1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Rants LIII: F My Life

Discussion in 'Picture Threads Archive' started by choxorn, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borachio

Borachio Way past lunacy

Ha!

The "almost" should qualify that as a rave, I think.

2. shadowplay

shadowplay (boss music)

It's only Tuesday. Normally I don't run into road vomit until the weekend.

3. haroon

haroon Deity

Maybe you are right, I thought like that because it is all start after eating, and each time I feel much better, it is again get worst after I eat something. Now it is much better even though it still in pain. And I already finish 3 from 5 of the paper I should finish.

I can be more relax now.

4. Borachio

Borachio Way past lunacy

I've worked for firms like that. It's typically ones that are trying hard to make major profits at the expense of their work force. Keep your employees guessing and on their toes, separate the wheat from the chaff... or something like that.

They can be a nightmare to work for.

They will often talk in lofty tones about a "flexible" work force. And "redeployment". And such guff.

5. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

(See response to azzaman's post)

Yeah, it's good that this girl is more sympathetic and, in her own words, "not at all awkward about anything, because...

...this is my exact situation. It's not that she just wants to be friends, it's that she wants to be friends for now, leaving me wanting her to be mine but not knowing when she'll want me, if ever.

I don't know, to be honest. I would rather love her and risk it all, but at the same time I don't want to ever lose her friendship or make things awkward between us, so it screws with my head.

6. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Had that fear too.
    But at some point I couldn't take it any longer, and confessed to my best friend.
    She was surprisingly cool with it.
    We still talk about very private things, still give each other hugs, etc., don't think *that* much has changed.
    And now I at least know that I have to find someone else.
    Knowing that, and together with all the other considerations, and all the other internal pressure, I have to say I felt relieved afterwards.

One thing to think for yourself: If you don't do anything, everything will stay as it is.
    Do you want that? Or do you want that things change? It can't get better if you don't do anything about it.
    -> your choice.

7. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

Need to stop poking myself in the eye.

8. Phrossack

Phrossack Armored Fish and Armored Men

Wear goggles.

9. Owen Glyndwr

Owen Glyndwr La Femme Moderne

You gotta move on mang. She's just using you as a safe backup if things go wrong with whoever she may be pursuing. Either that or she's not interested in you romantically and wanted to let you down easy.

Either way you're getting the bad end of the stick, even if she does decide she's interested.

10. Kozmos

Kozmos Jew Detective

But they do nothing?

11. Borachio

Borachio Way past lunacy

Don't they stop you poking yourself in the eye?

I suppose it does depend where you wear them.

12. Kozmos

Kozmos Jew Detective

Link to video.

13. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

If she hasn't made things clear, then, as Owen said, she might be using you as backup. My best friend, she made it very clear that she wasn't interested in me; at lest back then, she was a blunt, matter-of-fact person, so when she said "no" to me, she definitely 100% meant no. Some people aren't like that, I'm aware. Also I think she made it clear when we talked things out that if I would try to win her over she would beat the crap out of me (alright, we were joking with each other, but it was used to make her point clear, and I appreciate that - a lot of people are very vague with things).

I think my friend's blunt persona really helped. I knew she would tell the truth, so I didn't have doubts. Not all people are like that.

But hopefully you'll have it all sorted out eventually. It took me a few months to sort things out with my friend, but it was worth it.

Yay, so my experience wasn't unique! After reading about all the horrible drama and terrible stories about people getting friendzoned or losing friends after love confessions or what other sort of soap opera drama you can think of, I was seriously wondering whether my experience was some sort of fantasy that would never happen in the real world. Thankfully, it's not. My friend and I were pretty reasonable about the whole situation (relatively speaking) and I'm really glad for that - in fact in a way it made our friendship stronger.

Though we don't really hug a lot. Which is fine, our friendship was kind of like that to begin with.

14. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Thanks everyone. :)

15. Tolina

Tolina trust the pillars with your s e c r e t s

For the last week, it seems God turned on the thermostat in Bulgaria. It's bloody hot everywhere, and it's not even July yet!

16. Ceoladir

Ceoladir Come Fly With Me

This isn't really a rant but it's also not a rave. More just a comment on life.

My recent dealings with military recruiters has taught me that the only way I can trust somebody I don't know is if they don't stand to benefit from lying. Typically they do.

17. Borachio

Borachio Way past lunacy

Can I ask what your dealings have consisted of?

Have you been trying to get into the military yourself? Or are you already in the military, or associated with it in some way, and recruiting others?

18. Goodfella

Goodfella Showing results for

I'm so sick of this! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Aaaaargggghh %&^*%!!!! @!#$@ %$^$!!!!!

19. Borachio

Borachio Way past lunacy

That is... so... blue!!

But what do you keep looking for?

20. Goodfella

Goodfella Showing results for

I click that number (958 in the picture) to generate the 'who posted' window. I then have to wait 15 seconds before I can do anything. This happens once every so often but it builds up man, it builds up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.