Random Rants LIV: I Took An Arrow In The Knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at all the flowery dresses and bare legs about the place.

I wouldn't call that bonkers.

I just slept eighteen hours straight. Fixed my sleeping schedule, though!

I get "angry" when I see quotation marks used for emphasis. Use underlines, italics, bold, or caps, but not quotation marks. I've seen signs saying "Please keep 'quiet' in the hallways," as though we're not really supposed to keep quiet but merely pretend to.

I get "angry" when I see quotation marks used for emphasis. Use underlines, italics, bold, or caps, but not quotation marks. I've seen signs saying "Please keep 'quiet' in the hallways," as though we're not really supposed to keep quiet but merely pretend to.

They might mean "keep not as noisy as you would otherwise, but obviously we know it won't be actually a quiet state". Or they are just hacking it, as usual :)

Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap

I just accepted a job offer for tomorrow, only to realize I was already going to an orientation for a volunteer position that morning. Called back, and the guy was disappointed and told me not ever to do that again. Think I just lost a chance at a job for good. :(

I would think in situations like that actual employment comes ahead of volunteering. Couldn't you have cancelled the orientation?

You should have decided if you wanted to go to the job interview more or not. Asking the interviewer to change the date rarely is going to go down nicely & some of those interviewers may already be unsavory types ;)

I would think in situations like that actual employment comes ahead of volunteering. Couldn't you have cancelled the orientation?
I could've, but I agreed in advance to it a week ago, and it's for a good cause (hippotherapy). Moreover, it's not a part- or full-time job, but appears sporadically on an as-needed basis.
You should have decided if you wanted to go to the job interview more or not. Asking the interviewer to change the date rarely is going to go down nicely & some of those interviewers may already be unsavory types ;)
Wasn't an interview. It was a moving job, and I realized after I'd agreed to it that I was already busy.

I've profusely apologized and agreed to try to recruit some friends, which pleased the guy. The company encourages its members to recruit friends. But I can't shake the feeling that since he asked me to do that after the disaster, he's looking for a replacement. He probably isn't, but still.

I finally had a shot, and I may have blown it. :(

Recruiting friends? What company is that? Seriously. Any company that needs you to "recruit" people sounds sketchy. In this economy there shouldn't be any need to recruit people.

Recruiting friends? What company is that? Seriously. Any company that needs you to "recruit" people sounds sketchy. In this economy there shouldn't be any need to recruit people.

Co-optation ensures there is a common culture. And for some kind of jobs, placing job offerings and not invitation looks sketchy instead. In the indie gaming business, small development groups may prefer to co-opt people instead of placing openings. I can know because I have done so myself. Placing openings generally looks utterly helpless if you aren't established.

Well, this has been a good last night in Vitoria, even though one or two details are kind of frustrating.

Half my facebook news feed for the last half year has been graduation photos. Meanwhile, I only have 5 semesters left.

Half my facebook news feed for the last half year has been graduation photos. Meanwhile, I only have 5 semesters left.

I came here to rant about this exact thing.

Worse in that I was supposed to finish at the same time as them... :blush:

Don't worry, you will get there in due time. :)

Meanwhile

Are you posting pro-monarchy slogans to back your new king?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom