Random Rants LXIX: Life is a Dismal Chore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything by EA/Ubisoft has microtransactions in it. Shadow of War appears to make them compulsory by adopting a freemium strategy in a commercial AAA game. :eek:
They consider it the future of gaming......they need to be eaten by a Grue.

Anything by EA/Ubisoft has microtransactions in it. Shadow of War appears to make them compulsory by adopting a freemium strategy in a commercial AAA game. :eek:

That's what happens when the consumers let these developers and publishers get away with this whole "games are a service, not a product" crap they are pushing now.

Well, saying "I told you so" doesn't work in practice.

Our printer crapped out right after we bought a ~year long supply of ink. Thankfully the ink was recycled cartridges so it was dirt cheap but still. The worst part is that there is nothing mechanically wrong with the printer, they just stopped supporting its software and one of the recent Windows 10 updates broke it.

And of course we realize this when we actually need to use it. :(

What printer was it?
Canon Pixma MP620

I've downloaded every variation of driver they have and none of them work.

Rant:
I think I had a reaction to the flu shot I got on Saturday. I had zero energy yesterday, I felt awful, like I woke up after taking a long benadryl-induced nap. It lasted the entire day and ruined some plans I had because I could not get off the couch.

Also, the pharmacist swore it would only take 5 minutes to get my flue shot as there was no one in line. Well a line formed as they were preparing my shot and they served every.single.customer before us. They even vaccinated someone else who got in line a good 30 minutes after we did. It took an hour to get a single shot, they didn't even try to get us squared away until they had helped everyone else who showed up after us. :mad:

It's that time of year when I'm going to have to arrange for my own flu shot. I'm usually weak and sleepy for a day or two, and the arm's sore, so I need to make sure I get everything done beforehand that either requires lifting or is time-sensitive. Otherwise, I just want to sleep.

(No such luck; the cat insists on being fed, watered, and given milk daily; she also doesn't really understand "Ow, get offa me, dammit!" as an indication of anything other than me sometimes displaying Very Bad Manners, and not because she decided to stand on, lie on, or bump something painful.)

I didn't realize the weak and sleepy thing was a side effect of a flu shot. I don't remember it doing that to me before. They did say this vaccine was a stronger cocktail than they have given in the past.

I usually don't have any side effects to the flu shot. But last year I felt awful the following day. Basically it felt like the flu, which seemed very counter productive to a flu shot. But after another day I was back on my feet. Haven't decided if I'm going to get vaccinated this year or not. I might skip it.

Also, the pharmacist swore it would only take 5 minutes to get my flue shot as there was no one in line. Well a line formed as they were preparing my shot and they served every.single.customer before us. They even vaccinated someone else who got in line a good 30 minutes after we did. It took an hour to get a single shot, they didn't even try to get us squared away until they had helped everyone else who showed up after us. :mad:
Why the hell didn't you call him on that ?

I didn't realize the weak and sleepy thing was a side effect of a flu shot. I don't remember it doing that to me before. They did say this vaccine was a stronger cocktail than they have given in the past.
It didn't used to hit me this way - before was just a couple of days of soreness. But my general health isn't as good as it used to be, and of course they have to guess each year which strain(s) to do.

It's also getting to the point where I'm being asked the same questions they ask senior citizens - nowhere near 65 yet, but 54's old enough for some senior-related policies to kick in, some places.

I'm not surprised.

This is the time of year when I start my hermit-mode. Not that I go out much anyway, but I try to avoid touching any public doorknob, door handle, elevator button, etc. with bare hands. I can't do anything about debit machines, unfortunately, but I do wash ASAP after handling any of these.

I don't dare get the flu, or even a cold. It puts me out of commission for at least 3 weeks.

I usually don't have any side effects to the flu shot. But last year I felt awful the following day. Basically it felt like the flu, which seemed very counter productive to a flu shot. But after another day I was back on my feet. Haven't decided if I'm going to get vaccinated this year or not. I might skip it.
So it won't matter that you could be a carrier and pass it along to someone who isn't as strong?

Nice. (Not.)

I mean a flu shot is deactivated flu. Very, very rarely it will actually get you the flu. But I imagine having not the best health makes sense that one might esperience side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom