[R&F] Rise and Fall Screenshot discussion

The only thing i can think of if you are trying to get something within a really short interval? Do a short screen recording of it, crop the video down to just the few seconds where the tooltip comes up, then slow the video down as much as possible and try to find the frames with the tooltip within that.

If anybody can decipher or look further on this matter via photoshop or whatever, we would find tooltips for St. Basil's Cathedral. You can try it yourself. 1:04:33 YT
Sadly, it's only up for two frames and text on other tooltips starts appearing on the third frame. So this is all you see:

Aha! I managed to catch a better frame (from the Twitch video):

Now to decipher it. I see a Relic slot in there, "Must be built next to a City Center" (I think), something with the word "Religious"...

ST BASIL'S CATHEDRAL
Wonder

??? 920 Prodcution

??? Religious ??? from from this city ??? provide
production and +4 ??? all T??? ??? ??? this city. Must be built
adjacent to the city center.

? Relic slot

Requires:
- Must be built next to city center

(I'm still deciphering it)

Last edited:
I've been able to decipher the production cost on their speed: 920 production.

Aha! I managed to catch a better frame (from the Twitch video):

Now to decipher it. I see a Relic slot in there, "Must be built next to a City Center" (I think), something with the word "Religious"...
That's great! Interesting that the lettering shows up in the Twitch video and not the one on Youtube.

ST BASIL'S CATHEDRAL
Wonder

??? 920 Prodcution

adjacent to the city center

? Relic slot

Requires:
- Must be built next to city center.

I think it says "Can build Religious Units from this city with production and +4 combat strength on all tiles worked by this city. Must be built next to the city center."

Y'all know you can just use the [<,] and [>.] keys on a paused Youtube video to go frame-by-frame, right?

You don't need to rely on "luck" to get the pause just right.

ST BASIL'S CATHEDRAL
Wonder

??? 920 Prodcution

? Relic slot

Requires:

I think it says "Can build Religious Units from this city with production and +4 combat strength on all tiles worked by this city. Must be built next to the city center."
Nice work.

Additionally I want to indicate that apparently there are some rules for some words that start with capital letters in the tooltips. So the word starting with T in the part with
"+ ??? all T???" cannot be tiles, but could be Tundra (I see at least the "Tun" part). Also Combat Strength should both start with capital letters. I cannot see that part clearly, so want to ask if you think whether that is the case.

ST BASIL'S CATHEDRAL
Wonder

??? 920 Prodcution

? Relic slot

Requires:

The T is Tundra.
Edit: Ninja'd

Nice work.

Additionally I want to indicate that apparently there are some rules for some words that start with capital letters in the tooltips. So the word starting with T in the part with
"+ ??? all T???" cannot be tiles, but could be Tundra (I see at least the "Tun" part). Also Combat Strength should both start with capital letters. I cannot see that part clearly, so want to ask if you think whether that is the case.
I see it! "+4 Faith on all Tundra tiles for this city."

ST BASIL'S CATHEDRAL
Wonder

Base cost: 920 Prodcution

??? ??? Religious units from from this city ???
production and +4 faith on all Tundra tiles for this city. Must be built

Relic slot

Requires:

Perhaps it's "something to do with Religious things from this city" as well as "x production and +4 faith from tundra tiles in this city"?

Top Bottom