RB1 - Cuban Isolationists

RB-1 is the SG of all SG's, should really be stickied.

BTW Warlords as an expansion really made me give Civ4 up until BTS came out. BTS, imo, is the expansion warlords should have been in the first place.

Cheers!
-Liq

Heck, this thread doesn't need to be stickied. It's read all the time by beginners. This thread deserves a :trophy: or something though.

WOW! This thread was started on October 29, 2005 or something. Now it's March 1, 2009. AND IT'S STILL GOING STRONG.

This might have as much staying power as Final Fantasy VII. Actually, that's too much; maybe Halo 2 or Super Smash Bros. Melee?

Wow, I read this thread in one sitting (well, the story). These two men are gods among civvers- I have had Civ4 for months and played only one game, cause I like my Civ3. But now to conquer the world of 4...

I assume that Sirian and Sulla no longer follow this thread, as this game finished a good 3.75 years ago, but still:goodjob::thumbsup::bowdown::worship::clap: :hatsoff::rockon::band::rotfl::salute::trophy: :thanx::woohoo: im so glad that this thread is still around, as it really taught me alot about Civ4, even tho i have BtS. And after 3 months, another post keeps it alive. :bump:

Why end the thread, when it is such a good teaching game? I have been playing Civ4 since it came out on Macs, and win about half the time on Monarch, but I learned a ton of stuff that should improve my game. In particular, I didn't appreciate the value of switching civics frequently when playing a Spiritual leader. Maybe I will be able to move beyond Monarch.

Thanks to Sirian and Sulla for posting this.

I guess this isnt really another bump, since this thread never leaves the frontpage anymore (more due to the lack of new SG's than anything else :( )

But I still link people starting with Civ4 to this thread, it explains more than any tutorial.

I fondly remember this SG as the first I ever watched...

And so far, no offense to anyone, but the best I've ever watched.

I vote Yes on Sticky... and maybe put this SG in the Strategy section. It certainly has enough!

I don't even know if Sirian or Sullla still hang around this forum...

....but with Civ5 on the horizon we MUST ask them to do this again as an inaugural SG for Civ5 when it's out.

See? They're still on.

All in favor of asking Sirian and Sulla to play the first ever Civ 5 SG, say aye!

Aye!

See? They're still on.

All in favor of asking Sirian and Sulla to play the first ever Civ 5 SG, say aye!

Aye!

Thirded, another few days and we can call the motion carried by general acclimation.

Both have been active on the Realms Beyond Forum, especially once civ 5 was announced.

Here's to hoping Sirian and Sullla both get to QA/alpha/beta/wtf civ 5 :trophy:... well and a few other luminaries like rolo and obsolete.

Suffice to say we might no longer need RB-1 stickied seeing as the CIV4SG board is rather moribund as is. Civ5's arrival will only make rb-1 forever first page.

Edit: ug maybe not... prolly more than a few people coming back to Civ4.

Cheers!
-Liq

Joining in the pleas for Sulla/Sirian SG to start Civ 5.

Top Bottom