Private forums already?

Create the private forums already?

• Yes

Votes: 32 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
Well I COULD make us a new forum for the game.

Well see once you do that Murphy's Law states that the private forums will be created right about the same time...

..Actually, based on that, you SHOULD go start making us a new forum just to invoke Murphy's Law. :p

Well see once you do that Murphy's Law states that the private forums will be created right about the same time...

..Actually, based on that, you SHOULD go start making us a new forum just to invoke Murphy's Law. :p

No there's no tricking Murphy, tried it, doesn't work :)

Like i noticed everytime i was waiting for the train, when i lit a cigarette because it wasn't coming, it would come immediately after i lit it, forcing me to throw away a whole cigarette. Then i figured i could cheat and just light a cigarette to make it arrive immediately when i got there. Result: train cancelled. There's just no way out of Murphy's law :)

No there's no tricking Murphy, tried it, doesn't work :)

Like i noticed everytime i was waiting for the train, when i lit a cigarette because it wasn't coming, it would come immediately after i lit it, forcing me to throw away a whole cigarette. Then i figured i could cheat and just light a cigarette to make it arrive immediately when i got there. Result: train cancelled. There's just no way out of Murphy's law :)

Well now we have obs trying to trick Murphy...let's see how he does ;)

Heh, I could tell that was going to happen. :p

Chieftess: I believe we PM'd him (and the two other admins) almost a week ago, and then again a few days ago. No response as yet. That's been the problem. ;)

Well this just gets better and better doesn't it.....

I've sent off a gentle reminder PM to Thunderfall, ainwood and Padma. Hopefully we should see some action soon. :)

Hi Thunderfall (cc other admins),

I believe DaveShack put through a request for private forums to be set up for the new MTDG almost a week ago, and again a few days ago, and we haven't heard anything back yet. It'd be great if these could be set up ASAP, as people seem to be getting a bit impatient at the moment. The announcement of a new MTDG was made on the front page of CFC a week ago, but discussions have stagnated over the past week because there are no private forums and so things can't progress. ;)

In case it's useful, here's a compilation of the info in one place:

Link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=374

[snip]

Game Admins:

DaveMcW
classical_hero

Hope to see things get moving soon. :)

Cheers,
LP

But don't you remember, aliens.

It, says that that's his only post here?

That's quite a different approach then the other .

Posting links to places that involve swearing/quoting a post is as bad as doing it yourself as Eran has informed me via the delights of PM recently as a result of OT. I would edit this post. Otherwise people need to just calm down, if you really want to get team discussion started go and start a quick free invision forum and wait.

I just realized something. We have been going about this all wrong. Any time I have ever said anything that remotely comes across as a swear word, immediately gets the admins jumping on me giving me infarctions (or whatever it's called), even when I didn't quite make any.

So.... for the sake of saving this pitboss farce and getting an admin to show up in here.... I will take the brunt of it for everyone else. Here goes all, wish me luck:

JESUS CHRIST, WTF IS WITH THE <removed> ADMINS ON THIS <removed> FORUM!??

HOW <removed> LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET JUST ONE <removed> ADMIN TO SET UP A <removed> PRIVATE FORUM?

JESUS H. CHRIST. YOU ADVERTISE ALL OVER FOR A <removed> PIT-POSS AND THEN MAKE EVERYONE WAVE AND DROP OUT BECAUSE YOU CAN'T <removed> SPEND A FEW SECONDS TO GIVE THEM THEIR FORUMS.

ABSOLUTELY <removed> GENIUS.

Ok, that should get their attention. I think?

The "few seconds" you so eloquently mentioned is actually much longer than you realize. It takes about a few hours to set them all up privately, including setting-up the usergroups, usergroups leaders, set the viewing permissions, test them all to make sure they are correct etc etc.

They are now set-up.

People will have to go to the Group Memberships manager in their "My Account" page, and select the group they want to join. classical_hero and DaveMcW have been set-up as group leaders for ALL groups, and will have to activate / approve each person joining manually.

Once you are a member of the particular group, the private forum will be visible at the top of this forum.

Top Bottom