Random Rants LVII: wow. many anger. very whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
California is always beckoning! My next door neighbor's house is for sale, no basement floor problems (in the desert we don't do basements), no flooding problems unless I overflow my pool, no frozen pipe problems...it is a virtual paradise.

Californians of CFC, unite!

You seem like a guy who would let me borrow his futuristic lawnmower, but would then dump a bucket of water on me at 3am somehow as a prank and then call me at 8am on a saturday to complain about something or other. I think I'm basically picturing a cliched 80s style comedy for some reason.

You seem like a guy who would let me borrow his futuristic lawnmower, but would then dump a bucket of water on me at 3am somehow as a prank and then call me at 8am on a saturday to complain about something or other. I think I'm basically picturing a cliched 80s style comedy for some reason.

:lol:

Apparently I have completely misrepresented myself. I have a push mower.

The rest doesn't sound much like me either, especially the 3AM and 8AM parts. :dunno:

True story or not, as stories go that's a fairly short one. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, of course.

Shorter than what is generally regarded as the shortest short story: Hemingway's "For sale: baby shoes, never worn."

Duane Ackerman's "Sign at the End of the Universe" is much shorter than Hemingway's story, but still one character longer than She = Ella.

I expect that Hemingway's story was intended to be sad, but my son had a whole slew of baby shoes that he never wore, as his feet were so fat that we couldn't squeeze them into anything smaller than a size 5 shoe. Consequently, my first reaction to the story was to laugh.

Ackerman cheats by working some of the story into the title.

Rant: Slipped on ice today while carrying groceries. Was hoping to go the whole winter climbing up and down the hill behind my apartment without slipping. Oh well.

"This way up."

I'm not sure I get it. We're all in a packing case, and someone's plonked it down the wrong way?

Or is it something about the reversal of time?

Man, sometimes these combinations aren't fun.
On Friday I met a really cute girl. The conversation didn't really take of.
What I got from the conversation: She studies something like sustainable city development, which already makes me go o_O, and she has some obsession with Costa Rica, which also makes me o_O.
Met her yesterday again, and this time it worked really well, and thought about maybe still asking her out. Until she mentioned that she'd leave at midnight, to tramp with one of her friends to Berlin, because in Berlin they have the world's best vegan döner.
Yeah, thanks, great o_O o_O o_O .

because in Berlin they have the world's best vegan döner.

As a vegetarian, I'd' like to meet more vegetarian/vegan girls / girls who are alright with vegetarian/vegan food. :mischief:

EDIT: Speaking of which, some douchebag is being a douchebag about me being vegetarian just because I mentioned that I'm vegetarian, and he's talking about how it's so unhealthy and objectively worse than being a non-vegetarian. Jesus Christ, folks, it's not like I'm a militant tree-hugging hippy, it's like some people just love to bash vegetarians the very moment they hear the word.

I'm not a vegetarian but I definitely see the appeal. Maybe one day I'll take the plunge. I don't think I could give up fish though.

Why would anyone not like fish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom