Random Rants: --... ---.. Don't expect others to convert it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had an email from the bookseller I've had an issue with. They say they can't reverse the COD charge, but they have decided to refund my money. And now I know the reason for it (partially, at least): They used a carrier that doesn't know that the NAFTA agreement signed last fall resulted in Canadians being able to buy $150 worth of goods online before duty/tax kicks in. The books I bought were only $23.90. So if they were going to collect anything, it would have been GST to the amount of $1.19 - which I would have had to pay up front during the checkout, and would have questioned, because only Canadian sellers charge GST on Amazon Marketplace purchases.

Another of my purchases is from a different seller that now uses this carrier. I am anticipating another round of arguments and telling them to refund my money because I will NOT be paying this charge that isn't valid.

So if I want these books, I'm either going to have to buy them separately so they won't be shipped together (after they're returned to the seller and hopefully nobody else buys them in the meantime), or use a seller that doesn't use this particular carrier... or buy from a seller in the UK or in Canada. Or I might have to see what's available on eBay (not a great choice since the shipping charges some of those sellers have are astronomical).

Not as old as I felt some years ago when I realised that I was too old to find Smosh videos funny and once I hadn't been.

Never watched a Smosh video. I sort of missed the 'sketch comedy' phase of Youtube.

It was good back then, at the time. I was in my late teens, there were some genuinely funny videos, it was far less cluttered, it made do.

But you haven't really missed anything.

The point's more about how many years had passed, both externally and internally, for me.

at least you had videos. ;)

Heh, I'm that young… of course, dial-up Internet was the norm back then, so maybe the social aspect of watching stuff with other people in the home of whomever had a working broadband connection helped.

isn't it always awesome that you can see people discussing that some people high up , like even from Ankara told that you were to be left alone , and right on , you get the very same guy attacking to lock everything , like again . ı don't know what a talk on submarines and the brutal ways they can be killed has to be with locals ? Why it isn't enough for people to accept r16 is an idiot and just go and find something else to do ? . Isn't this boresome , happening like at least every 15 days ?

even better is the way the computer runs to 100% in task manager while writing this up .

edit: Also product improved , rebooting the computer does not make it go away . ı think this USb # 25 now . Or was it 26 ?

edit2: has a size of 6 Megabytes , that remains inside the USB .

Last edited:
You need to buy better thumb drives. I have never had one go bad.

even better is the way the computer runs to 100% in task manager while writing this up .

it seems your internet cafe computer has accumulated lots of trojan that occupy the ram and made the processor busy.

Use ttnet at the comfort of your home r16, it was not that expensive, and use vpn if you are worry your internet activity being followed

Last edited:
What did any of the first bit before the two edits mean?

The year's not even halfway over yet, don't give up ^_^

You don't know my skills ^^ :/.

I am on the way to a seminar. It has a 50€ no-show fee. So i was well in time at the train station. I thought. Seems that someone killed himsrlf outside of the station. Or 3 different people, bc nearly no trains were going north, south or east (and west is the coast). Wanted to be there 30 min early, now I will be 45 min late :mad:.

And the arab guy next to me keeps talking into his phone. In a full train. All the time.

Edit: after having to wait 1h at the station, and taking the train for 30 min, it turns out I was wrong about the date, it's tomorrow :mad:.
Will at least still be enough time for me to go to the gym.

Last edited:
Is this another date with the person you had zero chemistry with? Or a date with a different person that for some reason you're guaranteed to not have sex with inside 7 months?

Ah sorry, my English comprehension is lacking again.

Edit: after having to wait 1h at the station, and taking the train for 30 min, it turns out I was wrong about the date, it's tomorrow :mad:.
Wrong smiley. It means you're still in time.

You don't know my skills ^^ :/.

That implies that success is all on you, which isn't true. Random things happen, I previously connected with my female neighbor with literally zero effort on my part. Completely unexpected but that's how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom