Votes: 10 1.1%
  • 65-69

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • 70-74

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • 75-200

Votes: 4 0.4%

• Total voters
I'm 23. Scripting websites. Started with Civ3 and enjoying Civ4 a lot. Waiting for Civ5 from the future.

Someone please beeline + lightbulb towards Civ5? :)

Im 42 years old and I work in IT.

Ive been playing civ since the first civ came out. Ive owned every base version and almost every expansion. But Im still stuck on Noble in Civ 4 BtS (May be on the verge of moving up to prince soon). Greatest game ever made for computer/ game systems.

30, police officer. A housemate when I was still in elementary school had Civ I. Use to sneak into his room and play. I was hooked ever since and still own II, III, and obviously IV (BTS).

I never did post in this thread - think I saw it once or twice along the way.

Anyway, I'm a 36 year old accountant who never did grow too old for video games like all my friends. Got hooked back in the commodore 64 days and never looked back. Mostly sports games until lately, some of the strategy games and especially civ have totally hooked me.

My wife doesn't get why a 36 year old would still play games, but it passes the time and helps me forget about work stress, which is all that counts.

30, police officer. A housemate when I was still in elementary school had Civ I. Use to sneak into his room and play. I was hooked ever since and still own II, III, and obviously IV (BTS).

Good to hear there's another cop on here. Be safe, Brother (or Sister). :D

20 year old college kid here, went looking for a turn based alternative to strategy games and I happened upon this one :) Gotta be one of the best decisions I've made after all these countless play hours in the past months.

I never did post in this thread - think I saw it once or twice along the way.

Anyway, I'm a 36 year old accountant who never did grow too old for video games like all my friends. Got hooked back in the commodore 64 days and never looked back. Mostly sports games until lately, some of the strategy games and especially civ have totally hooked me.

My wife doesn't get why a 36 year old would still play games, but it passes the time and helps me forget about work stress, which is all that counts.

That's what my wife said when I was 36. Now she wonders how a 46 year old man can play video games. When my daughters start getting older and asking me that same question, then perhaps I will learn and take up fishing.

i am a female cosmonaut that is out of work because they cut back on the space program

also a psychic which is why i was hired in the first place. In the beginning i was in project "L" where we would take captured spies and i would link to thier minds and get info and if i couldn't then i would make them dream horrifying things and say "commerade"

i think since i wrote and played guitar they thought i would be a good candidate for psychic stuff. One low level janitor guy they captured ended up being more like a hyper Cayce psychic tho and when i tried to read him he erased all my emotions.

my guitar playing and writing improved 100 percent however.

That's what my wife said when I was 36. Now she wonders how a 46 year old man can play video games. When my daughters start getting older and asking me that same question, then perhaps I will learn and take up fishing.

Funny, I get this picture in my head sometimes of my wife asking me that once we're retired too - I can totally see myself still playing once my hair is gray or falling out.

Sounds like I have a built-in excuse for the next 10 years now - "hey, look at this guy on the forums - he's still playing at 46, and he plays obscenely long role play challenges that last 50 hours...at least my longest games only take 6-8 hours".

That should go over great in my house!

I'm 28 y.o. Architect / designer by trade, recent post-grad so just slaving away in a junior position currently. I've played Civ 1-2-3 since I was 10 or so, but was never seriously hooked until I tried Civ4 earlier this year. I'm also a chess fanatic (since the age of 5-6), and I play quite a bit of online and live poker, but no other video games.

I have a fiance who's also a recent grad designer. She finds it quite bizarre that I spend this much time playing lately. Luckily, we have some good RL friends who play casually (they're also my only 2 RL chess partners). An occasional MP game with them makes it seem more normal.

i am a female cosmonaut that is out of work because they cut back on the space program

also a psychic which is why i was hired in the first place. In the beginning i was in project "L" where we would take captured spies and i would link to thier minds and get info and if i couldn't then i would make them dream horrifying things and say "commerade"

i think since i wrote and played guitar they thought i would be a good candidate for psychic stuff. One low level janitor guy they captured ended up being more like a hyper Cayce psychic tho and when i tried to read him he erased all my emotions.

Of course, now I understand perfectly!

26 year old graphic designer, recently moved to China to start a managing/consulting LTD. company.

So Attacko is a female? Nice. TTF you certainly have the imagination to be a writer/comedian/artist. Keep up the good work. :D

Edit: this poll makes me feel old...

So Attacko is a female? Nice. TTF you certainly have the imagination to be a writer/comedian/artist. Keep up the good work. :D

Edit: this poll makes me feel old...

Wait... do you mean that some of the posters here are male?! :confused:

Top Bottom