Random Rants: --... ---.. Don't expect others to convert it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like it's definitely less of a thing though.

Don't windscreen wipers clean off the insect bodies?

Not all that well. Not without a hard rain helping. Even the washer fluid spray doesn't get all the bug guts off. Wipers just aren't designed for scrubbing smeared bugguts.

Now one other factor that is true is that the improved aerodynamics of modern cars means that more bugs get lofted over the roof, rather than splattered. But 2 years ago when I was touring the upper plains states with a friend I had to clean bugs off the glass every time we got gas.

Not much. The newer design of cars in terms of aerodynamics reduces the issue a tad but hasn't resolved it. Drive on any interstate in the middle of nowhere, and you'll smack plenty.

xpost

Well, I don't drive or live anywhere really warm, so I'll take your collective words for it.

You live in the wrong place. Bugs on windshields is still a thing.
I guess I've been in NM too long (since 1990) to realize that the rest of the world still has a bug problem. Good news then. Thanks.
Proof that Mary does indeed make cookies.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

The cookies themselves were eaten too fast too take a picture of.

At least tell us what kind they were!

That seems like two lots of bad news to me.

Here, when you've visited the emergency department, you get a phone call wanting to know if you would "recommend" it to your family and friends.

Um... no. Because first, I hope they don't need it. Second, it was a frustrating, painful experience, and they wouldn't believe me that my diagnosis happened only that night (the on-call doctor told me I needed to be in the hospital NOW, so I should go to Emergency NOW).

Third... it's the only emergency room we have in Red Deer. It's not like you have a choice of other places if you don't like this one.

But at least it didn't cost me anything other than taxi fare to get there and bus fare to attend a couple of appointments on a day pass. Oh, and something to pay the person who took care of Maddy while I was gone.

strangely enough , the company at #872 called , after working hours , too . Like trying to sell an upgrade to my brother's net service . Had so much of an air of superiority , will be available form the tape he had running , now that all trade calls on the phone service is legally required to be taped . ı won't have internet at home , the need to go home makes me get up at the webcafe , net being addictive kind of thing and 3 days in a week is kinda enough too . Nor it can be a need to place stuff in the computer , everybody has at least a decade of knowing how the kangoroo courts work in this country . Then , it's got to be proving managerial skills . If ı don't come to the web cafe , people won't see me kind of thing . Nobody is asking me anything , well because nobody would like me kind of thing . And had it been on Wednesday , obviously people would have time to remember the now dead Turkish Airforce's UFO engagement and would create a link with the nose gear troubles of one Phantom that still managed to land in one piece . Because you know , it happens .... Blamed for things you don't and always ignored for what you do .

I'm confuse and in agony recently, ugh it's so weird, how someone that I think will always there when you need her, the one that always demand a call once in a month that meant everything for her (I never granted it), someone that sacrifices for me her whole life, the one who shed her tear a lot for me for all trouble I made, the one that push me when all just gave up on me, now suddenly I cannot even talk to her. She is there but lost her contact with reality.

Dang, she can do her best to support her 3 children, in every horrible and difficult condition, she always has her time, her wealth, she even sacrifice herself if it is needed to for us. But we, 3 grown up, find it so hard to support our mother with our time and money during her short period of dependency. 1 can bear all the 3, while the 3 is such clowns. It took my wife to point that to me.

I just wish I call her more often before this happened. Talk to her more often before this happened. Now I want to talk to her, she is there, but not there.

So guys better treat the one that love you the most the best treatment. They may not be there for you anymore. The best among people are, the one who treat those who love them the most with the best treatment. Only strong and big heart personality able to do that. I hope I will be like that.

House went up for sale today. I'm hoping it does not sell quickly.

Thankfully, it seems like that may end up being the case, as my landlord is trying to sell at a price from before the ever-so-slight strangulation of the housing market here.

Anyone want to dish out a cool two mil?

Zimbabwean dollars? I can get them printed at the university building for free.

Zimbabwean dollars? I can get them printed at the university building for free.
266px-100_million_front.JPG

Exactly. The student union prints out stuff for students for free if it's under a certain amount, and this would be one page.

Damn it! Most of the month I have a balance between 9,999 and 8,500 euros in my checking account because people with a balance above 10k get bombarded with cold calls from the bank trying to sell them whatever. Besides, I have a rental agreement that forces me to transfer the money between the 1st and the 5th of each month so even though my company usually pays the monthly salary a couple of days before the end of the month I always have to wait a couple of days until I can pay the rent.

Most months what I do is get bombarded for a couple of days and then on the 1st of each month pay the rent, pay the bills and divert some cash to investment accounts in order to lower my balance to the 8,500 to 9,999 euros range and stop being bombarded.

Not this month though. This month I got paid on May 29th and June 1st was a Saturday. That means that even if I ordered the transfer of money on June 1st the transfer itself it wouldn't take place until June 3rd*.

So from May 29th until June 3rd I've been receiving at least 4 to 5 calls a day from my bank trying to sell me s**t and I couldn't block the number because at the end of the day is the phone number of my bank. Yesterday all transfers were executed and all bills were paid so today is the first day of peace at last.

*Note: In Spain all bank transfers go trough an interbank clearing house. Having a clearing house system means that the transfer gets noted on the day the order is given and the money is authorized (i. e. blocked) but the transfer itself doesn't take place until the next working day. Most countries use it to some extent so it is not something specific of Spain. Clearing houses are also the reason why you don't get refunded instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom