1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Project SYNTHESIS

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Linkman226, Mar 4, 2011.

1. J. pride

J. pride King

I checked the Persian settler map and it turns out that it is almost perfect. I suspect that Leoreth pasted the Arabian city map and since most city names are the same for the Persians and the Arabs only minor changes are needed. These are the corrections i made:

Baku was not included in the Caucuses ( i advise u remove Rasht for Tabriz although i havnt done it):

Civ4ScreenShot0042.JPG

The map around Afghanistan was really messed up; Heres a re revised version:

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

(The names arent exactly correct; i didnt put in the commas on top for some cities)

2. azander12

azander12 Chieftain

I noticed there isn't a Mazar-a-Sharif...

3. J. pride

J. pride King

Mazare-sharif is supposed to be on top of the mountain (above Kabul and Bamiyan); currently Mazare-Sharif is not on the map due to its proximity to Balkh (20 Km). If u guys want i can changes Balkh to Mazare-Sharif (or have them both side by side)

PM me and ill see what i can do

4. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Thanks for the maps. What do you guys think of making the Qizilbash require Shi'a islam to build?

5. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Also I'm modifying the Qizilbash a bit:

UU = Qizilbash (Maceman) – 60 hammers (10 less than for a musketman)
    Starts with City Raider I
    Ignores terrain cost
    9 attack (1 more than for a maceman)

6. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

That looks a little over powered to me. A lower price, upgrade, ignoring movement costs AND extra strength seems way to much.

7. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Oh I forgot to mention, the standard bonus against melee that macemen have.

The thing is that this is the age of gunpowder. Macemen are facing extinction. That's the reason I'm giving them these boosts. How else are they to stave off the Janissary hordes to the west?

If it becomes TOO overpowered, I'll drop the no terrain cost bonus I guess. I'd have to play it out.

8. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Also, does anyone wanna do those Great People lists?

9. J. pride

J. pride King

Ill try to do part of the great people's list

BTW: will u be updating the Civs in Abundance files.

10. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Yes, soon.

11. Mowque

Mowque Hypermodernist

Which civs do you want done?

12. Linkman226

Linkman226 #anarchy

Iran, of course. I got some already, but whatever you can provide would help

13. hoplitejoe

If you do stick Abundance civs in I would not bother with the Sumer Civ and keep Babylon how it is. the way Jakov had it never really worked.

14. Bocator

Bocator Chieftain

1180 AD and no christianity. :confused:

I don't know if it's me but when I play England/Russia/Spain/Portugal I've always problem with religion spread ! :(

Maybe I should add missionaries in this RFC too.

15. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

About Abundance (I know we are getting a bit ahead here) but I would recommend this:

1. Add Holy Rome and move the German spawn to early 1700s. Holy Rome could turn into Habsburg Austria in the late-game.

2. Add Native America as a civ (they could respawn as Canada if they collapse/ get conquered)

3. Add Korea, they deserve more

4. The rest is up to you, I would not recommend adding the Zulus or Sumerian though (although, we could have the Sumerians be Assyria or Hatti, but I really dont see how that would work)

16. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

Spain should start with Catholicism, the Archdiocese of Santiago for example was refounded in 739

17. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

Spain seems to lack a preplaced city with Christianity. Santiago would almost offer itself since the AI likes the spot and it's historical.

18. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

Santiago is also a decent city spot

19. hoplitejoe

Play testing feed back. Played The inca from 3000BC, normal speed and the maya epic speed both to a historic victory.
    Spoiler :

Some odd stuff.
    Spoiler :
    When turkey spawned in my maya game the troops just sat there for about 100 years

They eventually settled but ages after their spawn

Spoiler :
    I never researched BW, i was just choosing a tech, moved my mouse over it and it was already basically done.

You can really wonder spam as the new worlders cos there are always loads of wonders left from the European civs not staying on Parthenon long enough.

20. ozqar

ozqar King

About Civs in Abundance, I totally agree that the sumerians shouldn't be there, they're not fun to play. I had once suggested using them as an Israelite civ (perhaps with a one city challenge game?), and I still think that would be a very interesting game.
    But please do add the Native Americans, the HRE (turning into Austria), the Koreans, the Zulu and the Celts. They add a lot of content to the game.
    Congratulations on the great work so far ;).