[GS] Scoring Civilizations(GS)

Thank you Lily, these are very useful benchmarks.

In reality, since it is a civ ranking I think it would be more interesting a breakdown per civ. I was referring to victory types because obviously civs should be compared on the same civ condition. Alas I am not able to do a serious test of this myself because my play is erratic (some games are ok, but some games I make horrible mistakes so results would be much more influenced by my erratic ability than by civ strenght).

Of course I know that such a test is almost impossible, but I would like to ask you another question: do you think that your ranking is correlated with win times (do you win faster with your higher tiers?), easiness (do you win more easily?) or they are just "theoretical" evaluations of civ traits (btw reading your motivations for the scores was really interesting)?

Please explain what you mean by "proper trading" and what is "pointless".

He thinks most trading is exploitation, which makes his ratings completely pointless.

You know you can instant-friend Gilgamesh, right? This is extremely beneficial for Mali because the trade bonus is for international routes, so having a permanent friend is ideal and having that first meet be Gilgamesh was also ideal.

He probably declared war on Gilgabro, like he does everything that moves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the reason is clear. City States start with walls now. So the most powerful part of Germany is seriously nerfed.

This is true only for Immortal and Deity, which let's face it very few people actually play on. Ranking Civs exclusive to Deity is futile. Would you rank Wonders and just immediately leave a dozen+ ancient/classical ones off the list because you can never build them on Deity before the AI does?

Also, that's far from the sole source of Germany's strength. He gets a free Military card, something you of all people would value. The Hansa is strong enough and just got buffed.

You can also just, you know, use a catapult or a ram combined with the +7 free combat strength.

Top Bottom