Random Raves XXVII: And what in the blue blazes is a ROFLcopter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a job at a law firm, SOLD OUT OH YEAH

Hey you gotta contract for me to write brah? Let me do your doc review sir would you like fellatio with that?

Congratulations, ace!

Well. In my opinion:

An eye test isn't really like a driving test or some other test you take to qualify you for some job or other. Though I suppose it could be - since it's something to do with driving. (But why would you want to be able to drive when you couldn't see properly?)

It's really about finding out how good or bad your vision is, so that they can fit you up with any necessary corrective equipment. So, my optician keeps on putting different lenses into this contratraption on my head and asking me whether things look more or less blurry with them in. There'd really be no point in me lying about it.

I suppose the chart on the wall is just a rough initial assessment guide - no more than that.

Spoiler :
In the end though, you can look at all exams - even high school ones - in the same way. As just finding out what the state of your current knowledge is. As a matter of curiousity rather something one has to either pass or fail.

Oh, and it's always, as far as I know, the same chart. But I make no effort to memorize it. And I only have my eyes tested every 2 years - by which time I'd have forgotten anyway.

No, I mean, when I got mine done I was able to identify the letters from memory, even though if I hadnt of I might have been inable to recognize them normally. Thus this could have affected the results.

Yes. I understand you could do that. But was it a good idea to do so? Was it in your own best interests?

Still, if you don't drive and you did it because you don't want, or don't feel the need for, glasses why did you go for an eye-test?

Yes. I understand you could do that. But was it a good idea to do so? Was it in your own best interests?

Still, if you don't drive and you did it because you don't want, or don't feel the need for, glasses why did you go for an eye-test?

I do need glasses. Without them, I can only see 6 inches away. Beyond that, it's all just colors and shadows. Most of the time I can't even make out figures.

Why then it's in your interests to help the optician every way you can. It doesn't seem to make any difference to me, whether I know what something says, on how well I can see it. Actually, come to think of it, it probably does. In which case, I'd ask for a different chart, if I were you. If you think it would help.

Well its not intentional. I actually never really realized it until I started thinking about how they didnt bother changing the signs.

No, it's a graph to determine the minimum and maximum speeds one could drive under different conditions. The red sections is safe for a coefficient of friction of .1 and the yellow is for a coefficient of friction of .6

No it's not. I know the nasty things you do to rebar when you're alone with it in the torsion lab. Perv.

;)

Get off the internets and get back to studying! You're never going to get into Northwestern if all you do is watch the youtubes.

I want to eat a sandwich stuffed full of General Tso Chicken.

I don't know why I came up with such an abomination, but I'm going to go buy a sturdy loaf of bread and order Chinese. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

zuo zongtang is not amused

So I figured out my top 10 songs of all time. If you follow me on Facebook, I'll be writing about them this week into this weekend.

Spoiler :
HM. Don McLean - American Pie (1971)
HM. Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees (1995)
HM. The Avalanches - Summer Crane (2000)
10. LCD Soundsystem - Losing My Edge (2002)
9. The Doors - The End (1967)
8. The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations (1966)
7. Black Sabbath - War Pigs (1970)
6. Pink Floyd - Dogs (1977)
5. The Eagles - Hotel California (1977)
4. The Rolling Stones - Gimmie Shelter (1969)
3. Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven (1971)
2. The Beatles - A Day in the Life (1967)
Spoiler :
1. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (1975)

They're very safe. Also 60s and 70s-centric.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom