RB1 - Cuban Isolationists

Sound+Vision said:
Ooh, can I have it? :D I was actually kinda disappointed when my copy of the game came with an english one :(
Although this was 3 weeks after the game came out, so it was probably a good sign that I got an english tech tree :goodjob:

I'd be willing to arrange a trade. No one I know of has got their replacement english tree yet. I WANT TO READ MY TREE!

ToddMarshall said:
@ thedain - You could allways have Skyfish translate for you. He's in France

Lotta good that does, I guess I could go to france to get it translated!

Spatzimaus said:
It's BRILLIANT!

BRILLIANT! "Sometimes it's better to be one person pretending to be two people than to actually be two people."

That... doesn't quite roll off the tongue like Sirian's offical motto.

By the way, Hendu... You can still report your results as a Shadow Game. (Please read all about the tournaments at RB for more info on Shadow Games.) But please take the spoiler down. In future, if you have a rules question, pose it as a hypothetical, or email it to a tourney admin. Thanks. :)

- Sirian

Sirian's Law actually made the lead item in ESPN's Daily Quickie! :hatsoff:

EDIT: Note to future readers of this thread ... it's not there now (12/5), but tomorrow through eternity it should be at this link.

nevs69 said:
I don't think he was being serious

No, that wasn't sacrasm. I did not know that. I have several names on a list of players/posters that I follow. Never did I know that half of these are actually duplicate players with different names. Is Charis someone else too?

LandedGentry said:
No, that wasn't sacrasm. I did not know that. I have several names on a list of players/posters that I follow. Never did I know that half of these are actually duplicate players with different names. Is Charis someone else too?

At last count Charis had fifteen different logins, but unfortunately, he's not using any right now :sad:

EDIT: Reminds me of a great story. One of the Civ 3 RB SGs (I forget which one), every single player was actually Charis ... and none of us (even those in on the whole "multiple login" scheme) knew it. High comedy.

I'm Sirian!

No, I'm Sirian!

I'm Sirian, and so's my wife!

In my Descent days, I flew under lots of pseudonyms. The chief reason, initially, was pure laziness. I would vary my gameplay flavor by using different weapon autoselect lists and taunt macros. For instance, normal was Plasma on top, then Laser (Quad 6 baby, yeah), then Gauss. However, I had a pilot who'd haunt levels with a Phoenix cannon and had it on top, with taunt macros customized for teasing the dead about the history of their final moments. I had another pilot who would use NOTHING BUT lasers and had all the other guns disabled. (That one was a lot of fun. Lasers were typically looked down on as an inferior weapon by most.)

The thing is, when I flew these oddball pilots, the other players didn't know it was me (well, most of them didn't) and this proved entertaining in its own right. So I got in the habit of flying incognito quite a bit! That was very helpful in my ladder days, both as a player and a ladder admin. It's always good to have more intel on people than they realize. :D

I've never gone incognito with Civ, of course. (What's the point? At least in SP. People who know me would recognize me from my writing style. Just the fact that I go on and on and on about nothing useful would be a dead giveaway! :lol: That and my writer's obsession with correct punctuation! I'd break down if I tried to fake bad punction for too long. :twitch: I'd literally have a conniption! :crazyeye: Oh, and my heavy use of smilies, tons of cropped screenies, and general turn of phrase. :lol: The fifth or sixth time I write the same stupid phrase in the same thread, the mask would be off. Not to mention the raw verbiage. People's "Sirian RADAR" would be pinging in the first couple of posts!)

Anyway, all of my parts have arrived. Won't have the new rig up tonight, but it won't be too much longer. :)

- Sirian

Sirian said:
(...)Anyway, all of my parts have arrived. Won't have the new rig up tonight, but it won't be too much longer. :)

- Sirian
Good news, at last! Congrats on your new system. :goodjob:

Yes, indeed. So for Junior's benefit, should I go with the gray faceplate for his DVD drive or the black one? (I'm leaning toward black! It fits better with the dark color of the case.) :)

WTF is this fancy case, anyway? "For extreme gaming machines." Hmmph. Will it really keep this furnace of a heat producer cool enough? Or am I getting shamooed by sales pitches? One can only do much research in to the options before one's head threatens to explode from all the details and complexity! :crazyeye:

Since I've put you folks through all of this, I guess I owe it to you to get out my digital camera and take some shots of these beasties. ... Well, maybe I will. Tune in tomorrow, same Bat Time, same Bat Channel! :mischief:

- Sirian

What a minute - I tought I was Sirian.

Please keep things straight, thanks from kal-el

Sirian said:
Yes, indeed. So for Junior's benefit, should I go with the gray faceplate for his DVD drive or the black one? (I'm leaning toward black! It fits better with the dark color of the case.) :)

WTF is this fancy case, anyway? "For extreme gaming machines." Hmmph. Will it really keep this furnace of a heat producer cool enough? Or am I getting shamooed by sales pitches? One can only do much research in to the options before one's head threatens to explode from all the details and complexity! :crazyeye:

Since I've put you folks through all of this, I guess I owe it to you to get out my digital camera and take some shots of these beasties. ... Well, maybe I will. Tune in tomorrow, same Bat Time, same Bat Channel! :mischief:

- Sirian

One longs for the good ol' days of Apple, when you bought a PC with a built-in monitor and didn't have to worry about extras.

Oh wait :goodjob:

Not a lot of use for playing Civ 4, those, more's the pity.

ChrTh said:
One longs for the good ol' days of Apple, when you bought a PC with a built-in monitor and didn't have to worry about extras.

Yep. And if you want to upgrade? No need to fiddle around with any of those silly components. Just toss the whole thing out the window, and buy a new one!

Speaker said:
Well I am also Thunderfall, and you are all banned for spamming. :lol:

But not for the DLs? You're going soft in your old age.

ChrTh said:

Past = Computer with a built-in monitor
Present = Monitor with a built-in compuer.

weakciv said:
Past = Computer with a built-in monitor
Present = Monitor with a built-in compuer.

True. And as my wife pointed out: can you hook up a real computer to the monitor? :groucho:

I can't believe I read the whole thing....

Forty-five pages, and the tale is not yet done. You guys ever heard of Robert Jordan? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? sheesh.

I am disappointed at the change in the rules, though. Was there still time to go for a cultural victory?

Does it go without saying that 45 pages at one sitting indicates considerable enthusiasm for this epic? I suppose not. This stuff is GREAT! I appreciate very much the time and effort producing this.

Top Bottom