1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Random Raves ΜΔ: Crate Expectations

Discussion in 'Picture Threads Archive' started by Takhisis, Oct 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yung.carl.jung

yung.carl.jung Hey Bird! I'm Morose & Lugubrious

I love how so many CFCers have interesting sideprojects. a place where creative spirits meet and part. the design of that website is ******* spectacular!

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  2. Synsensa

Synsensa Retired Moderator

I'm living alone right now and so I finally got the opportunity to cook again. I made myself a beef stew. I'd done the recipe before and it was okay, so this time I doubled the paprika, added an extra half-onion, added more flour, and swapped the carrots for broccoli stems and then added florets a couple hours before it was done in the crockpot.

Much better. :goodjob:

The_J and yung.carl.jung like this.
  3. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

You have recipes for edible broccoli? GIMME GIMME GIMME.

4. Synsensa

Pick up a piece of broccoli and eat it. Edible broccoli, delicious, and good for you!

Cauliflower and broccoli are my favourite vegetables. Always have been. But cauliflower is $7 a head now so I don't eat it anymore.

Edit: Oh, right, recipe. Here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/14685/slow-cooker-beef-stew-i/

I don't bother with the celery, bay leaf, or garlic.

5. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

Hmmm, I don't have a slow cooker, I'd have to adapt it to my regular awesome cauldron-like stew-pot.

Synsensa likes this.
  6. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

Your Dragonlance namesake is a Chaotic Evil dragon. Why do you need a stew pot?

7. Synsensa

Sanitizing his treasures after he eats the previous owners? :think:

8. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

Do Chaotic-aligned characters need reasons for their behaviour?

9. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

Any good DM would insist on it, to aid in creating a more coherent background in which to set the campaign. They're also useful for giving the DM ideas for possible side-quests.

One of the fundamental irritants in FRPGs (in my view) is the general lack of a motive for why any of the characters do what they do. KTAATTS may make for a satisfying way to vent your anger, but it adds little or no nuance to a game.

One of my older NaNoWriMo projects is a prose adaptation of The Quest for the Crown of Kings (a 4-book Fighting Fantasy adventure). The bare motivation for the character is to get rich. My motivation for the character is to not only get rich, but to acquire as many magical items and spell components as possible... to aid in a larger, more personal quest that isn't part of any of the gamebooks. So she's not getting rich for its own sake. There's a purpose behind it.

10. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

I've been on the tasteless diet again for a few days and there's already a huge upswing in my productivity.

11. Traitorfish

Traitorfish The Tighnahulish Kid

Surely they need it the most? Lawful characters can attribute their action to external motivations- to law, honour, tradition, whatever. Chaotic characters have to establish that all actions originate from internal motivation.

Ajidica, choxorn and Valka D'Ur like this.
  12. aimeeandbeatles

aimeeandbeatles uolǝɯɹǝʇɐʍ

Thank you. Most of the graphics work (like that big banner at the top) was done by the co-admin, but I handle most of the technical details.

I actually tried looking into making a website or two to squirrel away a few funds (social assistance rules allow me to make up to a certain amount without being cut back), but nobody really wants a website because of Facebook's ubiquity. And those who do just use something crappy like weebly.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    Birdjaguar and yung.carl.jung like this.
  13. Synsensa

What are the limits in Nova Scotia? Here in BC they were capped by the Liberals (actually the Conservatives in practice) at $200 up until last year. When the NDP took power along with the Greens, they bumped it up to $400.

14. aimeeandbeatles

I'm not sure. I know it recently increased, but I can't find the pamphlet I got in the mail about it. Their website just keeps saying "contact your caseworker to determine eligibility," which isn't very helpful.

15. Synsensa

I can imagine. My caseworker told me she was more disabled than I was and she could hold down a 9-5 just fine. :think:

16. aimeeandbeatles

Nice to see that she's more qualified than the doctors.

Valka D'Ur, hobbsyoyo and Synsensa like this.
  17. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

How would you be paid? Could you keep those funds private?

18. aimeeandbeatles

That would be tricky, yes.

19. Synsensa

If you make a website that's eligible for Amazon Associates, you can get your balance redeemed as Amazon gift card currency.

You could then order stuff for someone and they could send you an equivalent balance through PayPal. Or they can send you money through Western Union and you can get it in cash at a WU kiosk. The WU route would be ideal for getting a PO box separate from your mother.

I've been around this block a whole bunch... There are some creative ways to gain access to funds if you have someone willing to work with you on that.

20. aimeeandbeatles

I wonder if the post office does cheques? There's one in my pharmacy, which is just in my walking distance. (There's several post offices inside pharmacies. I'm not sure if it's a Nova Scotia thing.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.