Russian language questions

So if I said я сделал домашнее задание на час
я сделал домашнее задание за час

it's the same meaning?

it's the same meaning?
No. The first phrase just doesn't make much sense for a Russian - just like an Englishman will sense something wrong with a phrase like "say me it once more".

"na" most literally means "on". e.g. "The banana is on the table." "Банан на стол." "za" most literally means "for". e.g. "I'm for Putin." "Я за Путина."

In your case, "na" wouldn't make the sentence mean anything *unless* there is some weird phrasing that allows "na" to mean something else.

за сколько времени ты сделали домашнее задание?
я сделал домашнее задание за час.

на сколько времени вы приехали в Москву?
мы приехали в Москву на один год.

Could someone tell me the difference за and на make in these sentences?
If you want to say "It took me (some time) to do (something)", you should use "за", like in first example.
In the second example, you are talking about time, which you are going to spend somewhere - use "на".

For example, "Мы приехали в Москву на один год" means we came to Moscow and we are going to spend one year there.
But "Мы приехали в Москву (or better доехали до Москвы) за два часа" means that it took us two hours to get to Moscow.

"Банан на стол."
Sounds like an order.
Put your banana on the table! :D

Yeah, банан на столе is the correct form ;)

I see that all have avoided my post. Was is really so disastrous?

Erm, no? ;)
Spoiler :
Honestly? I just missed it...

как по-ваше му о Эйзенштейн фильмов? старый, устаревший? или классический? я знаю некоторые люди думают его фильмы покрыты в пропаганда. Я понимаю, почему они думают, что это.

Что вы думаете по-поводу фильмов Эйзенштейна? (or less formal: Как вам фильмы Эйзенштейна?)
Старый и устаревший are actually synonyms (in this case), I'd use the second one.
классика (as a noun is used to describe classical films)
Я знаю некоторые люди думают что его фильмы полны (full of) пропаганды.
Я понимаю, почему они так думают.

Эйзенштейн для нашего поколения уже устаревшее кино, как и во времени так и по-смыслу. Я сам смотрел только один фильм - "Александр Невский" и,хотя он и отражает идеологию своего времени, он мне понравился, . Что ты смотрел из его кино?

I see that all have avoided my post. Was is really so disastrous?
I saw the movie "Александр Невский", but quite long ago, so I just remember general idea and don't have much to say. A patriotic movie, good for that time, but for modern people it probably won't be so interesting.

I heard very good responses to the new joint Russian and Belorussian movie "Брестская Крепость" (Brest Fortress). It is the same genre, if I remember Eisenshtein's movie correctly. I can't watch it right now, but I will do it at the first opportunity. Here is the trailer:

Link to video.

If you ever watch it let me know how it went, I'd love a recommendation before watching modern movies.

Что вы думаете по-поводу фильмов Эйзенштейна? (or less formal: Как вам фильмы Эйзенштейна?)
Старый и устаревший are actually synonyms (in this case), i'd use the second one.
классика (as a noun is used to describe classical films)
Я знаю некоторые люди думают что его фильмы полны (full of) пропаганды.
Я понимаю, почему они так думают.

я получил помощь от нано с это тоже. спасибо болшое. У меня нет русского учителя таким образом мои навыки ослабить. Я учу себя сейчас, а это трудно. мне нравится по всех помощь я получаю здесь!

Эйзенштейн для нашего поколения уже устаревшее кино, как и во времени так и по-смыслу. Я сам смотрел только один фильм - "Александр Невский" и,хотя он и отражает идеологию своего времени, он мне понравился, . Что ты смотрел из его кино?

я не видел Эйзенштейна филмы. я хотел бы, может быть "Броненосец "Потемкин"? он может быть интереснее, чем другие филмы его!

Which letters have you on keyboard? Latin, cyrilic or both? Memorising German keyboard was much easier, Russian one is not even close to latin phonetic. I guess its according Russian alphabet which does not help me much:D

We have both Latin and Cyrillic letters. Cyrillic ones arranged in the same way as in typewriters, there is no correspondence to Latin letters or alphabet. They are arranged according to their frequency in language and other things which would make it more convenient to type.

Well, to insert my opinion (being a Bulgarian speaker and what-not), there's two versions, which can be toggled on and off - Phonetic, which is seeks similarities between Latin and Cyrillic letters (i.e, it writes б from b, с from s, and so on.) and the Bulgarian standard one which is made with...well, probably curious and interesting ways which however nobody really bothers learning because using Phonetic is much easier and, for the most part, is available on most PCs.

Probably should post it in the TIL thread, but it is more relevant here: today I learned that there is a Russian phonetic keyboard layout. Now need medical care because it has blown up my brain. I assume it would take me hours (and full use of my curse words vocabulary) to write a mid-sized message with it.
But would be awesome for most non-native speakers, I presume.
In highschool I once had to wrote an entire class paper (10+ pages) in Russian, on ЙЦУКЕН cyrillic layout. :wallbash:

But would be awesome for most non-native speakers, I presume.

Well, I think it depends on what you need it for. If it is for occasional typing (like your experience), I believe it would be awesome, yes.

However, if you're serious about learning it and using it, it's better to learn it the way it is used.

E.g., right now REDY can learn either layout with equal ease because his spinal cord is not accustomed to any.

Okay, phonetic will be somewhat easier to learn but then weirder to type with because the most used characters are not necessarily in the convenient locations (then he will rant about why those stupid Russians twisted their keyboard in a way that he's broken a finger, wrenched another and cannot untie the rest).

But then it makes sense to learn ЙЦУКЕН because that's exactly what he's going to see on a keyboard he gets by default on any device without having to go out of his way to search for and download and install the phonetic, and rant about it every time.

I mean, it is possible to learn to walk on your hands. It's a cool thing, too. But only if it is an additional thing you can do. It shouldn't be the only way you can walk, that would be weird, creepy and inconvenient in the long run...

A reverse example:

I could learn phonetic Latin layout:

It might have been easier, if I already was capable of using Cyrillics well.

But where on Earth could I find a use for that?

Russian phonetic keyboard layout. Now need medical care because it has blown up my brain.
Looks crazy.

First of all, letter placement is illogical. Majority of letters paired on phonetical basis (С-S, Н-N), but (Х-X) paired on a base of visual similarity (instead of Х-H).
And more importantly, default placement for index fingers is on Ф and Й letters, which are rare, but most frequent letters (А,О) assigned to little and ring fingers :crazyeye:

I don't know. I got accustomed (and by the looks of it, so did most people) to it and it isn't as mind-blowing as it seems.

Top Bottom