Random Rants 91 - Semiprimal Rage

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's impossible for figs to develop without the hornets doung their thing :wow:
The_J's link, and some others that I read about fig wasps, says that several commercial varieties don't need the fig wasps. It also says that the figs digest the wasps (if there are wasps), so you don't have to worry about eating bugs in your figs.

Now, feelings about food aren't necessarily rational, so you may still feel the need to avoid figs, but know that it isn't a real bugs-in-the-food issue. As a child, when I learned that eggs came from chickens, I worried that I'd be eating little chickens that were inside, with feathers and beaks and such. If the eggs were cooked thoroughly, for some reason, I felt they'd be fine to eat. To this day, eggs that aren't completely cooked are an issue for me, beyond the salmonella risks, even through I know there aren't little chickens inside.

It's impossible for figs to develop without the hornets doung their thing :wow:
…then it's a symbiotic relationship!

(again, if it makes you feel icky then just get another tree)

Record him and expose him.

So did you get it?

Today at work I had my own program that I wrote six years ago (and is still used daily) mansplained to me.

SMH/FML
Who was the unfortunate guy? Did you send him a thank you note? Maybe on that begins:
Spoiler :
Thank you you dipstick, I wrote the gd program. Stop embarrassing yourself and pull up your fly.

Now I’m no Romanian acrobat or Magellan or physics professor, but I understand how to walk in a straight line and be cognizant of objects/people in the direction I’m facing.

I don’t know if they have ideological component to them, that having a smartphone/bicycle/shopping cart makes them somehow immune.

It doesn’t. Watch the ‘F’ where you’re going!

Now I’m no Romanian acrobat or Magellan or physics professor, but I understand how to walk in a straight line and be cognizant of objects/people in the direction I’m facing.

I don’t know if they have ideological component to them, that having a smartphone/bicycle/shopping cart makes them somehow immune.

My phone has directions for movement in 4D. Not my fault you move only in 3.

I've been demanding shopping cart driving licenses for ages though some couldn't pass a test even for walking. I get mildly annoyed by people just suddenly stopping or changing direction without apparent reason. People don't watch back before they change lanes while driving a car so environmental awareness is way too much to expect in less heavy transportation modes.
Locally the legislation change to permit shops being open 24/7 has been great to avoid crowds.

My phone has directions for movement in 4D. Not my fault you move only in 3.

It's a personal time machine, too? I want one.

Today at work I had my own program that I wrote six years ago (and is still used daily) mansplained to me.

SMH/FML
Did you tell him you wrote it?

It's not the same thing, but once upon a time some years ago, a friend of my grandmother brought a needlepoint coaster with her when she came for their weekly cake-and-a-movie visit. Since my home crafting business was still a thing at the time (early '90s), she wanted to show it to me.

"A friend gave it to me," she said, "and I thought maybe you could learn the pattern and sell it yourself. It doesn't look too hard."

I took one look at it and nearly fell off my chair laughing. Of course I could learn the pattern and sell it myself. I'd created it and sold a set at the most recent craft fair. Apparently the person who bought it gave one away to each of four friends.

So I told her I already knew how to do the pattern since I'd made this very coaster myself. I turned it upside down to show her the stitching technique that I've never seen anyone else do with this type of 3-D needlepoint, and said that proves that I made this.

Well, that and the pattern I had upstairs, written out on graph paper, not to mention being able to match the yarn exactly with skeins I still had.

But at least she didn't try to tell me how to do it, just that she thought I could do it.

For your boss, it would be so tempting to say, "I'm glad you understand this program well enough to explain it to me. After all, I created it myself."

I ordered food from Burger Factory on skip the dishes. As soon as i finished my order and tried to place it the website went down. #FirstWorldProblems

I figured out that my phone has been notifying me, by vibrating/soft bleep, of upcoming tasks, including upcoming alarms...

I had wondered why I felt I was waking before my alarm and then drifting back to sleep.

On the plus side I had half an hour of peace and quiet this morning from about 6:15 am, and the sunrise was nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom