1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Rants: --... ---.. Don't expect others to convert it for you.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Cutlass, Apr 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

That's for sure true, but I wasted 2.5h yesterday.
    Looking forward to tonight though ^^.

Yeah, but you can't plan that.

2. rah

rah Deity Supporter

I have a 90 minute security training class today as part of annual compliance. I've probably attended almost 100 of these for different clients.
    I think I got it. :lol: :lol:

3. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles uolǝɯɹǝʇɐʍ

I'm worried

Spoiler :
    The police came up because my social worker wants to talk to me urgently. But my mother stood over my shoulder while I tried to call with the phone (just got an answering machine). I don't know what's going on.

4. haroon

haroon Emperor

I really hope everything going to be ok for you

hobbsyoyo and Lexicus like this.
  5. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Professional Killjoy Moderator

Aimee,

Leave the house alone and go to the social worker and speak to him/her privately without your mother around. Or, if she comes to the house, insist that your mother not be present while you talk to him/her. You have that right. Don't let your mother bully you into "listening in" and contradicting what you are saying. The social worker wants to talk to you, not your mother. Make sure that your voice is heard, and make sure that you tell the social worker the things that you share with us.

Remember, it's about you and your well being. It's no business of your mother's.

Cutlass, hobbsyoyo, Dachs and 7 others like this.
  6. r16

r16 not deity

ı surf three times a week , put all the downloads to flash memory sticks . On May 13th and 29th as the latest two cases , computer thing starts re-assembling my downloads to ransomware and stuff . ı have acquired a reputation , with all those US diplomats really and actually seen in the city , so , well , it's unlikely to be foreign in origin . So , as ı come to city center ı can hear people discussing or at a less probably making me see that [maybe in the past] it was at the Ministerial level that it was decreed without qualifications that ı was to be left alone in whatever the hell ı do online . Washington's pressure on Ankara seems to be working , with New Turkey releasing a double citizen guy working in NASA after being held for years as Congregation and as hostage or something , so perhaps ı will not tell Americans to go and sexually satisfy themselves and such kind of utterly silly stuff . Makes it inevitable that the guys would show up .

it was not the time that decreased the number of people but the distance ı walked away from the city center , number being of those who laughed at me . This was once famous as a 99% Muslim country , so only one single person has ever crossed him or herself when he /she saw me .

in the old days ı would load the downloads in drives to my home computer gear , there have been those ı used for 3 years or so . Everyday like . These are not going bad , they are made to go bad .
    ı use Toshibas whenever ı can find them .

my internet activity has been followed the very first day ı went to the webcafe near the museum , because there was a lingering suspicion that ı was unhappy to be delegated the museum idiot to score higher in the Europe wide competition . Could ı be actually smart like with an IQ of 100 ? Was then made a traitor . In the old days when the Congregation roamed the streets , they would be bragging that they were storing everything in the computers of juidicial offices of the city . Down to every single byte . Doubt it has changed since then . And obviously there might have been maybe 15 VPN adresses banned because the guys well didn't like dealing in those .

and the best part :

going home on Wednesday . Couple ahead . Maybe late teens , maybe early twenties . Guy is perhaps twice the size of her . Hand in hand , eyes in eyes . He says they will hack the phone . She says "Don't" . Barely meters away ...

he is showing how brave he is . She looks like she cares for him .

she doesn't love you at all . If she had , she would have said she would find a new guy the week after your funeral . If you are going to make up fables , at least pay attention to what you are making up .

7. haroon

haroon Emperor

r16 even going to internet will not help your anonymousity if you open up and check mail, log in to this place, open social media perhaps, especially if you are kept going to the same internet, your activities already get profiled.

this "Great Expectations" like story actually a nice piece, you should put it to art and entertainment instead of off topic.

8. r16

r16 not deity

calling something fiction does not make it any less real . Especially if people would expect you not to tell off the couple if you hadn't seen them in the first place . Now that you are not in any way responsible for keeping me safe . In the most unlikely case if you were , the world would then really expect you tell people that they are supposed to leave me alone .

9. haroon

haroon Emperor

dang this is real lol sorry I think it is a kind of metaphors but seriously good one though

Of course you can count on me, man but I'm too young to be your wali. Nevertheless be safe man

10. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles uolǝɯɹǝʇɐʍ

Update: It was just something about paperwork. That was...anticlimactic.

Valka D'Ur, hobbsyoyo and Birdjaguar like this.
  11. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Professional Killjoy Moderator

Aimee,

Talk to him/her anyway. It's important and it could improve your situation.

Just my $0.02 but I feel that it's important enough for me to say. If I'm sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, then tell me.

The_J, hobbsyoyo and Birdjaguar like this.
  12. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

As a natural-born cynicist I should add that you can always say you have to go in to do more paperwork, aimee.

Valka D'Ur likes this.
  13. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

I'm returning a leased car today. The dealership I got it from is back in Torrance, a 50 mile drive. I tried leave it with a local dealership and they said no and I didn't have time to call all the other dealerships between here and there. I'm just hoping the lease-end process is easy - GM financial has been exceedingly difficult to work with as their billing and online systems are critically flawed and outright broken.

I'm going to miss this car, it was the first one I owned that was fun to drive.

Rave: Going down to a single-car household

Cutlass likes this.
  14. rah

rah Deity Supporter

I assume your lease period was completed.

15. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Yup and we're not replacing it.

16. rah

rah Deity Supporter

I would have just tossed the keys on the managers desk and left the car in the parking lot and said, if there's any paperwork to sign, you know where to find me. ;)

17. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

That's essentially what happened! It was much, much easier than I thought it would be. I just gave them the keys and signed a mileage form. I thought it was going to be a whole process, you know? This was my first lease, I got it when I moved to Cali. I'm oddly sentimental about it. :lol:

18. Dachs

Dachs Hero of the Soviet Union

In the flyer in question, Limpert celebrated the impending death of the Nazi "hangmen" and urged his fellow Ansbachers to hang white flags. He told them not to resist the Americans and used the example of several other Franconian cities to remind them of what would happen if they tried: their city would be wrecked, many of them would die, and the Americans would win anyway.

19. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

Many years ago, before self serve gas stations, one of the main duties of service station attendants was to wash the cars' windshields because they were always covered in dead bugs. The bugs died because the car crashed into them as it drove along the highway. That rarely happens any more. Bugs on windshields is no longer a thing in the US. I guess we have reduced the bug population sufficiently that there are too few to have an impact on driving. That is probably not a good thing. :(

20. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

You live in the wrong place. Bugs on windshields is still a thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.