[R&F] Rise and Fall Screenshot discussion

Umm.. why doesn't just someone zoom on the St.Basil's and say to the computer: "There it is.. ENHANCE." ?

:D

What are the chances that St. Basil's Cathedral means we might be getting Ivan the Terrible as an alt leader for Russia?

Hope not. Ivan III is a way better candidate than Ivan IV.

Also to add alt leader for Russia, it needs some better ability for Peter first (with nerfing the rest of the civ somehow). Otherwise, if new leader will have strong ability, everyone will use it. If it will be equally weak with Peter, nobody will notice the difference.

Amazing work, you PI's. Never ceases to amaze me. I wonder why some of you are not working for the Interpol, FBI, CIA, HaMossad leModiʿin uleTafkidim Meyuḥadim, etc. CdM would be proud, indeed.
Indeed. Such supreme level of fanaticism on this forum keeps me amazed.

What are the chances that St. Basil's Cathedral means we might be getting Ivan the Terrible as an alt leader for Russia?

I think that would be an odd choice, unless they really want to have a leader to assign the 'paranoid' secondary agenda permanently to.

Alexander Nevsky seems like he might be a thematically appropriate alt leader for the expansion from the diplomatic angle. Alexander II would also be interesting imho, but then they should've gone the Cleopatra route and included Spac na krovi instead of St. Basil ;)

Honestly I assume if Russia gets an alt leader it will be Catherine again.

Amazing work, you PI's. Never ceases to amaze me. I wonder why some of you are not working for the Interpol, FBI, CIA, HaMossad leModiʿin uleTafkidim Meyuḥadim, etc. CdM would be proud, indeed.

I expect that the next recorded live stream will be manipulated by Firaxis to include one frame with blurry (leader) images. Just to keep us busy :D

I haven't seen anyone point out this potential clue yet.

So in the livestream we saw the art for the historic moment achieved when you become the first to meet all the civilisations of the world:

The leaders here are all quite recognisable. From left to right: Phillip, Gandhi, Catherine, Theodore, and Cleopatra.

But who's this?

A fez-wearing leader? Ottoman Turks? Who are the candidates?

So in the livestream we saw the art for the historic moment achieved when you become the first to meet all the civilisations of the world:

The leaders here are all quite recognisable. From left to right: Phillip, Gandhi, Catherine, Theodore, and Cleopatra.

But who's this?

I don't know why, but he looks like a leader with a wig to me. George Washington immediately popped in my mind. But on the other hand, Teddy Roosevelt is on the screen.

But who's this?

Since that leader has less detail than the others, I think it's not meant to be anyone specific. Unless it's Ataturk. :p But I'm not expecting Turkey instead of the Ottomans.

Since that leader has less detail than the others, I think it's not meant to be anyone specific. Unless it's Ataturk. :p But I'm not expecting Turkey instead of the Ottomans.

I really doubt they'll ever include Ataturk due to the g-word.

The more important question I think is who is the woman standing next to Teddy? There's Phillip, Gandhi, Catherine, Teddy and ???

I assumed it was Jadwiga ,but on second look I guess I can see a poorly drawn Cleo...with Jadwiga's face. :p

Analysis of the picture:
Teddy Roosevelt out loud: "Thanks for keeping the peace on the continent."
Gandhi: "You as well friend." (What he really means is) "I'll show you what peace really means later on."
The rest keep their thoughts to themselves:
Catherine: "I know what Gandhi really means."
Phillip: "I'm surrounded by heretics."
Cleopatra: "Gandhi is definitely worthy of my time."

But who's this?

This strikes me as a random silhouette, no one important.

Analysis of the picture:
Teddy Roosevelt out loud: "Thanks for keeping the peace on the continent."
Gandhi: "You as well friend." (What he really means is) "I'll show you what peace really means later on."
The rest keep their thoughts to themselves:
Catherine: "I know what Gandhi really means."
Phillip: "I'm surrounded by heretics."
Cleopatra: "Gandhi is definitely worthy of my time."
And now let's move to a little bit different place...

Qin Shi Huang: "Who has built the Eiffel Tower before me? I wasted Gustave Eiffel on that!"
Pedro II: "Wait, you are the one who stole Gustave Eiffel before me? I could've finished that Eiffel Tower so many turns ago and build something else now!"
Qin Shi Huang: "Wait, you are the one who built the Eiffel Tower before me?"
Pedro II: "The world needs to be aware of your transgressions."
Qin Shi Huang: "Your reputation is forever tarnished."
Amanitore: "You are the worst kind of flood-"
Qin Shi Huang & Pedro II: "Who?"
Amanitore: "You both. You have so little amount of districts..."

Last edited:
Jayavarman VII: Our delegation brings a-ping, a fried dish. Best to eat the legs before you consume the rest of the tarantula.

Everyone else: Yuck!

Teddy: It’s good to see you. My diplomatic delegation should be arriving soon with some fresh-baked apple pies. I’m sure you’ll give them a warm welcome.

Jayavarman VII: Yuck! A-ping is much more delicious than your vomit-inducing apple pies, Teddy!

Tomyris: You are a wretched liar and cannot be trusted, Jayavarman VII! Nobody likes your a-ping except for yourself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom