Random Thoughts 2: Arbitrary Speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have the Weird News thread and a few dozen Americanian politics/ervents/news/guns/movies threads already, Ryika.

Well, the weird news thread is more about "funny" news, I don't think my post would really fit into it; or at least I would feel bad for bringing that kind of left-vs-right political stuff into the more light-hearted discussion thread.

Grrrrr! I have a bunch of reaction GIFs that i badly want to use but the opportunity just never comes...:sad:

Grrrrr! I have a bunch of reaction GIFs that i badly want to use but the opportunity just never comes...:sad:
If you're that type of person then I'll also remind you that you've just lost the game.

Can't use them here, i got them to reply to a very specific poster over at 'poly.

And she posted the wrong reaction shot the first time around and had to sneak-edit it. Clever girl.

I must be an evil person because I find this story to be ridiculously funny :rotfl:
Moral of the story: Volcanoes are :gripe:dangerous.

A lava bomb hit a tour boat on Monday morning in Hawaii, injuring 23 people, the Hawaii County Fire Department said.

The lava punctured the boat's roof and it returned to Wailoa Harbor, the fire department said.
The roof of the boat after an explosion sent lava flying onto it Monday morning in Hawaii.

Hilo Medical Center confirmed 13 passengers were treated at the hospital, and another 10 passengers with superficial injuries were treated on arrival at Wailoa Harbor.

Of the 13 injured passengers, four were taken by ambulance to Hilo Medical Center, according to the Hawaii County Fire Department.

One woman in her 20s was in serious condition with a fractured femur, the fire department said. Three passengers were in stable condition.

The lava bomb, or flying chunk of molten rock, left a large hole in the boat's roof, the fire department said. A railing was also damaged.

It was unclear exactly where or when the incident occurred. But from where lava is hitting the ocean to the harbor is about an hour's boat ride, depending on waves.

Hawaii's Kilauea volcano erupted in early May, sending a smoldering flow of lava into residential areas on the Big Island. Kilauea was still erupting lava as of Sunday, according to the United States Geological Survey.

A witness who saw the boat return said there were rocks all over it, and some people leaving the boat had burns and gashes on their legs. One person was taken off on a stretcher.

The boat reportedly holds 49 people, but it was unknown how many people were on board.

The lava punctured the boat's roof and it returned to Wailoa Harbor, the fire department said.
This is a very imprecise sentence. Did the lava return to the harbor, did the boat's roof return to the harbor, or did the whole boat return to the harbor?

I find it interesting when people say watching a certain sport is interesting. But only with friends, they could never watch it alone. Really makes you ponder.

Why, it's no mystery that men would rather sit around talking about sports than their feelings. ;)

I find it interesting when people say watching a certain sport is interesting. But only with friends, they could never watch it alone. Really makes you ponder.

Friends make almost everything more interesting, so I don't see why it would be weird that company pushes something from almost entertaining to actually entertaining.

I read the first couple of stories of Genesis yesterday and I can't help but notice that there's a lot of people beyond Adam and family during his reign.

I also can't help but notice indirect references to Lord God being Lordliest Godliest among of a pantheon of deities.

Then you shouldn't have had to ponder it. ;)

It's like posting on internet forums, pretty boring if it's just you and nobody else.

I dunno I firmly believe you're all figments of my imagination yet I still find you all interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom