Really furious!

I agree with Iustus about Tyre, there is less bonus from gifting 1000 than previously, gifting to each (military cs) once we got to 1000 g looks the way to go :).

about barb camp: if we do not settle the peninsula and don't spam the area of the AIs we just kill we are likely to have a tone of them. This means we will have puppets.

about roads: I agree they aren't a priority now, but they would bring a profit right away. And further more, if you wait to be close to 0 gpt to start roading, you prepare yourself a micro nightmare. (sometimes it's hard to prevent the comp to delete your precious roading workers :lol:)

I agree with most of the rest (expanding, keep money for upgrades...) of your post.

diplo front: did we ask cooperation pacts to all AIs? I have read that once those are in place, you are nearly free form AI dows which is good. I bet we won't be able to have them all, but having some would prevent a pangean dogpile once we get into action ;). Thus, I think it's best to avoid pact of secrecy for now.

@Rusten: Everything is OK?

Cheers,
Ras

edit: xpost with Peter, good point, having a look right now...

we have enough for 2 doctrines... Military Tradition (+50 % xp gained from combat, and a free GG for the prerequisite doctrine) does sound appealing :evil:

edit: we have just signed another deal with Elisabeth a turn ago while having two pact of secrecy against her... This imo presents us as liars to the two AIs we have pact with. We should refrain from trading with the english while those pacts are active. Thoughts about our diplo situation?

No pb about the pact ;) just noted it so we don't spam them :)

Wow, that's quite a discussion. :) Will read it and think about it.

There were some unexpected events yesterday, and I'm exhausted. :goodjob: Hope it's OK if I report next thing in the morning (it means in 10-12 hours)?

^^That's no problem... It's better to rest and play/enjoy a nice round than do things in a hurry ;)

I think we should save social policies for the patronage branch (and we should pick a tech route to get us there sooner). That said, more exp might be ok to take, although I would probably just save till patronage.

-Iustus

OK, I’m up and ready for a little Kaiser experience. Let’s roll!

Turn 0.
Settler is waiting, so I have to decide on our social policies next. We are going for domination, we are furious, really furious – so Honor is our way to go. Patronage is great, but we’ll get into Medieval Era in 30-40 turns, no less. So let it be Honor all the way! It has two must-have policies for our case – Military Tradition (double exp) and Professional Army (50% less cost for upgrades). We just have to upgrade units, and a lot of battles are ahead, so without any delay – I adopt Discipline (bonus for flanking) and Warrior Code (free GG).

We are close to our own GG, so our poor neighbors are about to be wiped out when Iron will be found, with two GGs and a lot of swordsmen, hopefully.

I moved the settler 1E to get a better position – and welcome to Munich. Spent 50 gold and grabbed incense just in case Grand River expands too fast. I started Monument, cause Library is quite useless until a city has 8-10 citizens. Oh, and our military limit is no longer a problem, so I’m going for some brutes.

Also I set production focus in Berlin to get Library faster and food focus in Munich and Hamburg just to speed thing up in future.

I spent 250 gold on Budapest and 500 on Tyre. We are now Allies! Hope for advanced units and good incense trade. Budapest also wants France (me too, actually), Tyre demands barbs eliminated (going to).

Didn’t love sweet company of two brutes and scout near Florence, so wounded Brute was sent home for future upgrade.

Sold Askia our second marble for 300 gold.

Turn 1 (69, 1240 BC).
Open borders with China ended, what a pity! Renewed them. Hamburg and its sweet tooth citizens want sugar. Good luck with that.

Two brutes wiped out Barb archer and Barb encampment near Munich - +25 gold, but no Brutes.

Tyre no longer need any help, that’s strange. Brutes still scouting, nothing of interest.

Turn 2 (70, 1200 BC).
Hamburg has grown, hooray!

Our workers are sneezing – apparently, they have developed an allergy for incense. But I’m a cruel Kaiser, so one poor fellow is sent to build another Plantation, this time near Munich right after he finished Hamburg’s farm.

Oh, just noticed – Budapest provides us gold, Tyre – silver. They are so great!

Two brutes near Munich along with our General are sent to Munich and Berlin. They’ll be our main force when Iron is finished.

I guess I’m about to find another two countries…

Turn 3 (71, 1160 BC).
I was right, we found Orleans. We got major influence boost - Budapest citizens are happy to learn about fashion trends for this season.

We also found Helsinki. Its maritime and soon be useless – it’s under attack from Japan. Well, Oda likes it rough, apparently.

And another discovery – England. Hm, Lizzy loves archers.

Turn 4 (72, 1120 BC).
Ho-ho! Our lovely neighbours Wu and Hiawatha are not happy with each other – the war is declared! Florence also wants Budapest eliminated for some reason (I guess, it’s just envy – Budapest citizens are so fashionable now).

I checked China and Iroquois out – they were happy to see me. The war between them is a perfect opportunity for us to grab Grand River, but I really don’t want to attack without Swordsmen. Still, we are lucky – they will cut each other’s armies big time.

Another worker finished his farm – I bought incense tile near Hamburg and sent him there.

Turn 5 (73, 1080 BC).
OK, a lot of things happened between turns. Askia finished the Great Lighthouse, and Hanging Gardens were built somewhere. Budapest gifted us a warrior. Munich has 2 citizens now, and Helsinki seeks some help battling with Japan (and not getting any).

Askia is too cool to be alive, I guess – he stole our Pyramids! I know he’ll be conquered eventually.

Found Barb encampment with Tyre worker – returned it. It was too far from us anyway, and Tyre is much more happy now.

Scouting revealed Japan and Almaty (military CS)! It’s our next best friend, I’m sure. For now I’m saving gold for upgrades, but three militaristic allies will be great.

Iron working will be ready next turn…

Turn 6 (74, 1040 BC).
IW is ready! And we are Classy now. And we have Iron. Actually, get ready for crying out loud – it’s “The King loves Munich Day!”. Check it out – three iron mines!

Actually, our land are quite reach with iron – Hiawatha has one tiny mine.

Worker near Munich stopped his plantation and went for iron in plains.

Picked up Archery to be reached next.

Turn 7 (75, 1000 BC).
We are the sixth most busiest people in the world. And we have all the AIs discovered.

And we are great, actually! Askia is our main competitor because of his WWs, and Lizzy sucks.

Berlin finished his library and starts build a Worker. I sent some brutes to sneak-peek on Wu and Hiawatha.

Turn 8 (76, 975 BC).
Oracle was built somewhere, and Ramesses entered Medieval Era. Hm, guess who built it. Incense deal with Iroquois ended – sign another one with Askia.

Wu is in trouble, not good.

Turn 9 (77, 950 BC).
Archery is ready, not decided on what to research next. Scouting was not that interesting. Should stop, probably, it’s taking more time than I expected.

And the save goes here.

Tell me if it's working though, not sure.

Attachments

• furious 950 BC.Civ5Save
    849.4 KB · Views: 71
Are you using the new version of the convert script? Check to make sure you have the latest one.

-Iustus

I've got it form the sticky thread in SG forum. Where can I find a new one? :blush:

For some reason, it's still not working - I've tried another save-game, but it crushes as well. I just don't get - the second converted save-game is OK.

Here is unconverted save, maybe someone can try to convert it. Another version of the same save-game is above. So sorry for this inconvenience. :sad:

Attachments

• I'm furious with Firaxis 950 BC.Civ5Save
    849.4 KB · Views: 74
Your save isn't working here too Estarioll :( Did you use the version Gyaathar linked a few pages back?

Looks like a solid round from the report though I have a minor bemol to add before opening the save (host's duty is to :whipped: :lol:):

Settler is waiting, so I have to decide on our social policies next. We are going for domination, we are furious, really furious – so Honor is our way to go. Patronage is great, but we’ll get into Medieval Era in 30-40 turns, no less. So let it be Honor all the way! It has two must-have policies for our case – Military Tradition (double exp) and Professional Army (50% less cost for upgrades). We just have to upgrade units, and a lot of battles are ahead, so without any delay – I adopt Discipline (bonus for flanking) and Warrior Code (free GG).

While this might prove a good path, it seems this was never proposed during the discussion ( we were talking of either military traditin or saving for patronage) ... :mischief: (no big deal, I just LOVE military tradition for the fun units it bring :lol:)

Do you want some more turns once we can open the save (seriously what were they thinking about???) and comment a bit?

Cheers

Actually I think it's a good thing if Iroquiois take out China. We're certain to whack them pretty soon, and if they've eliminated/crippled China then that can secure our north flank.

Since there's no penalty for "we want to join our homeland", it seems OK to leave civs with a city or two if they don't have a resource we want. Once we start warring we'll burn through the happiness pretty quick.

Either before or after archery I'd definately get the horseman tech--those units really are OP.

I've got it form the sticky thread in SG forum. Where can I find a new one? :blush:

For some reason, it's still not working - I've tried another save-game, but it crushes as well. I just don't get - the second converted save-game is OK.

Here is unconverted save, maybe someone can try to convert it. Another version of the same save-game is above. So sorry for this inconvenience. :sad:

This probably will not work, but enclosed is my conversion of this file

What I think may work is if you (or I) opens the old save, saves a fresh one, then converts that. I will try that shortly.

-Iustus

Attachments

• Furious_950 BC_converted.Civ5Save
    841.6 KB · Views: 68
Actually I think it's a good thing if Iroquiois take out China. We're certain to whack them pretty soon, and if they've eliminated/crippled China then that can secure our north flank.

Since there's no penalty for "we want to join our homeland", it seems OK to leave civs with a city or two if they don't have a resource we want. Once we start warring we'll burn through the happiness pretty quick.

Either before or after archery I'd definately get the horseman tech--those units really are OP.

We cannot build units, so the only horseman units we will get will be gifts from City States, but you are correct, we will not get those until we research horseback riding. (Barbarian camps will never spawn them)

-Iustus

Top Bottom