• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

RB1 - Cuban Isolationists

Gufnork said:
You're right, I forgot about Writing. I don't doubt one could win Monarch by doing it, but the gains from a fourth head would be marginal at best and you'd be worse off than if you didn't try it. Then again, it was a while since I played on Monarch.

Three is the max I would try this strategy for and the third I'd get mostly for denial purposes.

"Hydra" means having the holy sites in the same city. You only get to build ONE Wall Street national wonder, to add +100% output to the shrine income. You could still get five to seven religions on Monarch if you push for it, but NOT before expanding beyond your capital, meaning that after the early religions found in your capital, later ones found in other cities and do not add heads to your Hydra.

You also won't get the Hydra if playing a civ who starts without Mysticism. Not on Monarch, unless you get really really lucky!

Even having one religion that you spread across the whole planet can be lucrative, though. One religion spread to 50 cities is actually cheaper than two spread to 25 apiece, since you only have to use one Prophet up on building the single shrine. Since Cuba has closed borders, though, we could only spread religions to our own cities, via missionary, so it was more important to lure out the Hydra in this case.

- Sirian

Sirian said:
That son of a [female canine] Caesar, who declared on us in the early game... :mad:
I'm eager to see him repent for his sins against the holy motherland.

I'm eager. I'm very, very eager.

Sullla said:
I don't expect to get to this game until Sunday... :)

Sunday! :aargh: Sunday!

Caesar must be brought to justice!

I'm feeling it. ...

:satan: :rotfl: :satan:

Can you sense it? :mischief:

The urge is overtaking me. :crazyeye:

Can you smell it in the air? :cooool:

Somebody stop me! I CAN'T HELP MYSELF!!!

I'VE

GOT

TO

PLAY

1965AD: OVERTIME!

Finger poised on the trigger... So tempting just to squeeze... ever... so... gently...

BANG!!! :lol:

Rome wasn't built in a day, but that is all I shall need to wrest it from your grasp, old man.

:eek: :rotfl: :eek:

Today is a good day to die! :devil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You better run Ceasar!

I'm really enjoying this thread. I've finally read through the entire thing. It only took me 3 days! Great write-ups Sullla and Sirian. I've really learned a lot already. I'll be waiting for your over-time report Sirian :lol:

Did you bring any food?

Sirian said:
1965AD: OVERTIME!

Finger poised on the trigger... So tempting just to squeeze... ever... so... gently...

BANG!!! :lol:
Today is a good day to die! :devil:

Do it! C'mon, you know you want to. :groucho:
As a matter of fact, Sullla last posted something way back on page 27.
This thread has kept going. Don't live in the past.
Like so many ex-girlfriends have said, "You have to move on in life." :twitch:
Let's put the past (and page 27) behind us, and move onto a whole new page in life (and more temporarily important in this thread).
:sniper: Take Caesar out! :spear:
If Sullla were here with us today, I think he would have wanted it that way.
Besides, you can't be certain that Sullla will remember by Sunday what he said on page 27, can you? And maybe he will have forgotten how to copy and paste.
It could too happen, Mr. smartypants. :hmm:

If he happens to read this though, I will testify that you put me up to writing this post.
I ain't going down alone, oh no! :suicide:

Here ya go, Puzz.

*pulls a fistfull of coleslaw out of his pants*

Did you bring any food?

Yeah. We're about to have a ceasar salad for lunch. Sirian is making it now. I'm not expecting there to be any leftovers for Sulla either.

Must...stay...awake...until...update...

ToddMarshall said:
Yeah. We're about to have a ceasar salad for lunch.
Just don't get it mixed up with GenericKen's coleslaw. :eek:
Considering where he was keeping that, it just doesn't sound like it would be very tasty. :vomit:

On the early stage of the game you guys several times switched of state religion to increase culture output. By that time you didn't have free religion yet. I searched the game manual several time and I found no mention that in absence of state religion each religion in the city gives a certain bonus to culture and that when state religion is present this bonus is lost. Could please tell me where did this come frome, and what is the exact bonus. Thank you in advance.

1966AD: Discover Fusion, start Future Tech 1.

I'll leave these leaders for Sulla to manage. (Got to leave him something, right??) :lol:

Roman Navy stationed in the port of Ardea. Too bad we can't reach them this turn!

Something else for Sulla to deal with.

THE SACK OF ROME BEGINS

"Bombs away!" :lol:

Ooh, every dog has his day:

Too bad Caesar doesn't have any more dogs on hand! :lol:

One Stealth Bomber held in reserve.

"Victorious warriors win first, then go to war."

Caesar's Last Stand:

The city may be on a hill, but this time I brought extra tanks. :hammer:

Rome is ours.

"Vengeance is mine," sayeth the Hydra. :worship:

Oh, and while we're here... Remember that one bomber held in reserve?

Never, ever retreat from the war zone without accomplishing your mission! :cooool:

- Sirian

Sirian said:
I'm eager. I'm very, very eager.

Sunday! :aargh: Sunday!

Caesar must be brought to justice!

I'm feeling it. ...

:satan: :rotfl: :satan:

Can you sense it? :mischief:

The urge is overtaking me. :crazyeye:

Can you smell it in the air? :cooool:

Somebody stop me! I CAN'T HELP MYSELF!!!

I'VE

GOT

TO

PLAY

:rotfl: :band:

Oh man that's classic. I just hope Sullla hadn't started playing around a little bit ...

ChrTh said:
:rotfl: :band:

Oh man that's classic. I just hope Sullla hadn't started playing around a little bit ...

No worries on that score! ;) I hadn't actually sent the--

Er... :mischief:

What I meant to say was, "Yeah! You're right. I hope he hadn't started yet!" :hammer:

Yeah. That's the ticket. :lol:

(Rumors that I have been secretly planning my vengeance for CENTURIES are greatly exagerated!)
(Everybody knows I never hold a grudge. :satan: I'm a quiet, peaceful sort of guy!)
(The attachment must have gotten pirated on one of the hops between here and Baltimore!)

What? :mischief: Why are you looking at me that way? :lol:

- Sirian

Hi Sirian, I am a first time poster long time reader (on this post that is). I have a question concerning the custom_continents setting in custom game mode. How come all the "continents" are in rows and columns and never spontaneously placed. Whenever I play this type of map I always find the maps are full of continents tucked away in their own little hemisphere and never in the middle or in the equator or some random place like that. If you don't believe look at the map for your own game! Is there a reason for this or am I just insane? It would be nice to experience a custom_continents game without already knowing where all the continents will be placed. If you can help me with this problem I would greatly appreciate it. Have fun destroying Julies Caesar for his crimes against the Cubans. I look forward to reading it.

So I take one turn of overtime back in BC years in order to finish a wonder, and Sirian steals it back from me here in the Modern Age. Ha! What a glory hog! :lol: Did you see him? Did you see him trying to steal all the glory? :)

Sirian said:
No worries on that score! ;) I hadn't actually sent the--

Er... :mischief:

What I meant to say was, "Yeah! You're right. I hope he hadn't started yet!" :hammer:

You better just count yourself lucky that I was busy all day, buster. :D I'll play my NINE turns tomorrow. *cough* *cough* :lol:

The Condor said:
Hi Sirian, I am a first time poster long time reader (on this post that is). I have a question concerning the custom_continents setting in custom game mode. How come all the "continents" are in rows and columns and never spontaneously placed. Whenever I play this type of map I always find the maps are full of continents tucked away in their own little hemisphere and never in the middle or in the equator or some random place like that. If you don't believe look at the map for your own game! Is there a reason for this or am I just insane? It would be nice to experience a custom_continents game without already knowing where all the continents will be placed. If you can help me with this problem I would greatly appreciate it. Have fun destroying Julies Caesar for his crimes against the Cubans. I look forward to reading it.

In order to specify an exact number of continents in Custom Continents, each continent has to have its own zone, its own region, and these have to have enough water between them to ensure they don't merge (and produce less than the requested number of actual continents).

If you want more randomnity to relationships between continents, you have to play the normal Continents map script. But then, of course, you can't choose the number of continents. It's one or the other. You can't have both!

- Sirian

Sullla said:
You better just count yourself lucky that I was busy all day, buster. :D

Yes, OK. I am lucky. I admit it. :)

(Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good!) :lol:

- Sirian

Top Bottom