Random Rants : Bloody hell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, that nasalisation! The horror!

But checking gives more interest than savings

That sounds incredibly nice to have. I'm always stuck shuffling money to my money market to get better interest and to cover checking per month.

I do recommend setting yourself up with some sort of mutual fund, CD, or other investment vehicle. It simultaneously grows your money better than the savings interest and forces you to do the saving in the first place.

Ugh, money talk, absolutely disgusting.

Ugh, money talk, absolutely disgusting.

Agreed, but then I also feel the same way about discussions of cars, music, sports, and other things non-Phrossacks like to talk about. They're an odd bunch, those non-Phrossacks...

Let's talk about Manchu armour, then (?)

Agreed, but then I also feel the same way about discussions of cars, music, sports, and other things non-Phrossacks like to talk about. They're an odd bunch, those non-Phrossacks...

Fact: did you know that at least 59% of the world's population are non-Phrossacks?

And that 38% of all statistics are made up on the spot?

Technically correct, the best kind of correct.

Fact: did you know that at least 59% of the world's population are non-Phrossacks?

Indeed. My country is full of them. I am an underrepresented minority, and must secede to defend my proud and ancient culture.

You survived a meeting with other people's friends without screwing up? By CFC standards that's a rave.

Still felt awkward as all hell.

Rant: Same experience again. New Years party, and spent most of it in the corner by myself. Didn't know anybody, they didn't care, and continued drinking while I didn't. When the weed came out the smell brought back terrible memories and I left 20 minutes ago.

Is it bad to feel uncomfortable and unsocial around larger groups of people? I feel like I'm better in smaller groups, but when it gets big and full of people I don't know I go dumb. I become the sulking kid in the corner. :(

The blatant racism didn't help things either.

Rant: Same experience again. New Years party, and spent most of it in the corner by myself. Didn't know anybody, they didn't care, and continued drinking while I didn't. When the weed came out the smell brought back terrible memories and I left 20 minutes ago.

Is it bad to feel uncomfortable and unsocial around larger groups of people? I feel like I'm better in smaller groups, but when it gets big and full of people I don't know I go dumb. I become the sulking kid in the corner. :(

That's how I am around big groups of people I barely know, too, although I at least haven't been around big groups of racist people I barely know.

I spent New Years the same way I always do: screwing around at home on the interwebs.

Apparently I took a five hour nap.

re: parties
Alessia Cara said:
I would rather be at home all by myself not in this room
With people who don't even care about my well-being
I don't dance, don't ask, I don't need a boyfriend
So you can go back, please enjoy your party

Indeed. My country is full of them. I am an underrepresented minority, and must secede to defend my proud and ancient culture.
Thus the nation of the Appalachian Phrossack hordes is born.

If they're a bunch of druggie-racists then ditch them already. Say to your friend/roommate that he's OK but you don't like his friends that much (politely, of course, maybe bring up the fact that you don't/‘don''t’ like marihuana) and then the problem's solved.

My cousin posted this with the comment "nothing like a nice glass of wine on New Year's Eve."

Cousin, that is nothing like a nice glass of wine.

He should have been drinking beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom