Random Thoughts XII - Floccinaucinihilipilification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to create an animation for a Napoleon figure.

View attachment 615809

Do you think the figure itself looks terribly bad? :D
I am not good with actual pixel work.
My first thought is that the french army uniform at the time was blue (I think), and that is what he tended to be drawn wearing.

My first thought is that the french army uniform at the time was blue (I think), and that is what he tended to be drawn wearing.

I was basically working with this figurine, which may just be awful itself. I will try some others :)

upload_2021-12-6_15-17-27.png

Just changing the green to blue will be easy, though.

Last edited:

Blue tunic, white shirt and trousers with grey greatcoat sometimes worn over it.
The picture looks decent as pixelated pictures go.

The problem is not the topic itself, but to where it can lead, and what impact it can have on the other people.
We had a social group here, when the forum was still vBulletin, and an entire subforum at IALS. People were supportive, nobody was nasty, and of course the overall message was "we support you, we will listen non-judgmentally to anything you need to say, but please consult the professionals, use a hot line, get help."

the hat is too big

The idea is to have Napoleon as one of the puppets, in the Puppet State project I had made a thread about.
Although the other puppets will be scarier, and not all human.
Napoleon will likely be player-controlled, or the first player-controlled puppet.

I am not aware of any significant different version. The Minotaur was a curse, brought by Poseidon because Minos refused to sacrifice a bull as he had promised. So he got to keep the bull and received one more :)

I like Varoufakis. It's not like he would really focus on the literary aspect, of course, and at least he (unlike Dante) didn't think the Minotaur had the body of a bull and the head of a man.

Varoufakis gave a summary of global politics in 2021 in a very recent podcast.
https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/latenightlive/yanis-varoufakis-on-2021/13663868

It also provided a nice segue into the next story about mazes.
https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/latenightlive/mazes/13657264

This one provided a clew (nyuk, nyuk) about how Theseus navigated the labyrinth.
First, Ariadne didn't give him a ball of string, but a golden thread.
Second: Why would you need a thread at all? A labyrinth doesn't have intersections!
Third: More on the golden thread: as in the one that used to run through British "justice" before Julian Assange. :)

A labyrinth doesn't have intersections!
They certainly do. That's why it's easy to get lost in them, if you haven't figured out a way to mark which way you've already gone. Something with no intersections means that you won't ever get lost, since you can just turn around and go back the way you came.

That's an excellent edit.

As always, my support for the giant chicken remains undiminished.

Has anybody here used KoFi?
It seems to be a new trend among indie game art creators, mostly because KoFi itself (apparently?) keeps 0% of donations.
I am sure there is a catch of course - they wouldn't survive otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom