Real Building Upgrades

Real Building Upgrades 4.1.3

@Paulo Eduardo Leme Check the tech/civic trees. All building upgrades should be there. If there are none, then the mod did not load. If they are there, then it is ok.
RBU has nothing to do with city screen, the logic is the same as for all other buildings.

Thanks! 2.0 version seems to work. 3.0 now kicked me back to main menu... suspect Steam updates might be the culprit.

And yes, I did try RBU alone, without any other mod: CTD - lemme know if you want me to run that test and upload those log files as well.
Alone? Are you sure? Because the below errors are NOT from RBU (check database.log)

[2224113.624] [Gameplay] ERROR: Database::XMLSerializer (ImprovedAqueduct_Gameplay.xml): Duplicate column names detected in <Row>. Name: AdvisorType, Value: ADVISOR_GENERIC
[2224113.624] [Gameplay]: In XMLSerializer while updating table Buildings from file ImprovedAqueduct_Gameplay.xml.

[2224114.624] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: Requirements.RequirementId
[2224114.624] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: Requirements.RequirementId
[2224114.624] [Gameplay]: MIT_TechChanges.xml

[2224114.624] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into BaseGameText('Tag', 'Text') with values (LOC_BUILDING_DAR_E_MEHR_DESCRIPTION, +2 [ICON_Faith] Faith per era since constructed or last repaired., ).
[2224114.624] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table BaseGameText from file AtlasMoreInterestingReligion_Text.xml.

[2224114.624] [Gameplay] ERROR: near "S_CATHEDRAL": syntax error

Those files attached did have multiple mods running. What I meant to report at the end there was that I had another try with RBU only (from steam, thus v.3.0.1), and somehow, it did not work. The issue seems to be weird/unknown mod interactions, hard to even pinpoint - e.g.: author's 10 Jul first comment on BRS unaware interaction https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=931656288. I have now reinstalled the game, ran the reload order fix, and RBU (from steam) only, and all seems perfectly fine. However, after reinstalling some mods, modding.log:
[3064889.624] UpdateDatabase - Loading RealBuildingUpgrades.sql
[3064889.624] Warning: UpdateDatabase - Error Loading SQL.
Considering RBU works fine alone, this has got to be some weird mod interaction... Files@ https://www.dropbox.com/sh/akouxjjx6hoe6wp/AABBFZZc3tU5hMJ4qGjXbL4ba?dl=0

Last edited:
FYI indeed I've found cross references. Stave Church (lumber mill modifier) has one with Industrial Improvements mod. Anyways, problem solved.
If you are interested, a neat way to avoid that kind of issue in the future would be to insert "Infixo" as a prefix into your created modifiers and all... as no other mod author should ever do the same.

Last edited:
Infixo, is there a way to make the requirements work with resource tag types (e.g. CLASS_FOOD) instead of each particular resource type (e.g. RESOURCE_BANANAS)? That would be really handy as there are several mods that add new resources, plus, that would be a more realistic way to represent the food source, in my view. Here's my failed attempt: https://jpst.it/1l9si.

Last edited:
Infixo updated Real Building Upgrades (vanilla, R&F) with a new update entry:

Version 3.1 Balance tweaks

Version 3.1
- Changed: Costs of almost all upgrades decreased by approx. 25% (balance - mid/late upgrades were a bit too expensive in comparison to gains from them).
- Changed: Yields from specific resources increased by +1 (balance - it was a rare combination to get a specific bulding and a resource). Changed: Water Mill, Market, Bank, Temple, Stave Church.
- Changed: Palace Upgrade - removed Culture, added Gold and +1 Loyalty with R&F.
- Changed: Monument gives +2 CS when fighting Barbs...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Recommendation: add code that checks city for being a capital, (for reference check Wonder Apadana code -- it uses this check) for Palace upgrades. Since palace is only in the capital. Palace+ is offered in every other city and that's clutter.

Okay sorry I was looking at the code and thought it might be easy but I am a bit of a n00b so thanks for letting us know that it's not possible

Infixo updated Real Building Upgrades (vanilla, R&F) with a new update entry:

Version 3.2 Gathering Storm

Version 3.2
- Gathering Storm compatibility update. Please note that new buildings from Gathering Storm are not yet supported (will be added soon).
- Changed: Stadium and Airport upgrades give 5% tourism boost (was 10%).
- Fixed: Lighthouse and Seaport correctly handle Fisheries.

Gathering Storm changes.
- Removed Power Plant Upgrade as there is no more Power Plant.
- Defense buildings give twice more hit points.
- Factory Upgrade requires 1 Power, Tier3 Upgrades require 2 Power if their...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Temporary fix for Tsikhe Upgrade which is missing a proper Trait, so it is available for anybody. In the file RealBuildingUpgradesRF.sql, in line 102 change BUILDING_STAR_FORT to BUILDING_TSIKHE. This will add a proper Trait to the upgrade and it will be only available to Georgia.

Hi! The Tsikhe Upgrade is available to all nations, and I think that need to be only for Georgia. Just a Report ;) Nice mod!

Yes, it’s been already reported on Steam :)
Temp fix for Tsikhe Upgrade. In the file RealBuildingUpgradesRF.sql, in line 102 change BUILDING_STAR_FORT to BUILDING_TSIKHE. This will add a proper Trait to the upgrade and it will be only available to Georgia.

Top Bottom