Random Raves XLV: You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does Argentina have that we would want (other than you)?
Above-zero winter temperatures.
A complete lack of Synsensa's blood relatives.
Balconies that can be opened in the winter.
Free vaccines (I got mine last week).
It's close to Brazil.
No land border with the USA.

That's just for starters.

Above-zero winter temperatures.
We have those during chinooks (at least we do in central/southern Alberta).

A complete lack of Synsensa's blood relatives.
I was not aware that I have a problem with Synsensa's blood relatives.

Balconies that can be opened in the winter.
Since my balcony faces a cement wall and there's a paved driveway below it, I can't think of any reasons I'd want to use it in the winter anyway (or any other time since the pigeons claimed it last summer).

Free vaccines (I got mine last week).
They're free here now. It's some of my prescriptions that are not covered.

It's close to Brazil.
Some of the parts of Brazil I saw the last time it was a part of The Amazing Race are interesting. But it's honestly not on my list of preferred holiday destinations.

No land border with the USA.
Okay, that's a point in its favor.

That's just for starters.
I await the rest of your reasons. :p

Hm. You have penguins, right? That would be another point in its favor. We have them in zoos, but I'd love to see them in their natural habitat.

My 4 year old twin nieces have always been around Australian football because their mum (my sister) has played since they can remember, and they now regularly go to training, and run around onfield with the players for portions of training. It's a good family friendly club

I'm told last weekend they picked teams to support for the first time, by watching the AFL Women's games with their mum. One picked the Brisbane Lions because she liked "purple" (actually maroon) and the other picked the Greater Western Sydney Giants based on their orange.

The cutest part of all this is that the brand new Lions fan got indignant at her mum's footy training mid week, because she saw a boy in a Lions jumper. So my sister had to explain that boys can wear footy kits too. This is basically my favourite thing ever... they managed to grow up to age 4 thinking footy is for girls so much that they're surprised that it's for boys, too.

You're on, Valka!
We have those during chinooks (at least we do in central/southern Alberta).
No need for chinooks at all.
Valka D'Ur said:
I was not aware that I have a problem with Synsensa's blood relatives.
But he does, and he's the centre of the thread.
Valka D'Ur said:
Since my balcony faces a cement wall and there's a paved driveway below it, I can't think of any reasons I'd want to use it in the winter anyway (or any other time since the pigeons claimed it last summer).
Ah, then here's a new reason already. Good balconies.
Valka D'Ur said:
They're free here now. It's some of my prescriptions that are not covered.
That could be arranged.
Valka D'Ur said:
Some of the parts of Brazil I saw the last time it was a part of The Amazing Race are interesting. But it's honestly not on my list of preferred holiday destinations.
There's the waterfalls at Iguazú. It's like Niagara but with warm weather and far fewer 'Muricans.
Valka D'Ur said:
Okay, that's a point in its favor.
Thanks.
Valka D'Ur said:
I await the rest of your reasons. :p

Hm. You have penguins, right? That would be another point in its favor. We have them in zoos, but I'd love to see them in their natural habitat.
No monarchy, too.
School years match the calendar year. Decent cooking (yes, you can get chicken alfredo and chinese takeout). Plus, as you've said, Argentina has me.

You're on, Valka!

No need for chinooks at all.
Chinooks are very important.

Ah, then here's a new reason already. Good balconies.
It's actually the pigeons that are the problem, not the balcony itself.

That could be arranged.
How so?

There's the waterfalls at Iguazú. It's like Niagara but with warm weather and far fewer 'Muricans.
I've never seen Niagara Falls except in pictures and movies.

No monarchy, too.
That's not a point in its favor. I'm a monarchist who is comfortable with our current government setup, even though there are specific members of the Royal Family who are utter jerks and idiots and homewreckers. It's going to feel very odd when the Queen dies, because she's been there for over half a century and there are millions of Canadians who grew up never knowing anyone different in that role. As I recall, my dad felt a bit sad when the Queen Mother died some years ago.

School years match the calendar year. Decent cooking (yes, you can get chicken alfredo and chinese takeout). Plus, as you've said, Argentina has me.
Oh, so you're not volunteering to cook? :(

He's right, you know. Who did you think "Nothing" was in the title? That's me!
But according to the thread title, we ain't seen you, or at least not yet. So that's a bit confusing. When will we see you?

I've heard owl statuettes terrify pigeons.
Someone else in the building has a pigeon problem; I saw an owl statue on their balcony on the third floor. I'll have to look into that, and get one of the maintenance guys to put it up for me.

Ask the maintenance guy how poop free the third floor balcony is. ;)

I've heard owl statuettes terrify pigeons.

Briefly. Then they think "wow, a dead owl." And poop on it.

The effective bird deterrent is metallic fringe pennants. People think that car dealerships put them up to attract customers, but the actual purpose is to reduce bird poop on the cars.

The effective bird deterrent is metallic fringe pennants. People think that car dealerships put them up to attract customers, but the actual purpose is to reduce bird poop on the cars.
TIL

I don't know whether this was an epic burn or not. :scan:
You said there was good cooking and then implied I should order pizza or Chinese food.

It was meant in a friendly way. I was raised to believe that if you invite someone over, hospitality in the form of food/drink is part of it.

CDs. You grab CDs, string them together, and hang them above the area you want to keep birdpoop free.

Clear plastic bottles half filled with water also deter birds for awhile.
Water pistols are quite good and fun.

Or maybe Flock off.

http://www.flockoff.co.uk/

CDs. You grab CDs, string them together, and hang them above the area you want to keep birdpoop free.
We're talking about my balcony. The only thing I'm allowed to put up on it is Christmas lights. We're not even allowed to air-dry laundry on the balconies.

Put Christmas lights on the CDs :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom