Random Thoughts VII: Do the Hokey Pokey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nor really, cause I am rather disillusioned with translating...
For starters, it pays very badly.
I could have told you that. :hug:

I want to go see a movie tomorrow, but nothing seems to really pop out at me. Charlie's Angels could be fun, and there's also Maleficent, but what I'd really like to see is a more light-hearted romantic comedy, or a Christmas movie or something. I've already seen Last Christmas, so maybe I could go to see that again, but eh I feel like seeing something new. I bought one of those 6-month refillable popcorn buckets last week, so a visit to the cinema would've been really cheap. Bummer.

I also really need a girls' night out, but none of my RL friends are available.

My mother just got mad at me for making an appointment with the dentist. Even though I told her earlier I was going to. :sad:

I want to go see a movie tomorrow, but nothing seems to really pop out at me. Charlie's Angels could be fun, and there's also Maleficent, but what I'd really like to see is a more light-hearted romantic comedy, or a Christmas movie or something. I've already seen Last Christmas, so maybe I could go to see that again, but eh I feel like seeing something new. I bought one of those 6-month refillable popcorn buckets last week, so a visit to the cinema would've been really cheap. Bummer.

I also really need a girls' night out, but none of my RL friends are available.
If it's Christmas movies you want, isn't there a TV network that runs nothing but Christmas movies? That's pretty much all that's been on the Women's Network here lately (no, I don't subscribe to it; they've been running a promo with free access for the last month or so).

My mother just got mad at me for making an appointment with the dentist. Even though I told her earlier I was going to. :sad:
Some day you should remind your mother that you might be the person picking out what care she gets in her senior years. I know that if my dad hadn't been as good to me as he was when he was in his right mind, I'd have left everything to the government after his dementia diagnosis, rather than fighting the government for custody (ie. the right to make his medical decisions and advocate for a laundry list of things his doctors and nurses never would have thought of to make his life more pleasant).

Some day you should remind your mother that you might be the person picking out what care she gets in her senior years.
I would like to make a strong recommendation against this.

I don't know how old Aimee's mother is, but there's a chance she'll be the one making decisions for Aimee's care instead of the other way around. Although hopefully not.

I don't know how old Aimee's mother is, but there's a chance she'll be the one making decisions for Aimee's care instead of the other way around. Although hopefully not.
This is why we've been encouraging Aimee to access as much help as possible so she can be independent of her mother.

I shudder to think what would have happened if my mother had ended up making the decisions for me.

I was in the bathroom. My cat sat outside the door and scratched at the door until I finally opened it. She just stood there and stared at me sitting on the toilet before leaving. :crazyeye:

Cats sensibly want you to let them know what you're up to. And no, it doesn't work both ways.

Well sometimes my cat aggressively stares at me while using the litterbox. :confused:

Exactly. You haven't earned the privilege of being allowed to stare during the act of défécation féline yet.

:ack: Those sunglasses are awful.

If it's Christmas movies you want, isn't there a TV network that runs nothing but Christmas movies? That's pretty much all that's been on the Women's Network here lately (no, I don't subscribe to it; they've been running a promo with free access for the last month or so)
Oh I've been watching Lifetime at home, but I wanted to go out to a nice new movie. But I didn't find anything I really wanted to see :( Oh well, at least there's Frozen next weekend :)

This situation is full of intertwined rants and raves...

I've been not working on my truck since Monday. I should have put it back together. I could have put it back together. The inconvenience of me not having my truck available falls mostly on other people though, so I've been not particularly motivated. Plus, the thing I've been really thinking it was necessary for, this morning, I worked around last night. That saved me from "you have procrastinated so long that now you have to get out there in the freakin' dark and put it together.

But, in that last desperate workaround, I told myself it was a good thing the new gaming rig didn't arrive Wednesday as originally expected. I also determined that I would get my truck together this afternoon and stop having to scramble...since the delivery would be today and we know a new gaming rig and finally getting to work on the truck are probably not compatible. And this afternoon I kinda goofed off.

Now, there's this big box full of high powered gaming goodness that needs to be unpacked, connected, and figured out and loaded with games. As I was goofing off this afternoon I promised myself I would fix the truck and use this as a reward incentive. But, it's dark and cold outside. Fixing the truck in the morning seems so much more sensible. However, it is neither dark nor cold inside, and since I can work on the truck in the morning I could set this beast up now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom