RR17 - Rage against the machines

I'm beginning to suspect that too... I think it should still be interesting to see how we could approach a game without an early BW.

It does feel like the discussion in the no-BW #2 thread isn't really going anywhere. This game is 7 years old and it's rare to get a fairly radical new strategic idea at this point, so I thought regardless of the outcome, it was interesting to investigate. Maybe the SG can bring up some new approaches too.

I haven't quite given up on the BW after CS bulb approach, but at the least it needs more refinement to find a situation where it is clearly on par with or better than a traditional approach.

It does feel like the discussion in the no-BW #2 thread isn't really going anywhere. This game is 7 years old and it's rare to get a fairly radical new strategic idea at this point, so I thought regardless of the outcome, it was interesting to investigate. Maybe the SG can bring up some new approaches too.

I haven't quite given up on the BW after CS bulb approach, but at the least it needs more refinement to find a situation where it is clearly on par with or better than a traditional approach.
It's not about finding a new strategy for the average map. It's about exploring a niche strategy.

A simple rule would be : no BW unless it's the only tech to research.

Post-Lib, Constitution (and Gunpowder via Education) is the furthest one can get while avoiding BW. After that, every tech needs something that in turn needs BW. There are military options like Cats, WEs, Horse Archers, Longbows and Muskets. But that's a long time to go without whipping and improving tiles under forests. (Not to mention Jungles if the RNG decides to be a jerk and smite you :p)

Oh, still lurking! :D

Edit: Cuirs seem to be possible too. Do they only need Gunpowder and Mil Trad.? Never mind. They need Iron. :crazyeye:

Can't we trade for Iron without having researched IW?

Well, technically we didn't forbid trading for metals, and TBH , I don't see much of reason to do so ...

Anyway, I already played my set yesterday morning, but I forgot the save and the pics on my civ computer back home. Will post it tonight .

Can't we trade for Iron without having researched IW?
Sure, although that'll be a bit expensive :) But definitely a possibility.

Top Bottom