[R&F] Rise and Fall Screenshot discussion

And now let's move to a little bit different place...

Qin Shi Huang: "Who has built the Eiffel Tower before me? I wasted Gustave Eiffel on that!"
Pedro II: "Wait, you are the one who stole Gustave Eiffel before me? I could've finished that Eiffel Tower so many turns ago and build something else now!"
Qin Shi Huang: "Wait, you are the one who built the Eiffel Tower before me?"
Pedro II: "The world needs to be aware of your transgressions."
Qin Shi Huang: "Your reputation is forever tarnished."
Amanitore: "You are the worst kind of flood-"
Qin Shi Huang & Pedro II: "Who?"
Amanitore: "You both. You have so little amount districts..."
Might as well add on.

Cyrus: "It is time I show you how your people might fair under a competent ruler."
Tomyris: "You are a wretched liar and cannot be trusted."
Frederick: "To invite that city-state is to invite death."
Pericles: "I suggest you don't interfere."
Alexander walks in: "Hi guys remember me? You know king of the Greeks, surely you know who I am?"
All eyes are on him now.
Gorgo: "No, I am Gorgo queen of Sparta. Leader of the Greeks. Prepare yourself and face Sparta and Ares."
Alexander: "Peace wasn't interesting anyway. Maybe next I can go after the others."

Might as well add on.

Cyrus: "It is time I show you how your people might fair under a competent ruler."
Tomyris: "You are a wretched liar and cannot be trusted."
Frederick: "To invite that city-state is to invite death."
Pericles: "I suggest you don't interfere."
Alexander walks in: "Hi guys remember me? You know king of the Greeks, surely you know who I am?"
All eyes are on him now.
Gorgo: "No, I am Gorgo queen of Sparta. Leader of the Greeks. Prepare yourself and face Sparta and Ares."
Alexander: "Peace wasn't interesting anyway. Maybe next I can go after the others."
Off-topic much?

Let me list out all the word that comes after Religious in the base game's tooltip. All Capital follows in-game text

worship (Holy Site district)
activity (Lavra district)
units (Reformed Church civic)
victory (Religious victory tooltip)
Strength (Reformed Church civic, Theocracy government type)
Tourism (The Enlightenment civic)
Convert (Mvemba's Leader Ability)

it should then be either Strength, Tourism, Convert or an entirely new mechanics in Rise&Fall, I think.

Religious Pressure, maybe?

Lol, I was just doing the exact same thing. Yours is prettier. I was trying to increase the contrast as much as possible. Those two-three missing words are just too badly compressed. The word after religious starts with an R though (maybe an F).

It looks like 'Rujner' zooming right in, which makes no sense.

View attachment 483278

Maybe Religious "Buildings"? B and R are similar shaped... this would mean providing more production as more developed is your Holy Site in the city. May need to be built next to one (last line).

There has to be a symbol after the +4, therefore the space may not be as big as we see and Faith fits. Also, the simbol seems to "meld" with the mountain in the background... Maybe we see it more snow-capped that it is really because it is the white faith symbol.

Maybe Religious "Buildings"? B and R are similar shaped... this would mean providing more production as more developed is your Holy Site in the city. May need to be built next to one (last line).

There has to be a symbol after the +4, therefore the space may not be as big as we see and Faith fits. Also, the simbol seems to "meld" with the mountain in the background... Maybe we see it more snow-capped that it is really because it is the white faith symbol.
I think you are right about the Religious Buildings producing production!

I'm guessing Buildings is too long, but don't really feel like opening up Photoshop again. It is most likely Tourism. I tried Pressure and it was too long.

mongolia.png

Huzzah!

That is a good screenshot for the markings of those maybe Georgians. Just find it weird that they would feature a coming civ as losers in their trailer

That is a good screenshot for the markings of those maybe Georgians. Just find it weird that they would feature a coming civ as losers in their trailer

Maybe they are just teasing us with the Georgians, and Georgia is not a Civ in Rise and Fall? :p

Even though there is some circumstantial evidence for Georgia, I'm not entirely convinced that it isn't just a coincidence.

To be fair, everyone but Gitarja and Hojo lost to Mongolia, and Indonesia had a giant ocean in between them and Hojo was saved by a hurricane, so... :p

Even though there is some circumstantial evidence for Georgia, I'm not entirely convinced that it isn't just a coincidence.
I will cling on to hope until hope fails me. :(

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see them. The visual hints in the trailer seem like more than coincidence to me. But I'm not changing my list of guesses to include then, either.

It wouldn't surprise me either, but I just don't feel like the evidence is as solid as for Korea or the Netherlands.

Unless they are convincing us that the idea of including them should be dead like that soldier.

To be fair, everyone but Gitarja and Hojo lost to Mongolia, and Indonesia had a giant ocean in between them and Hojo was saved by a hurricane, so... :p

Right? Losing to the Mongols isn't something I'd hold against anybody. It was par for course back in the day.

In any case, the trailer continues to be reliable on providing clues for new civs. The Georgian warriors might just be Firaxis nodding to the meme that Tamar became last year, but they could be a clue to her inclusion as well. If she's in, however, I expect her to be the very last dark horse civ revealed in January.

Right? Losing to the Mongols isn't something I'd hold against anybody. It was par for course back in the day.

In any case, the trailer continues to be reliable on providing clues for new civs. The Georgian warriors might just be Firaxis nodding to the meme that Tamar became last year, but they could be a clue to her inclusion as well. If she's in, however, I expect her to be the very last dark horse civ revealed in January.

The darkest of dark horses.

We had clues to Persia and Macedon in the game files. So, not so dark. Georgia only has some weird tessellations on some sleeves and a somewhat similar castle in a trailer to go on.
I was just making a funny reference to Bucephalus.
Though I won't believe it's Georgia until we see the first look video.

Top Bottom