• 65-69

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • 70-74

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • 75-200

Votes: 4 0.4%

• Total voters
:lol::lol::lol:

I tried desperately to get my former partner to play Civ with me, but noooooo. She would rather run simulations of molecular bonding and other such geeky stuff. "Video games are for kids!" That's what I get for taking up with a polymer chemist. :lol:
Heh. Although as a counterpoint to that, my girlfriend also enjoys running her simulations and other geeky stuff (she's a mechanical engineer)... yet she still likes playing Civ. I guess everyone's different, after all. ;)

By the way, I must admit I was confused there for a minute. "Hang on, I thought Lemon Merchant was a girl................. OH, right." *Clicks* :p Good for you though! :)

Anyway - I think I'm getting a bit off-topic. *Quickly looks busy* :mischief:

I graced the world with my presence beginning in 1956, and I work in sales, antiques and genealogy. I find I have two Civ leaders as cousins, FDR and Churchill. And one ancestor who was burned at the stake, twice. Truth is stranger than fiction.

I am soon to be 51 and a golf club professional for 25 years, though currently working in golf tournament administration. Been playing since CIV III came out and after seeing how many advanced degree holders are playing this game, I see why I still suck at it after all these years.

Any Kings Pointers out there? Any folks from the Granite State?

By the way, I must admit I was confused there for a minute. "Hang on, I thought Lemon Merchant was a girl................. OH, right." *Clicks* :p Good for you though! :)
It's always nice when someone does the math. Thanks. ;)

Computer science and electronics provide a lot more geeks than chemistry :goodjob: (yeah my GF is playing civ too and did those studies :lol:)
I don't know but I'm pretty geeky, and I never studied electronics. :lol:

It's always nice when someone does the math. Thanks. ;)

I don't know but I'm pretty geeky, and I never studied electronics. :lol:

I must admit, i was a bit confused too :blush:.

Let's be honest though how many "Non geeky" jocks do you think are going to be capable of playing civ ??? :), let's just say we've got a lot of ppl of varying degrees of geekiness on this forum.

I must admit, i was a bit confused too :blush:.

Let's be honest though how many "Non geeky" jocks do you think are going to be capable of playing civ ??? :), let's just say we've got a lot of ppl of varying degrees of geekiness on this forum.

Speak for yourself. :cool: :D

25, solicitor.

(and professional geek)

Getting pretty late in this thread...

31, recently moved to Quebec, working as Analyst (CSc degree with Law & Economics specialization).

Got into this mess with the first one back in 1993, and am still in despite the years... (having read this thread I'm happy not to be the only one :D)
Also playing (few hours a month) Anno-series (Dawn of Discovery for US guys), Heroes Of Might & Magic series and spending some time in sport games too. Used to play at work but it got much more difficult in the new place :mischief:- my best shot was four Epic-speed games in a week at work :cool:

37 year old ex-computer tech, ex-private investigator, ex-bouncer, customer service drone.

not to mention "Geeky cops" :mischief:
I don't know about that. I have it on pretty good authority that he's awfully "jock-like" and devilishly handsome. ;)

I have to say that. He carries a gun. :lol:

22, student. Studying Environmental Science and Urban Planning (separate programs).
No one else got started with Call to Power?

I don't know about that. I have it on pretty good authority that he's awfully "jock-like" and devilishly handsome. ;)

I have to say that. He carries a gun. :lol:

Oh, you say the nicest things. :blush:

Also very true. :D

Lol I'm 16 feel so young here. Parents bought me civ iv when i was like 10 and it was the most confusing thing i'd ever done, but now I'm getting the hang of it.

Now I'm 26, working with log-building houses (chop chop that tree.. and build house :) )
Funny to realise that I met with civ series at civ2 when I was just 9 yrs old (good old times after lessons in my school.. and already than it was best game.. had touch with Metal Fatique, AofEmpires etc. that time games but.. this game was over everything. it had nice CD wonder movies.. and that kings room decoration... oh, yummy)

Talk about a blast from the past. Much like myself :(

Aye, aye. Some good old timers in this thread - budweiser, Lemon Merchant, RRRaskolnikov to name a few. I think Lemon Merchant's still active?

I'm pleased to report that I no longer am unemployed as I was in 2007. Now happily earning an income, and just started a new position that's off to a good start.

frippy72 said:
Lol I'm 16 feel so young here. Parents bought me civ iv when i was like 10 and it was the most confusing thing i'd ever done, but now I'm getting the hang of it.

Eh, I'm in the same age bracket according to the poll. :mischief: Not that young really. I started the story that was perhaps the high point of my CFC career at the ripe old age of 18, so you're not that far off from potential greatness - best get cracking! :whipped:

Top Bottom