Rejoice with us, Lemon Merchant is alive and well.

This week began with the worst news, and ended with the best.

I think I can honestly say that I have never been happier to learn that I got deceived.

Welcome back, Lemon.

I'm glad it wasn't true.
I checked an Irish obituaries site and didn't find an obituary but didn't make the connection that it might not be legit.

"The saying reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" - Mark Twain

It was a kind of “perfect storm” of events. Back in November nefarious evil doers wormed their way into her computer and captured her internet world without her knowledge (can you say “keylogger”?). They had contacts, passwords, her civ data, etc. Everything they would need to strike her hard. At the same time she made a trip out of town. So using her hacked contacts they told her world, including CFC, that she was dead in a very convincing way. Truth telling was not their goal and so they took what they did know and bent it with lies to make a compelling story. All the while she was out of touch with what was going on.
This may be my gut reaction to be a tad suspicious because I often see hacked accounts on Discord passing off "free stuff (boosts, nitro benifits, etc)" or asking if they can run a program (Which in itself is a sort of cookie/key stealer) which in itself compromises a Discord account (Especially vulnerable are the ones that don't have 2FA activated). Thus they end up hijacking the account Common enough on public servers where the moderators and administrators on those channels are very good at calling out scammers that will accounts and make a broadcast to everyone (@everyone) and warn people about said scammer. Though my experiences is largely in the realm of a chatting platform, but as it has happened to Lemon, it can happen to anyone.

I can only echo on saying be wary of social engineering tactics that scammers may pull as a way to hijack your account.

Huzzah!

Just so that you know that this is the real Takhisis, I would like to propose that you celebrate by removing all infractions I've ever had.

I'm so happy with this. Er. Not happy, but at least relieved. You got doxxed, and that just makes everything difficult.
The scam really hit me. It seems so senseless to do what they did, and painfully so.

Sorry to hear about the bad guys but GLAD it was a lie! :clap::dance::band:

What a horrible scam. Glad to hear you are okay.

Hi everybody.

The bad guys wanted a bitcoin from me or they would make my life a "living hell". They have succeeded in a most convincing way. It has been reported for all the good it will do.

I would just like to say thank you to all the people who had nice things to say. It really meant a lot to me (and I managed a tear or two). It just shows what a great little community that we have here. When I read the thread I was at first very alarmed and upset (and locked out), and I am sure that most of you, like me, were at least a little upset, judging by the comments. I am not going to belabour the point, though. I want to put this behind me and move on. I am taking steps to secure my online life more stringently.

Also, thank you to staff for their handling of the situation. It must have been difficult. I know I would have had trouble with it.

I am taking a small hiatus while I sort some things out, so you may not see me for a bit. Just know that I am healthy and well, and I plan to come back prior to Christmas to help spread Christmas cheer.

Again, I thank all of your your concern, and I am sorry that we all had to go through this. :)

Yay.

IMG-8844dfb878845a37a2cb655e67b5c5b8-V.jpg

Have a cat.

I smell conspiracy. Lemon Merchant was actually resurrected, right?

It has all the markings of the Deep State.

That's a huge relief! It also seems like the criminal invested considerable effort into the scam. Glad it didn't pay off.

I smell conspiracy. Lemon Merchant was actually resurrected, right?
Technically we do not really know that. For all we know she and all moderators are programmes meant to control us and she's just been returned to source, had her code updated and was rebooted.

Top Bottom