Private forums already?

Create the private forums already?

• Yes

Votes: 32 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
I keep checking back myself, and wondering what the hold-up is.

I too am wandering what that hold up is.

Indeed. It only takes a minute or two to set up a forum, if that... I don't understand the delay. It's been over 84 hours (3.5 days, half a week) since the original request now.

Team forum request submitted.

To be fair, it's more than just making 6 forums. They also have to make user groups, make the forums invisible to people outside the user groups, and assign the game admins as user group managers. And they're all unusually busy at work recently. I did send a reminder PM.

Perhaps they are testing our resolve to play this game. ;) Hopefully they'll have them up soon.

Or... they could have all been abducted by aliens! :lol:

To be fair, it's more than just making 6 forums. They also have to make user groups, make the forums invisible to people outside the user groups, and assign the game admins as user group managers.

Well, I guess civfanatics got stuck with a bad forum interface. This used to take seconds in PhPBB.

One more day goes by, no news.... C'mon guys there is 100+ guys here waiting for those forums, please? With cherry on top?

I told you... Aliens

Well, you forgot to factor in that they may be aliens who have taken over the admins. It is all an experiment to test the half-life of these teams. How long before half the team quits while waiting to even be able to discuss what leaders to pick...

The aliens gave me control of their brains, but out of the 2,000,000,000+ commands, there's not one for creating private forums for the new BTS Demogame. :mad: (That is not a mad at the admins, but at the aliens. Uh-oh I shouldn't have said that, NOOOOOOOO!)

:assimilate:

:borg: Which one of you would like control of remake's brain? :borg:

Just wandering, who voted "No?"

Well, I guess civfanatics got stuck with a bad forum interface. This used to take seconds in PhPBB.

Since I was bored, I signed up for a vbulletin admin demo and tried it. Total time was 20 minutes, three-fourths of that trying to find where they hid the features I needed.

Here's the cheat sheet:

Code:
Usergroups -> Add new usergroup
Usegroup based off: Registered Users
Permissions based off: Registered Users
Title: TEAM_NAME Members
Public (Joinable) Custom Usergroups: Yes
[Save]
Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager
TEAM_NAME Members -> (drop-down) Add New Usergroup Leader
User Name: classical_hero
[Add]
TEAM_NAME Members -> (drop-down) Add New Usergroup Leader
User Name: DaveMcW
[Add]

Repeat 5x...

Forums & Moderators -> Add new forum
Based off forum: BTS Multi-Team Demogame II 
Title: TEAM_NAME
Parent Forum: BTS Multi-Team Demogame II 
Show Private Forum: No
[Save]

Repeat 5x...

Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions -> TEAM_NAME
Deny All
Edit: TEAM_NAME Members
Use Usergroup Default Permissions
[Save]

Repeat 5x...

So? What's the hold up? Maybe we should make alien team so they don't feel alien?

Top Bottom