1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Rants LXVI: NO, **YOUR** THREAD TITLES SUCK!!

Discussion in 'Picture Threads Archive' started by Leonel, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

Hahaha no I've managed to miss the worst of the rain-affected traffic by virtue of going in super early and leaving late. :(

However, it was downright thrilling for me to walk to my car in the downpour. I really do begin to miss rain, it's been pretty steady in most of the places I've lived. Tonight's weather was odd for me because it got so windy yet there were no clouds in the sky. Back East that kind of steady, driving wind signals an incoming thunderstorm and potentially tornadoes.

How have you managed with the rain? Staying off the 405?

2. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Quad B

LOL...I live out in the desert and I'm retired. I see the 405 more in postcards than real life nowdays.

Classic LA joke: How can you say there's not enough parking in LA? Haven't you ever been on the 405?

I need to get you up into the canyons though, so you can find out what SoCal winds are all about. Blasting winds without a cloud in the sky is just normal for my part of the world.

3. Commodore

Commodore Deity

Congratulations Angst, you have now joined the ranks of us regular slobs who have to work regular jobs that we hate as we realize we will never achieve our dreams in life. Don't worry though, that sting you are feeling right now as your dreams die fades over time and just becomes a constant dull ache that you learn to live with. Best thing to do is just find happiness wherever you can and (this is going to sound terrible, but bear with me) just keep lowering your standards and expectations until you aren't disappointed with life anymore.

Hygro likes this.
  4. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

Someone stole my snow shovel. And it snowed this morning.

5. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

What a dirtbag. :( Sorry man that sucks

6. Takhisis

Takhisis daria dance party

How did they get in?

7. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

That's a skunky thing to do to someone, Cutlass. :( I hope it's not a situation where every hardware and department store within any reasonable distance are sold out of snow shovels. Is there a neighbor who could lend you one in the meantime?

@Takhisis: Speaking generally, many people leave their snow shovels outside on the porch or near the sidewalk or driveway that they're going to have to shovel (some shovels are large enough that finding a convenient space indoors can be a bit of a problem).

On to my rant:

<censored> doorknockers woke me up this morning after I'd had a whopping THREE HOURS of sleep. My call buzzer in the lobby is connected to my phone, so when the phone rings I can't tell if it's someone wanting in the building or if it's a real phone call. Since my dad is over 80 and not well, I always answer my phone because I never know if it might be to tell me he's gone to the hospital.

So I jumped out of bed and hurried to the phone, only to be greeted by a meandering voice of a young woman who said she was from some church and would I let her in so she could come and talk to me about some tract she wanted to distribute.

I read her only a partial riot act that I would have if I'd been more awake. I told her to contact the manager for permission to be in the building (since there's a "no soliciting allowed" sign in the lobby, I know she'd never get that permission). I should have asked her "What part of "No Soliciting Allowed" is too hard for you to understand?" but I really wasn't awake enough to think of that at the time.

I did tell her that if she got anyone else to let her in and she ended up at my door I would be very displeased and would be phoning the manager myself - which I actually did, to get clarification on the rules regarding religious pamphlet-pushers. So now there's a report and an email that the manager will see next time she's in the office (she wasn't around today and I ended up talking to someone at the call centre). Of course I don't expect her to go hunt the doorknockers down, but it might result in a general reminder to the tenants to not let those people in the building.

8. Takhisis

Takhisis daria dance party

I'd leave it right by the door, or in the garage if you have one. But I don't have much of a snow culture.

9. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

That can be cumbersome. Generally you can trust people to bring back a shovel if they take it so it isn't a problem to leave it unsecured. What happened to Cut is a big breach of decency in colder climates in North America.

10. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

I'm not doing well. It's been a while since I was last like this, so that's not bad i guess.

It's probably time for me to just go see a doctor and I'm legit having a 'midlife' crisis lol

boring mcboring i know, story of my life

11. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo Deity

I'm sorry to hear that Kennigit. I hope things get better for you.

12. Cutlass

It's a shovel. I keep it outdoors. :p

13. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Next time they steal your vital snow-clearing tools, you should castrate them to teach them a lesson. After all, one should always call a spayed a spayed.

14. Tolina

Tolina trust the pillars with your s e c r e t s

Or you could just put them inside your house.

15. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

That's what quitters do. Don't throw in the trowel like that!

16. Tolina

Not to mention, shovels are really good weapons in themselves. Who needs guns when you can go on the melee?

(Things Tolni Said That He'll Regret In The Future As He Seeks Future Employment #352)

17. Cutlass

Why would I want a wet and dirty shovel in my house?

18. Tolina

Not literally in your house, in the courtyard and all that.

19. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

My uncle died. He was great.

20. shadowplay

shadowplay (boss music)

(bro hugs) I'm doing pretty poor lately, too. My doctor is weening me off of paxil after 13+ years of being on it and it's kind of messing me up.

Sorry for your loss. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.