Random Rants LVII: wow. many anger. very whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omegle on mobile is a parade of endless dicks.

Although we did leave a Slovene really confused and he surely will remember Bulgaria.
And then there was that bus filled with Egyptian boys and girls.

Now, I am more or less fine with intestinal problems, although it is really annoying. What I cannot possibly stand though, is to have to get up every fifteen minutes to go to the bathroom while I try to watch a movie.

Oh cool. Dyou guys have, say, tourists made of tofu for us vegetarians? Are those good?:mischief:
Yes but you have to call in advance to notify us of your tofu tourist preference. ;)

A real viking eats meat fish, dammit.
:smug:

The dried cod's really just for the protein and phosphorus, right?
That and the deliciousness. :yumyum:

That's an interesting question. What is the daily quota of tourist-meat for the average Norwegian?
It varies. In summertime is pretty low but in the winter the northern lights lure in the tourist and we feast.

Now, I am more or less fine with intestinal problems, although it is really annoying. What I cannot possibly stand though, is to have to get up every fifteen minutes to go to the bathroom while I try to watch a movie.
What are you doing here on CFC you'll get us all sick!

Also get better soon :)

Will you have some introduction classes that day?
e.g. I remember that at my university there were some special things in the first days for foreigners, just to help them with the necessary things.

And everyone survives ;). Don't worry, other people have dealt with it, and other people were less smart and probably also less prepared than you. -> you can do it.

I have a ton to do before I even leave. I have to make packing list, get adapters and ethernet cable, call insurance company, get extra meds for five months, visit dentist, visit doctor, clean great-aunt's house, pack everything, discuss phone situation, find various paperwork, get ISIC card at school, activate new debit card, put a ton of money in it, since I'll need hundreds on the first day, come up with a thorough travel plan, and probably some other stuff.

I'll have a ton of flying to do. Two hours to DC, eight hours to Zürich, and one hour to Köln. Plus at least two hours of layovers. I'll be in planes or airports from 1:00PM Monday to 10:00 AM Tuesday.

When I land in Köln, exhausted from sleep deprivation and jetlag and alone in a foreign country, I'll have to ride a bus to Bonn, ride a shuttle to the International Office, provide proof of health insurance, locate nearby English-speaking doctors, sign a lease, pay three months' worth of rent, possibly open a bank account, register with the city, pay €255 for various stuff, get a residence permit, get moved in, and probably do a few more things before I drop dead.

Yes but you have to call in advance to notify us of your tofu tourist preference. ;)
You can trap Chinese ones for us specially? Woo, soya-fed vegetarians' meat!
Snerk said:
Oh, right, you lot have a fetish for fermenting fish.
Snerk said:
That and the deliciousness. :yumyum:
Pizza with anchovies is well-liked by some people, so I guess I should move to norway and expand my knowledge of fish.
Snerk said:
It varies. In summertime is pretty low but in the winter the northern lights lure in the tourist and we feast.
The opposite of most other touristivore species. We should send some biologists there to study you.

The first time I visited a foreign country I set off armed with nothing but a card that said "I am lost, please direct me to Yakosuka Naval Station" in English and Japanese. Within two hours I had invited myself to some sort of giant corporate picnic, featuring free beer and food, where two very cute girls who spoke not a lick of English took me into their hearts.

All your concern and preparation is not really necessary. You'll survive.

The first time I visited a foreign country I set off armed with nothing but a card that said "I am lost, please direct me to Yakosuka Naval Station" in English and Japanese. Within two hours I had invited myself to some sort of giant corporate picnic, featuring free beer and food, where two very cute girls who spoke not a lick of English took me into their hearts.

All your concern and preparation is not really necessary. You'll survive.

I always figured if I went to another country without a significant English-speaking population (or vietnamese-speaking, I guess), I'd do something like that, carry around a bunch of cards written in the native language(s).

This and this. Regardless of what you do: nothing ventured nothing gained.

Yeah, crap, maybe.
At least I know where to find her again...gonna see.

Til including Tuesday?
That's a tight plan, but still sounds doable (not enjoyable though).
So stop slacking off here ;).

Til including Tuesday?

That's a tight plan, but still sounds doable (not enjoyable though).

So stop slacking off here ;).

It's a very tight schedule, and that's only part of it. Tuesday will be brutal because I'll probably be running on very little sleep, have seven hours of jet lag, and will be frantically running across a foreign city alone doing a crapton of complicated things, and I'm merely conversational in German, not fluent. I'm sure I can get English help, but still. I'll be half-dead and swamped with work simultaneously. They expect students to land, move in, get registered at three separate offices across the city, open a bank account, pay hundreds of Euros in cash and hundreds more in credit, and everything else, all by 6:00 PM.

The opposite of most other touristivore species. We should send some biologists there to study you.

Not that strange. If nature blesses you with appropriate hunting grounds, you can have all-seasonal tourist supply.
See: my dear wonderful country.

I know, Tolni, but it appears that north of Hordaland the natives receive and eat more tourists during the winter than the summer.

New rant: Seriously, Muhrica? Just stop lying to us about your commitment to ‘freedom’.

I know, Tolni, but it appears that north of Hordaland the natives receive and eat more tourists during the winter than the summer.

New rant: Seriously, Muhrica? Just stop lying to us about your commitment to ‘freedom’.

I don't like the police anymore, either. They need a total reform. Don't think we're all like that. But I still suspect that people would be completely okay with police brutality as long as there was no hypocrisy involved. There's a thread on precisely that that I might want to necro...

Fun fact, US have gone on about liberty and brought the same as was done in that Chicago place or worse. All over the globe. I can't like the U.S. government system at any of its levels, it seems. :undecide:

Does my constant stream of invectives for the not nearly far enough away home city of our glorious president hold perspective for the moment? The Chicago police are sharks.

Does my constant stream of invectives for the not nearly far enough away home city of our glorious president hold perspective for the moment? The Chicago police are sharks.

Other than having been recently caught in something, what makes you think they are any worse than average?

My abiding faith that my local boys are not smart enough nor well funded enough to consistently keep from getting caught were they engaging with any reasonable consistency in Chicago style policing. My perspective on average is going to be colored by what I live with, and Chicago is effed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom