SGOTM 12 Maintenance Thread

I really don't want to post here, since it has nothing to do with this topic... and I couldn't figure out how to PM you for the life of me.

I was wondering which Succession GOTM (or other) you'd recommend a completely new player to the civilization genre to read throughly (I recently bought Civ 4: Complete Edition). I asked my friend and he flat out told me "Murky Waters 6-8" - I'm just wanting to figure out a place to start.. and I'm sure i'll go from there (expanding to other succession/gotm's)

Once again, I'm sorry for posting here... you can banish me after you respond :)

If you want to PM someone, then you left-click on his/her name, which you can find in the upper left corner of the post, just above the avatar. You will then get a drop-down list, where the second entry is "Send private message to abc". Voila.

Murky Waters 6 is a good example of warfare, especially at the end.
Murky Waters 7 has more intricate discussions, and there we start to dig into the mechanics of the game
Murky Waters 8 is when it get's fun for real. Lot's of strategic discussions mixed with tactical decision (end up with as many wonders as possible as quickly as possible). Post #1784 is of course the most important post in any SGOTM in any category. :D
Murky Waters 10 is the strongest game we played. Lot's of good ideas floating around, and we acted as a proper team this time. We combined all the knowledge we had, and run hair raising micro management to squeeze out all the nukes we needed at the end. The last turn set was the most intensive and gratifying piece of play in my life. I still have fond memories :love:

Be warned though. A majority of the posts are confusing, wrong, incoherent and generally full of bad ideas. It's quite hard to follow our discussions.

I suggest you take a look at the first spoilers of the GOTM4 competitions (either GOTM, WOTM or BOTM). Or you can head over to the Hall of Fame competition.

No ban is needed :)

EDIT: xpost with Alan

Thanks Alan & Erkon - I really appreciate your responses. I look forward to reading up on the 4 Murky Water Succession GOTMs (probably end up reading more.. plus other teams) once I get a better grasp of the game.

Also - reason I couldn't figure out how to private message people is because I can't. At least not yet. Someone else told me "You need 5 posts, and need to have been registered for 5 days"

Once again, sorry for invading this particular thread, but I figured ... it'd be the easiest way to reach Erkon/Alan :)

*goes back to playing Civ IV*

I would recommend the CFR SGOTM2. It's true they got lucky popping Mining from a goody hut, which led to GOTM designers deleting huts from near the starting site. Nonetheless, they played an outrageously outstanding game.

Very succinct thread. Amazing play. Excellent strategizing. Great place to start and learn a lot.

I lurked for that one, got hooked, and started playing in SG3.

NOTE: There are five days left to the deadline for this game.

Unusual Suspects will finish on time.

I am sure Erkon is busy thinking about new ideas for next SGOTM. What will we all do with the free time otherwise.

spam deleted, as some teams haven't finished

replied to the post above, so removed when post above removed

No Spoilers in this thread please. Removed post to Staff forum due to spoiler info.

Moderator Action: Please PM this to AlanH, there are still teams actively playing.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889
Sorry, i didn't think this was spoiler. It reveals nothing but that my team has finished.
BTW our thread has posts of members of various teams, so i don't think it's a secret.

No need to PM, if the moderator who deleted it readed it and possibly saved somewhere.

In any case, i'd like to have an aswer after all the teams have finished. And the post re-issued after that.

One forum rule is to accept what the admins do, but this time i think you did the wrong thing.

Sleepless just finished his turn set about 30 minutes ago. He posted the log from the server, but there's no new save file in the list of files for our team. The most recent save file is the one Sleepless started from.

Sun Tzu Wu, Team ChokoMifits

Sleepless just finished his turn set about 30 minutes ago. He posted the log from the server, but there's no new save file in the list of files for our team. The most recent save file is the one Sleepless started from.

Sun Tzu Wu, Team ChokoMifits

Final turnset files aren't posted to the public web page until after the competition is complete.

We are not done with our game and can not start a new turn set without the save file.

Sun Tzu Wu
Recommend the player completing the last turn set post it as an attachment in your thread for now.

^^ AlanH is the admin, but leif has posted about this in the staff forum already. No need to PM. You'll just have to wait until either Sleepless or Alan wakes up tmr. ;)

Top Bottom