Votes: 10 1.1%
  • 65-69

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • 70-74

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • 75-200

Votes: 4 0.4%

• Total voters
30 years old; I work as a mental health worker. Glad to see a variety of ages--not everyone is younger than me! ;)

30 years old; I work as a mental health worker. Glad to see a variety of ages--not everyone is younger than me! ;)

Mental Health? We could use a guy with your experience around here. :lol:

16 years old, working at McDonald's ;D

Just like every other 16 year old. Can't say its the best job, ahem ahem.

16 years old, working at McDonald's ;D

Just like every other 16 year old. Can't say its the best job, ahem ahem.

Don't sweat it, Dude. A paycheck is a paycheck.

Soon to be 25 (In about a month and a half or so) and I do bioremediation. Not sure for how much longer, though, because they're starting to cut back.

And, I might be working at McDonald's in a month or so and I have a marine biology degree, so I wouldn't worry about that too much :p

42 - military historian and archivist for the USAF Historical Research Agency.

Been playing CIV since CIV I back in 1992...

Turned 35 10-10-09. I'm a social worker with Oklahoma Deptartment of Human Services. Played the original CIV way back in the day been an addict since Civ4 came out.

Turned 35 10-10-09. I'm a social worker with Oklahoma Deptartment of Human Services. Played the original CIV way back in the day been an addict since Civ4 came out.

:bday::beer:

Just turned 30. Science (chemistry favorite) teacher. currently looking for a new job after 3 years teaching. contract wasnt renewed due to lack of schoolfunds and lack of new students :(

more chemistry/physics students needed!

working at a gasstation to pay the rent for the moment
and i kinda love to the job to be honest :)

no homework after work hehe.

hope to be teaching again by start of next year though.

Funny, I get this picture in my head sometimes of my wife asking me that once we're retired too - I can totally see myself still playing once my hair is gray or falling out.

Sounds like I have a built-in excuse for the next 10 years now - "hey, look at this guy on the forums - he's still playing at 46, and he plays obscenely long role play challenges that last 50 hours...at least my longest games only take 6-8 hours".

That should go over great in my house!

Your excuse should last longer than that. I am retired and my wife DOES ask me that question. My games usually run about 12 hours. Maybe she'll get used to it someday.

Your excuse should last longer than that. I am retired and my wife DOES ask me that question. My games usually run about 12 hours. Maybe she'll get used to it someday.
I'm so glad I managed to get my girlfriend into Civ4. Now, whenever she complains about me playing too much Civ, I ask her if she wants to play. Almost inevitably she can't resist and we soon get started on a Hotseat game. Problem solved! :goodjob:

well i thought of this, problem is what do i do when my wifes playing civ??? :(
If you have 2 computers near one another, you can play an online game together. That way turns are simultaneous so you don't have that down-time while waiting for them to finish their turn. ;)

Of course, if you're playing Hotseat and she's new to the game, you can always use the downtime to give some tips on how to play the game. This works best if you're playing a teamed game, so that you're both on the same side anyway. :)

If all else fails, you can always use the downtime between turns to get some work done. Have a piece of homework or business on your lap, and tend to it when it's not your turn. It's a surprisingly good way of getting things done (at least for some people).

If all else fails, you can always use the downtime between turns to get some work done. Have a piece of homework or business on your lap, and tend to it when it's not your turn. It's a surprisingly good way of getting things done (at least for some people).

it works for me when hitting "end of turn" in space empires V. processing turns can take a several minutes there. I did half my thesis that way.

it works for me when hitting "end of turn" in space empires V. processing turns can take a several minutes there. I did half my thesis that way.
Hah... I'll keep that in mind when writing my own thesis in a couple of years. :D

Mental Health? We could use a guy with your experience around here. :lol:
Somebody had to pick up the slack while I was away. :p

Since I'm back, I can update my info in this thread:

39, Psychiatric nurse (Finally back to work! :D), and now part-time Forum Wing-nut.

I'm so glad I managed to get my girlfriend into Civ4. Now, whenever she complains about me playing too much Civ, I ask her if she wants to play. Almost inevitably she can't resist and we soon get started on a Hotseat game. Problem solved! :goodjob:
:lol::lol::lol:

I tried desperately to get my former partner to play Civ with me, but noooooo. She would rather run simulations of molecular bonding and other such geeky stuff. "Video games are for kids!" That's what I get for taking up with a polymer chemist. :lol:

31 (almost 32). Working as an ESL teacher in Asia (Korea) with a BS and an MA.

First played Civ 1 in High School, been addicted ever since.

Top Bottom