Random Thoughts XII - Floccinaucinihilipilification

Status
Not open for further replies.
They certainly do. That's why it's easy to get lost in them, if you haven't figured out a way to mark which way you've already gone. Something with no intersections means that you won't ever get lost, since you can just turn around and go back the way you came.

In English, the term labyrinth is generally synonymous with maze. As a result of the long history of unicursal representation of the mythological Labyrinth, however, many contemporary scholars and enthusiasts observe a distinction between the two. In this specialized usage maze refers to a complex branching multicursal puzzle with choices of path and direction, while a unicursal labyrinth has only a single path to the center. A labyrinth in this sense has an unambiguous route to the center and back and presents no navigational challenge.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labyrinth

sorbowisdom.png

Deep thoughts from a man with an Augean brain.

But that's what Christmas is all about!

I realized today that I miss the sun.
For roughly 4 weeks I've been doing nearly exclusively home office, and only left my appartment for groceries on Saturday or for sports in the evening. Today I went for sports in the afternoon, and it was nice and sunny. Which is actually nothing special here, that's just normal, but I've also just not seen it for a while.
Damn pandemic.

When you thought Cyborg was unbeatable, then Nunes came.

Just when we thought Nunes is overpowered and will bulldoze anyone, then Julianna Peña come. But Nunes seems really in poor shape and performance though, she moves much slower than she usually was.

cc
@EgonSpengler

The Rome orator once said
Midst civil storms and fateful troubles,
"I got up late -- and on my routs --
Was by the night of Rome met!"
Sending farewell to fame of Rome,
From Capitol historic heights,
You'd seen the whole grand and bright
Of its star's set in the bloody foam.

He's blessed who visited this world
In moments of its destination
--
Like for the feast or celebration,
He was invited there by gods;
A witness of their deals enlivened, --
He got access to their class,
And, like a native of the Heaven,
Drank deathlessness from their cups.

Fedor Tyutchev, Cicero, 1830.

The bolded part is better translated as this:
"Blessed is he who has visited this world
In its fatal moments".

If you have any cool medieval (wood or stone) russian fort concept art/photo/reconstruction, I could use it.

Btw, these are technically not pixel, since they are 3D renders :)
My bad ;)

Here's one from the XVI century. A random Medieval one, and a real one. And one more fictional medieval. Do ask if you want anything more specific :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom