Project SYNTHESIS

I checked the Persian settler map and it turns out that it is almost perfect. I suspect that Leoreth pasted the Arabian city map and since most city names are the same for the Persians and the Arabs only minor changes are needed. These are the corrections i made:

Baku was not included in the Caucuses ( i advise u remove Rasht for Tabriz although i havnt done it):

Civ4ScreenShot0042.JPG

The map around Afghanistan was really messed up; Heres a re revised version:

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

(The names arent exactly correct; i didnt put in the commas on top for some cities)

I checked the Persian settler map and it turns out that it is almost perfect. I suspect that Leoreth pasted the Arabian city map and since most city names are the same for the Persians and the Arabs only minor changes are needed. These are the corrections i made:

Baku was not included in the Caucuses ( i abvise u remove Rasht for Tabriz although i havnt done it):

View attachment 297299

The map around Afghanistan was really messed up; Heres a re revised version:

View attachment 297300

(The names arent exactly correct; i didnt put in the commas on top for some cities)

I noticed there isn't a Mazar-a-Sharif...

Mazare-sharif is supposed to be on top of the mountain (above Kabul and Bamiyan); currently Mazare-Sharif is not on the map due to its proximity to Balkh (20 Km). If u guys want i can changes Balkh to Mazare-Sharif (or have them both side by side)

Do you speak/read Farsi? I'm wondering if you could transliterate Farsi if I gave you text in that language.

PM me and ill see what i can do

Thanks for the maps. What do you guys think of making the Qizilbash require Shi'a islam to build?

Also I'm modifying the Qizilbash a bit:

UU = Qizilbash (Maceman) – 60 hammers (10 less than for a musketman)
Starts with City Raider I
Ignores terrain cost
9 attack (1 more than for a maceman)

That looks a little over powered to me. A lower price, upgrade, ignoring movement costs AND extra strength seems way to much.

Oh I forgot to mention, the standard bonus against melee that macemen have.

The thing is that this is the age of gunpowder. Macemen are facing extinction. That's the reason I'm giving them these boosts. How else are they to stave off the Janissary hordes to the west?

If it becomes TOO overpowered, I'll drop the no terrain cost bonus I guess. I'd have to play it out.

Ill try to do part of the great people's list

BTW: will u be updating the Civs in Abundance files.

If you do stick Abundance civs in I would not bother with the Sumer Civ and keep Babylon how it is. the way Jakov had it never really worked.

1180 AD and no christianity. :confused:

I don't know if it's me but when I play England/Russia/Spain/Portugal I've always problem with religion spread ! :(

Maybe I should add missionaries in this RFC too.

If you do stick Abundance civs in I would not bother with the Sumer Civ and keep Babylon how it is. the way Jakov had it never really worked.

About Abundance (I know we are getting a bit ahead here) but I would recommend this:

1. Add Holy Rome and move the German spawn to early 1700s. Holy Rome could turn into Habsburg Austria in the late-game.

2. Add Native America as a civ (they could respawn as Canada if they collapse/ get conquered)

3. Add Korea, they deserve more

4. The rest is up to you, I would not recommend adding the Zulus or Sumerian though (although, we could have the Sumerians be Assyria or Hatti, but I really dont see how that would work)

Spain should start with Catholicism, the Archdiocese of Santiago for example was refounded in 739

Spain seems to lack a preplaced city with Christianity. Santiago would almost offer itself since the AI likes the spot and it's historical.

Santiago is also a decent city spot

Play testing feed back. Played The inca from 3000BC, normal speed and the maya epic speed both to a historic victory.
Spoiler :

Some odd stuff.
Spoiler :
When turkey spawned in my maya game the troops just sat there for about 100 years

They eventually settled but ages after their spawn

Spoiler :
I never researched BW, i was just choosing a tech, moved my mouse over it and it was already basically done.

You can really wonder spam as the new worlders cos there are always loads of wonders left from the European civs not staying on Parthenon long enough.

About Civs in Abundance, I totally agree that the sumerians shouldn't be there, they're not fun to play. I had once suggested using them as an Israelite civ (perhaps with a one city challenge game?), and I still think that would be a very interesting game.
But please do add the Native Americans, the HRE (turning into Austria), the Koreans, the Zulu and the Celts. They add a lot of content to the game.
Congratulations on the great work so far ;).

Top Bottom