Queen Elizabeth II's health

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what ?

There is always going to be something that one has not explicitly acknowleged.

For instance: I dare say that he has not explicitly acknowledged that 57 + 312 = 369
:rolleyes:

That isn't remotely the same thing.

Moderator Action: The threads are mixing....The Queen is now dead and buried, perhaps it is time to close this one and let the conversation continue in the other.

Queen’s Funeral Draws Over 10 Million U.S. Viewers
BY JOE FLINT AND SARAH KROUSE
More than ten million U.S. viewers watched the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II on the nation’s major broadcast and cable outlets Monday, according to preliminary data from Nielsen.

Among broadcast networks, Walt Disney Co.’s ABC News had the biggest audience, averaging more than three million viewers during much of its coverage of the service, according to the preliminary data. Comcast Corp.’s NBC also averaged around three million viewers for the bulk of its coverage. Paramount Global’s CBS had close to two million viewers for its coverage. Fox Corp.’s Fox News was first among cable news outlets, with over 1.7 million viewers during its six hours of morning to midday coverage. Warner Bros. Discovery Inc.’s CNN averaged about 1.3 million viewers, while Comcast’s MSNBC had an audience of 929,000 during that time.

Fox Corp. and Wall Street Journal parent News Corp share common ownership. The number of viewers will likely grow as more data emerge and other networks such as BBC America, PBS and C-Span are factored in. A Nielsen spokeswoman said the ratings firm would release its analysis of viewership for the Queen’s funeral on Wednesday.

Queen Elizabeth II, the country’s longest-serving monarch, was laid to rest on Monday in the first British state funeral since Winston Churchill’s in 1965. During six hours of tightly choreographed pageantry, her coffin was taken in a procession, on foot and by hearse, from a state funeral in Westminster Abbey in central London to its final resting place in Windsor Castle. The Sept. 8 death of Queen Elizabeth II has driven renewed interest in content about the British royal family.

Guests watched the queen’s funeral procession at a bar in Washington. MIKE PESOLI/ ASSOCIATED PRESS

Seasons one and two of Netflix Inc.’s “The Crown”, a dramatization of Queen Elizabeth II’s reign, attracted a combined 57.5 million hours of viewing globally, in the week ending Sept. 18, according to data published by the streaming service. The first season of “The Crown” broke into the streaming service’s list of the top 10 English-language TV shows by hours viewed for the week ended Sept. 11. It was the first time since at least June 2021, when the streaming service began publishing the list, that a season of the show ranked among the most watched English- language shows. The first and second seasons of the show made that list during the week ending Sept. 18. The first season of “The Crown” was the No. 1 English-language TV show in Ukraine and Iceland during the week ending Sept. 18, and among the top 10 such shows in 87 countries from the U.S. to the U.K., Argentina, Mexico, Germany, Egypt, Hong Kong, Australia and Israel.

I haven't seen worldwide viewership numbers yet.

Sorry, now unlocked.

Society shouldn't bend over backwards to accommodate minorities, religious or otherwise.
So anyone who is part of a minority population should not be treated equally with the rest of society? Wow. How enlightened of you. Not.

Then what is your complaint about King Charles III ?
Oh, please. :huh: I already explained that, so being willfully obtuse isn't going to lead anywhere positive.

Oh, please. :huh: I already explained that, so being willfully obtuse isn't going to lead anywhere positive.

King Charles III as nominal head of the church of England has certain responsibilities.
It is correct for him to acknowledge that, and to sign off on the appointment of its bishops.

But he has no such role regarding Catholics, dissenting Protestants, Hindus, Muslims,
Sikks, Jedi Knights, believers in the Spaghetti Monster, agnostics, atheists etc. etc.
so any such acknowledgement in the context above would be quite pretentious.

I am sure that if there is another world war, if Charles III survives and members of the latter
groups die fighting for civilisation, he will thank them at the WW3 remembrance ceremony.

We can also wait to see what he says at his formal coronation and next remembrance Sunday.

Last edited:
So anyone who is part of a minority population should not be treated equally with the rest of society? Wow. How enlightened of you. Not.
Should society bend over backwards to help them and accommodate their customs? No.
Should they be driven out of the country by an angry, violent mob? Also, no.
Everyone has religious beliefs, even if those beliefs are "there is no god", that is still a religious belief, just like everyone has a marital status, even children and other people who are unmarried and never were. Atheism is to a religious belief as single is to a marital status.

Should society bend over backwards to help them and accommodate their customs? No.
Should they be driven out of the country by an angry, violent mob? Also, no.

Everyone has religious beliefs, even if those beliefs are "there is no god", that is still a religious belief, just like everyone has a marital status, even children and other people who are unmarried and never were. Atheism is to a religious belief as single is to a marital status.
You realize that ethnic and faith minorities aren't the only minorities, right? Disabled people are a minority, and I happen to be one of them. You'd better believe I insist on equal treatment and accommodation. My body might not work right, but I am no less a citizen because of that.

Don't even go to the notion that atheism is a religious belief. It isn't. Period, end of story, that way to purchase the t-shirts. You do not get to 'splain what I believe to me.

You realize that ethnic and faith minorities aren't the only minorities, right? Disabled people are a minority, and I happen to be one of them. You'd better believe I insist on equal treatment and accommodation. My body might not work right, but I am no less a citizen because of that.
It's pretty clear from both the context and my previously expressed viewpoints that I'm talking about people from foreign cultural and religious groups, not people in wheelchairs.
Don't even go to the notion that atheism is a religious belief. It isn't. Period, end of story, that way to purchase the t-shirts. You do not get to 'splain what I believe to me.
If atheism isn't a religious belief, than single isn't a marital status. Either you believe that God exists, that multiple gods exist, or that there is no God. All of those are beliefs.

Moderator Action: This is not an atheism thread, thank you.

It's pretty clear from both the context and my previously expressed viewpoints that I'm talking about people from foreign cultural and religious groups, not people in wheelchairs.
Actually, it isn't. Minority rights means any sort of minority, or at least it does here.

If atheism isn't a religious belief, than single isn't a marital status. Either you believe that God exists, that multiple gods exist, or that there is no God. All of those are beliefs.
I suggest you read the red portion of my sig. Do NOT tell me what I do or don't believe. You do not have that right.

There are other threads for this kind of argument. Mind you, it will not go anywhere positive.

Actually, it isn't. Minority rights means any sort of minority, or at least it does here.
In North America, it seems to be a tyranny of the minority, where groups that make up less than 20% of the population can tear down historical statues, get all sorts of preferential treatment in hiring and admissions, etc...
I suggest you read the red portion of my sig. Do NOT tell me what I do or don't believe. You do not have that right.

There are other threads for this kind of argument. Mind you, it will not go anywhere positive.
Fine, then I guess I don't have a marital status since I'm single.

But this thread is about Her Majesty The Queen, so let's get back on topic.
Her Majesty had a great sense of humor without being vulgar or immature.

You believe that people should bend over, literally, to the royal family, a minority of like 50 people in a country of millions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom