Random Rants LXVI: NO, **YOUR** THREAD TITLES SUCK!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES.

Hahaha yeah I can literally choose when I want to experience snow. I can drive just 2 hours and be skiing, then drive 3 hours the other way to the beach. I'm loving it.

I'm not totally up to speed on where you live, but I PROMISE YOU I could point out a good beach less than three hours from where you are. In three hours you should be pretty close to a beach IN MEXICO, which admittedly is better, but not really necessary.

If it's not a beach in Mexico, what's even the point?

There are beaches in California that are worth going to, if you are into the beach scene. I was ruined by Hawaii myself and find the water too cold to make California beaches really attractive, since I consider the beach to be just the last thing to be crossed on the way into the water. Beaches in Mexico also have cold water, but hey...they are in Mexico and that's always good.

Snow shovels are kept outside adjacent to where the shovelling is required. In snow-land, any other storage is a clear sign of madness.

You're mandated to clean your street? Dang. That's some big government right there.

Just scrape it off… well, it ultimately depends on cut's arrangements.

We're only mandated to clear the sidewalks. The town does the streets. The driveway is optional. But if you don't, the mail won't be delivered if you haven't cleared access to the box. And other delivery people won't come either. And there's a limit to how much snow you can leave and still get your car in and out yourself.

This was a smallish storm.

I would have had trouble getting in the driveway if it were any deeper.

Dude it's pervasive and you have to account for it in weird ways.
Yes, well, the US election threads keep popping up… oh, you meant the snow.
There are good, practical reasons for this. First of all, Canada Post employees have the right to refuse to deliver mail to your address if you haven't cleared the snow. Granted, I've encountered a couple of them who were special snowflakes who wouldn't set foot on the sidewalk unless it was basically bare, dry cement, but the main thing is to avoid people slipping on ice. It doesn't take much ice buildup to make a surface slippery enough to cause serious injury.

I slipped on a patch of ice nearly 30 years ago, when running for the bus after dark (I'd been at a rehearsal for a production of West Side Story and had to catch the last bus home). I didn't notice the ice until I was on the ground, having fallen onto my right ankle... which resulted in weeks of pain, not being able to walk properly, or even play the organ properly (the right foot controls the expression - aka volume - pedal) and my music teacher kept getting after me for that. I really should have gone to the doctor, but hoped I could tough it out long enough to get through the upcoming Western Board of Music exams I'd been studying for during the last half-year.

That ankle still gives me problems at times. :mad: And the amount of ice I slipped on wasn't thick at all - just incredibly slippery.
Wow. :S
Snow shovels are kept outside adjacent to where the shovelling is required. In snow-land, any other storage is a clear sign of madness.
This is a subtropical paradise.
We're only mandated to clear the sidewalks. The town does the streets. The driveway is optional. But if you don't, the mail won't be delivered if you haven't cleared access to the box. And other delivery people won't come either. And there's a limit to how much snow you can leave and still get your car in and out yourself.
‘only’. >_<
You wound me, Master Takhisis! :(
‘Master’? Are you accusing me of being a rogue Time Lord?
Screw you, evangelists, and screw you, school administration, for letting them in.
I once or twice went ridiculously Catholic

This was a smallish storm.

I would have had trouble getting in the driveway if it were any deeper.
Have you considered investing in a snow blower?

I'm not totally up to speed on where you live, but I PROMISE YOU I could point out a good beach less than three hours from where you are. In three hours you should be pretty close to a beach IN MEXICO, which admittedly is better, but not really necessary.
Oh I live literally 10 minutes from Torrance beach in traffic. I just meant that a person here could start somewhere near central LA county, drive 2 hours east to snow and 3 hours west to the beach.

You're right though, the water is too cold here to be really amazing and I must admit (and this is weird) but the pacific isn't as stinky as the Gulf. That's a bad thing; I love the smell of the sea. It's not a very pervasive smell here, even adjacent to the beaches.

Oh I live literally 10 minutes from Torrance beach in traffic. I just meant that a person here could start somewhere near central LA county, drive 2 hours east to snow and 3 hours west to the beach.

You're right though, the water is too cold here to be really amazing and I must admit (and this is weird) but the pacific isn't as stinky as the Gulf. That's a bad thing; I love the smell of the sea. It's not a very pervasive smell here, even adjacent to the beaches.

It's the cold water. Our current offshore comes roaring straight down the coast. It's rich in small nutrients, but doesn't produce as much of the big plant life. There are places where there are offshore kelp beds that can be pretty smelly, but they aren't everywhere.

So I'm basically stuck in hell; a hot, tiny room with my brother and mother stuck in it for the next 2-3 months. Frostbite at this point seems appealing.

So I'm basically stuck in hell; a hot, tiny room with my brother and mother stuck in it for the next 2-3 months. Frostbite at this point seems appealing.

Same here. My landlord and roommate are both Japanese so they're buddies with each other, and my roommate somehow convinced her to raise the thermostat to 30 degrees.

I am dying.

I don't like banks. They are going to ruin me.

My first appointment with this medical program was a disaster.

This is all happening minutes/hours after I made a rousing speech to my closest friend about not wanting to be so miserable anymore. Life is making a point.

Edit: Also, this video.

There are beaches in California that are worth going to, if you are into the beach scene. I was ruined by Hawaii myself and find the water too cold to make California beaches really attractive, since I consider the beach to be just the last thing to be crossed on the way into the water. Beaches in Mexico also have cold water, but hey...they are in Mexico and that's always good.

Se this is why you only go to Hawaii to retire. It ruins all other beaches for you.

God I haven't seen my grandfather in ****ing years now and I don't know if I could face him again njdnqwebfjihbfhbdewbfjkebqfqwujfbwepfhjbåduiwerbfuiowerbåfåw

jesus ****ing christ

My grandfather is 93 and could die any day now. I'm not sure how selfish I am by not seeing him at least quarterly.

My new router got here a day early, but it still doesn't solve the problem and the IT people I'm talking to can't seem to fix it. Driving me insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom