e - Corona Nebula

The Corona Nebula can be found in the night sky of Earth's northern hemisphere in the winter*. It is famous for capturing and reflecting light from Iris, the guidestar, a sight that is well-renown across the entire globe.
A nebula is a distinct luminescent part of interstellar medium, which can consist of ionized, neutral or molecular hydrogen and also cosmic dust.

0809f - Iris
Iris, the guidestar, appeared in the night sky near the dawn of civilization. Many early earth cultures use it to guide ships home in the dark of night, a blinking lantern in the dawn of celestial navigation.
This is a star that lived, died in nova, and now lives again as an extraordinarily small, hot, dense mass whose volume is maintained by the strong nuclear force rather than rote electromagnetism. Although massing up to three Solar masses, the neutron star's radius is equivalent to barely that of Old Earth. Rapidly spinning neutron stars may emit intense beams of electromagnetic radiation; these are known as pulsars.

0909a - Enoch Secondus
Enoch Secondus is one of God's failed experiments, a dwindling star left to die a cold death in the deep vacuum.
Unlike stars, older brown dwarfs are sometimes cool enough that, over very long periods of time, their atmospheres can gather observable quantities of methane which cannot form in hotter objects.

1011a - Olympus
The Olympus system is the closest star to Sol and a likely early candidate for resource extraction.
A class M main sequence star, small and exceedingly common. These relatively cool stars often mass is only a fraction of Old Earth's sun.

1111c - Sol
The Sol system is the birthplace of civilization. It marks the center of Solspace.
A G2 type primary sequence star, estimated age is five billion years. Surface temperature is only about six thousand degrees, while core temperature could well exceed fifteen million degrees.

1412a - Aditi
The Aditi system is so far Sol's nearest yellow cousin. Any planets in the goldilocks zone are likely to be good terraforming candidates.
A G2 type primary sequence star, estimated age is five billion years. Surface temperature is only about six thousand degrees, while core temperature could well exceed fifteen million degrees.

PLAYERBASE2d6BANKED CPTOTALPOGS
TerrisH207936
Erez87209534
Eltain205328
Traveller762051742
NinjaCow6420328511

As you can probably see, this is a pretty chill low-maintenance game. I hope to continue this into phase IV.

Erez87, I'm sorry RNG did not favor an orange star. Better luck next time.

Let me know if anyone has a suggestion on anything. I am unsure if I like the neutron star image, for example.

I will update the map again on Friday 4/21/23 after 8pm EST.

20CP: Ertin-209(0709c), while once visible in the night sky from sol, its light has been mostly concealed by the Corona nebula and was only rediscovered with the development of space born telescopes. (type to be generated)
19CP: bank

Sorry I didn’t get orders in, I had a bad brain day 😅.

I’ll do orders tonight

Can we put more stars in the same system, for a binary (or more) system?
Yeah, absolutely. I wonder how many star sprites can squeeze into one tile...

Sorry I didn’t get orders in, I had a bad brain day 😅.

I’ll do orders tonight
I look forward to it! :)

Orders: erez
34 CP, 1SP Total
20 CP - 1011a , red star- Pelion
10 CP - 1115c, nebula - Lion’s tail nebula (yellowish in color)
4 CP, 1SP - Bank

Last edited:
Orders:
28 CP, 1 SP
20 CP - 1115d, star - Nemea, prefer blue giant
8 CP - bank

Nemea, so named for its proximity to the Lion's Tail, played an important role in early mythology for the Greeks of Old Earth.

Any news on an update?

Hi Traveller,
4/5 orders in, waiting on the last.

If all orders are received ahead of schedule, and also I have a few free minutes, I will update ahead of schedule.

Otherwise, I'll post the update in the usual timeframe with or without all orders.

PHASE 1 TURN 2

Spoiler STARMAP :

0709c - Ertin-209
Ertin-209 is dimly visible in the Corona constellation.
Slightly cooler and smaller than Old Earth's sun, this class K star most resembles Alpha Centauri B. It is particularly stable, burning on the lower end of the main sequence for tens of billions of years and thus considered a likely host to life-bearing and terraform-able planets.

1011a - Pelion
Olympus is the first binary star system observed by Mankind. According to Greek Mythology, Olympus is the home of the gods, while its sister, Pelion, another red dwarf, is home to the centaurs.
A class M main sequence star, small and exceedingly common. These relatively cool stars often mass only a fraction of Old Earth's sun.

1115c - Lion's tail Nebula
The Lion's tail Nebula is visible from the equator on Old Earth during the southern winters.
A nebula is a distinct luminescent part of interstellar medium, which can consist of ionized, neutral or molecular hydrogen and also cosmic dust.

1115d - Nemea
Nemea, named as one of the Eyes of the Lion's Tail constellation, can be found in the early Greek mythological record.
A K-2 III class star, roughly 15 times the size of Sol and 4 times the mass. This spectral class is one of the brightest in the sector.

1212a - Poyan
Poyan is a red giant, pulsating vividly in the nightsky from Earth. It is allegedly the first star to have a telescope pointed at it by early astronomers.
A low-to-medium mass star in a late phase of stellar evolution, a red giant has exhausted the supply of hydrogen in its core and switched to hydrogen fusion in a shell around the now helium core instead. While the star itself is huge, the outer envelope has a lower temperature, giving the star its characteristic hue.

1310b - Kadeh
Kadeh is your typical red dwarf star. Like all red dwarfs, it is invisible to the unaided human eye and only became observable with the invention of the telescopic lens.
A class M main sequence star, small and exceedingly common. These relatively cool stars often mass only a fraction of Old Earth's sun.

PLAYERBASE CP2d6 CPBANKED CPTOTAL CPPOGSSP
TerrisH201216480
Erez8720114351
Eltain2088361
Traveller7620102320
NinjaCow64202517321

OOC

@Traveller76 No need to apologize, my friend.

I will update again on Friday 4/28/23 after 8pm EST.

If all orders are in before then, and also I have a few free minutes, I will update ahead of schedule.

Otherwise, I will update on schedule with or without all participants.

40CP: Star-(0314b), Star-(0314b). Romus and Remus. A distant binary pair of stars, with Romus being the brighter member of the pair, and Remus the dimmer. While far enough apart to appear as two separate stars from earth, the two are indeed orbiting each other, though it takes thousands of years to complete a single trip around their orbit's center point.
Bank-8CP

Really distant binary pair, just barely orbiting each other.

I have to ask for CP to be assigned?

1682212754362.png

Lord of Elves -

63 CP, 1 SP

Top Bottom