Random Rants Q': I protest against subtitles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's entirely unfair. I am not a sock-puppet, lapdog, or other chained to Tim metaphor.
I have no quarrel with you Tak, regardless of what you think of me. I think Tims treatment of you is bullfeathers and I am ashamed of my participation in that treatment. I didn't come here to start ****, I came here to clarify the management change of the server as part of helping people who are here but are not in the bfc loop understand better the steps we're taking.

With that said, I also understand I'm invading your space, and for that invasion I am sorry. I won't post here again, not as a flounce or ragequit, but out of respect for you, and for the hurt I have caused.
Alright, CFC ate my earlier iteration of this post.

What I wanted to say is that I am glad that you are taking responsibility for your actions. I don't want a fight and I am not an owner, admin or moderator here so you can post wherever you like. I can and do accept your apology, but I do have to say that I have little desire for any interaction with you after everything that has happened. :sad:

Place is disgusting and its inhabitants loathesome.

Not as cool as the star wars bar. Heh.

But let's go with either none the same!

so , somewhere on Off-topic , there is a r16 post that suggests the real life situation of Elizabethan England seeking an alliance with the Ottomans against Spain . Some overblown r16 thing about steamships ; and yeah , they are laughing at me in the streets as if ı actually claimed that . Or we were 500 years ahead of America , which seems to be making the rounds . Dear people in the big city nearby , had you watched proper shows on TV you would have known it is already an American plot , Alias directed by JJ Abrams . In which a Milo Rambaldi is such a great renaissance person that he invents the cellphones during the rein of not some Pope , or some Christian Monarch the TV audiences would have heard of . But Bayezid ll , son of Fatih and father of Selim the Grim ... Considering the real power to the big cannons that wrecked the walls in 1453 was not their size , because there had been bigger bombards previously but the Ottomans had the means to move them over any measurable distance , like real history ... But the narrative being it was European renegades who did anything good for the Ottomans who reverted to their true colours and misery over time and so much fun to have with "Muslims" believing it was done through prayer and sheiks who flew on their horses and poked their fingers into the air and some Crusader king would be blinded a thousand kilometers away . And then blame foreigners and a Yossi Cohen , who took the place of an Ottoman officer that fell in Libya and created the godless Republic . ı hear it is a very common name , on par with John Smith and one is/was actually the head of lsraeli intelligence during Netanyahu times . If one studies the first steam engines were like in 1740s or whatever , ships in 1800s , Greeks are so proud of their little number of steamships which defeated the Ottomans throughout the 1820s . Yeah , it is no more than 400 ...

do not accuse people of things they didn't say . And if you can't stand people , just don't follow them . Out of sight , out of mind .

edit: various mispelt letters

Last edited:
^There were very few steampowered greek warships in the war of independence. Wiki (not sure if correctly, but probably so?) says that the first one was active in 1825, which is after the time it would be actually useful (1822). Most greek naval victories and siege-relief was done by ships with masts or small guerilla-warfare tactics.
When the greek navy actually got something near parity (still had a lot fewer ships) with the ottomans, you know what happened, in the first balkan war :mischief:

much in the same vein with the Dream Thread , not much point in challenging me unless you feel the Greek manhood has been insulted and when Egyptian fleet arrived , properly commanded because it belonged to an Ottoman vassal that was being brought up by Europeans to defeat the Ottomans which it would in the next decade but then they discovered evil hordes of Russians had wild dreams of having defeated the Turks and could also defeat the White Man ... Hmmm , what was ı saying ? Yeah , the Egyptians stopped even your steamships... Being puny and really vulnerable to gunfire , aimed by people aiming to hit and all that stuff , it came down to Navarin where the same set of aimers fired a lot and missed all the same because the target set was their benefactors and killing British or French or Russians meant trouble and less support in overthrowing the Ottomans , which they almost did . Once again , keep ready to remove stuff from Averoff because it is going to be given the right amount of hotshot .

much in the same vein with the Dream Thread , not much point in challenging me unless you feel the Greek manhood has been insulted and when Egyptian fleet arrived , properly commanded because it belonged to an Ottoman vassal that was being brought up by Europeans to defeat the Ottomans which it would in the next decade but then they discovered evil hordes of Russians had wild dreams of having defeated the Turks and could also defeat the White Man ... Hmmm , what was ı saying ? Yeah , the Egyptians stopped even your steamships... Being puny and really vulnerable to gunfire , aimed by people aiming to hit and all that stuff , it came down to Navarin where the same set of aimers fired a lot and missed all the same because the target set was their benefactors and killing British or French or Russians meant trouble and less support in overthrowing the Ottomans , which they almost did . Once again , keep ready to remove stuff from Averoff because it is going to be given the right amount of hotshot .

I think you (really) aren't into pointless antagonism, so I am not sure what your tone is in posting that... But you should know the "mighty" egyptian fleet was nearly wrecked by the aforementioned guerilla warfare greek tactics, in Alexandria (iirc). The french were there to pick up what was going on and help you (they hadn't yet switched sides) :p
Even when the egyptians landed, under Ibrahim, it was a stalemate for years, and then the great powers intervened.

Last edited:
and why did they do that ? Unless of course some amount of fresh troops would provide an extra butchery as the proverbial straw to break the camel's back ? There should have been some possibility of that to force the Allied Fleet to attack or what ?

There were a few rather explicit massacres, and the egyptians provided a final pretext when they started scorched earth tactics and then refused to stop when asked by Anglo-France.
Not that it should matter by now - the french are why you still have Constantinople/land in Europe following 1919-22, so no hard feelings would be justified.

Barabam Barabam kada boom! :crazyeye:

one day ı will either have proper picture editing or a whole department of media stuff .

d259063714db45d25afe78afa38f9c22.jpeg

If you have the original, then at least this is not that complicated. Copy the blue background over the "nuclear weapons", then copy together the word you need with letters from the words within the text.
(I can't find a good resolution pic of the original, else I'd give a try)

You need a p, and the letter does not seem to be there.

Turn a "d" around

Or, now that I notice, turn a b upside down. Yes, that should work.

would do better with Paint on the laptop but this is r16 learning the ways of the tablet . Maybe shouldn't complain that much , considering the old one had no function to write stuff on pictures at all ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom