Project SYNTHESIS

Persia brushup (Unique units and such)+ Islam split. Or at least, that's the plan.

I'm looking for playtesters who are willing to take on the job of playtesting these civ groups:

Playtester for W. Europe- linkman226- (America, Portugal, Spain, France, England, Netherlands, Rome, Italy)
E. Europe-____________- (Germany, Vikings, Greece, Russia, Byzantines)
M. East-___________- (Phoenicia, Babylon, Persia (old and new), Arabia, Turkey, Egypt)
SubSahar. Africa- ___________-(Mali, Ethiopia)
E. Asia-______________-(India, Mongolia, China, Khmer, Japan)
New World-______________-(Inca, Aztec)

Claim whichever slot you'd like, except for W. Europe, which I will do. It'd be nice if we could fill out those slots up there. Oh, and I'll put these positions into the OP.

Leaving for college in a few weeks, but I'll try to do China at least. Maybe Japan also if I have time. Also whenever I launch version .25, it crashes immediately without even going to the loading screen :C

Really? I experience no such issue. Just double click the shortcut.

Just kidding, it worked, turns out I ballsed up during the download. Anyway, I'll start testing China as soon as possible!

I shall do the new worlders.

I'm trying to update this mod via SVN, but everytime I try and update it, this error message pops up...

Spoiler :
Can't open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFC Synthesis\.svn\lock': Access is denied

I updated using the SVN fine.

On that note, it would be nice if someone here who was good at that stuff could design something for us.

Rather than designing the whole logo, I'll suggest fixing that one..
Personally, I'll recommend you out of the over-hue.. since blue crown is really strange, IMO :)
And rather than using text to write SYNTHESIS, I'd suggest you use some alphabet image that available everywhere in Google :)

Persia brushup (Unique units and such)+ Islam split. Or at least, that's the plan.

I'm looking for playtesters who are willing to take on the job of playtesting these civ groups:

Playtester for W. Europe- linkman226- (America, Portugal, Spain, France, England, Netherlands, Rome, Italy)
E. Europe-____________- (Germany, Vikings, Greece, Russia, Byzantines)
M. East-___________- (Phoenicia, Babylon, Persia (old and new), Arabia, Turkey, Egypt)
SubSahar. Africa- ___________-(Mali, Ethiopia)
E. Asia-______________-(India, Mongolia, China, Khmer, Japan)
New World-______________-(Inca, Aztec)

Claim whichever slot you'd like, except for W. Europe, which I will do. It'd be nice if we could fill out those slots up there. Oh, and I'll put these positions into the OP.

I think I'll be taking E.Asia, or Sub Sahara :)
I'll confirm to this soon..

I'm trying to update this mod via SVN, but everytime I try and update it, this error message pops up...

Spoiler :
Can't open file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFC Synthesis\.svn\lock': Access is denied

Some googling reveals this is because of file privileges. Are you the computer's admin? Do you have a vista?

Maya missing from the new worlders?

Will fix this. Sorry I didn't respond earlier- I was away and typing stuff on my phone is a .

Yes I am an admin, though there is one more admin on the computer besides me. No, I do not have a vista, I got Windows 7, I believe.

Ok do this:

1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
  2. Go to your control panel.
  3. When the control panel opens you change it so you are using Category view (if it's not like that already, which it should be on Windows 7 unless you changed it).
  4. Click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
  5. Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
  6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
  7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types.
  8. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
  9. Press the Apply button and then the OK button..
  10. Now Windows 7 is configured to show all hidden files.

Now that that's done, go to your Synthesis folder. Find the folder called '.svn'. Go to the security tab and make sure that your account has full permissions on this file.

Also, here are the new playtester categories:

Playtester for W. Europe- linkman226- (America, Portugal, Spain, France, England, Netherlands, Italy)
E. Europe-NEEDED- (Germany, Vikings, Russia)
Classical Old World- NEEDED- (Phoenicia, Babylon, Achaemenid ("old") Persia, Egypt, Rome, Greece)
M. East-J. Pride- (Safavid ("new") Persia, Arabia, Turkey, Byzantines)
SubSahar. Africa-NEEDED-(Mali, Ethiopia)
E. Asia-NEEDED-(India, Mongolia, China, Khmer, Japan)
New World-hoplitejoe-(Inca, Aztec, Maya)

You want us to play till victory or further?

Till victory. Although if you could mix and match victory types, that'd be nice (since most UHV's end (relatively) early.

Also in the next version: the latest version of DoC, since Leoreth's back.

Top Bottom