Random Rants LVII: wow. many anger. very whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rats.

Evaporator
Condenser

Seriously, English language?

From the OED: "The distinction between -er and -or as the ending of agent nouns is purely historical and orthographical; in the present spoken language they are alike pronounced /ə(r)/ , except that in law terms and in certain Latin words not fully naturalized, -or is still sounded /ɔː(r)/ . In received spelling, the choice between the two forms is often capricious, or determined by other than historical reasons."

It should be 'condensator', clearly.

I've now reached a point where I'm not only actively disengaged in my job, but actively hate every mnute.New 'efficiency' for the same pay means that we're fewer workers and we're getting fewer every month. The turnover os now so high that I feel like an idiot for still being there. I think I'll need to quit before I find a new job or inertia wl keep me from taking the search seriously.

I also just realized that I only turned on the light in the oved and my dinner still is't finished. Another 20 minutes of hunger.

I just found a few old photos of myself (the latest is 20 years ago). In one, I have huge bags under my eyes even as a child and in another, I'm wearing ridiculous, large glasses which seem to take up half my face.

I just found a few old photos of myself (the latest is 20 years ago). In one, I have huge bags under my eyes even as a child and in another, I'm wearing ridiculous, large glasses which seem to take up half my face.

But at least they obscure the bags under your eyes, so that's a win, yes?

On a side note, I am glad that in my youth I subscribed to the aboriginal belief that a photo is a stealing of the soul, or alternatively planned for the possibility that I might take up a career as an international assassin, but in any case I avoided all photos for the vast majority of my life.

But at least they obscure the bags under your eyes, so that's a win, yes?

*laughs* You can't see the bags in the glasses photo, you're quite right. :)

Believe it or not, but you can establish a connection with the Internet, and the world through a Nokia C1-01. Granted, it ain't pleasant, but it's possible.

I remember when we still lived in the dark ages. I'm still old enough.

Spoiled kids these days.

You know, with some funding, you could easily turn Bulgaria into a Medieval Dark Ageseque theme park! It even has enough resent to pull that off!

"Visit Bulgaria, die by an illness that can be cured with medicine to be invented in a millennium and a half later!"

I just saw the plan for today. I'll be doing the job of two people today. Which up until about half a year ago was the job of three people. Which up until the end of 2013 was the job of four people.

Screw this. I'll finish this mont and March (only because of the one month's notice) and resign whether I have a new job by then or not. I'd rather live off potatoes and tap water for a month, than spend one more day in my job than I am contractually obligated to.

Where is Moe Howard when we need him?
Use a Fake Moe.
Believe it or not, but you can establish a connection with the Internet, and the world through a Nokia C1-01. Granted, it ain't pleasant, but it's possible.
I don't understand why you would do such a thing. As the spiritual patriarch (it's patriarch and not Exarch, right?) I must tend to your needs. I sense something disturbing.
You know, with some funding, you could easily turn Bulgaria into a Medieval Dark Ageseque theme park! It even has enough resent to pull that off!

"Visit Bulgaria, die by an illness that can be cured with medicine to be invented in a millennium and a half later!"
'Turn'?

And why haven't these gems found their way to the members photos thread yet? :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom