SGOTM 21 - Plastic Ducks

@BSPollux

Isabella ("Isabella is all into romantic gestures. My first suggestion to win her heart would be...")
a) Have the most brilliant minds of your time explain to her that your love is pure, true and eternal (bring one artist, scientist and prophet to her capital and gift them to her)
b) Build her a luxurious summer residence (Gift her a city built on desert and next to the coast or an oasis that has an Odeon, a Grocer and a Castle), you must be at +3 relations with her when you gift this city.
Does this have to be exactly +3 relations, or are +4/5/6 etc. relations ok?

Thanks.

If a lurker knows the answer to this, because it has been answered in another thread, please say. I can't play at the moment and I'd like to finish soon.

Great, thanks. :)

I hope I didn't sound impatient, but turns take hours, not minutes, at the moment. And believe it or not, but I do have a life/responsibilities outside of Civ you know. ;)

I've uploaded before and after saves. Pictures:

Spoiler :

Isabella is woo'd! :dance:

Looks like the Kossin was right and the +2 shared resource bonus vanished.
I'll investigate later.

Gogo Doshin!
2 more ladies and then Domination ftw

Took a look at T168 save. Domination looks well in hand, we'll need about 40~45 tiles in Russia only.

H.M.S. should get its exp in the next 2 turns then can be gifted in a random city.

I got lost looking at the Tank pointers, but I assume that's under control :)

Finish her off.

No time to finish today, sorry. :p We'll woo the remaining ladies tomorrow.

The T169 save is uploaded. We have open borders with Catherine, and Toku is willing to talk after I razed his last mainland city.

I think I'll use the Great General to bring the Destroyer to 50XP, and then send it to St. Petersburg. We'll gift the city on T170 to Elizabeth, move all other units out, gift the Destroyer, and then burn everything to the ground. :devil:

This turn, I'll switch into Police State/Free Speech/Slavery, whip some Tanks, and check the chain for errors (the Dutch Tank chain needs reorganizing).

I didn't settle any new cities on T168, and won't until T170.

Nice, Cathy offered OB just like that :lol:

I'd say to put in minimum research slider after the revolt, just in case. See if we can afford Transports to make things easier.

Chain is too much work for anyone other than you to complete the game. One more day to go :aargh:

Nice, Cathy offered OB just like that :lol:

I'd say to put in minimum research slider after the revolt, just in case. See if we can afford Transports to make things easier.

Chain is too much work for anyone other than you to complete the game. One more day to go :aargh:

Ya, that's 84 clicks minimum not counting loading and unloading to galleon chain 12 tanks so far.
Sucks when you sail a ship and you realize the troops were on a different ship. :cringe:

Good luck tomorrow Doshin! :king:
We are down to our last turn and 24 hours.

oh man it's going to be close :bounce:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Queen Elizabeth has a new ship:

Spoiler :

Uploaded the save, because new toys break easily. :devil:

That research drop. Gogo!

Surprised you did not kill Izzy, as far as I remember they don't need to be alive at game's end. :devil:

By my count, we need 25 tiles for Domination. Should be pretty straightforward with the settlers we have.

Move the tanks, settle and gg.

^^^^

Special Cases
If Willem’s civilization gets destroyed you are allowed to ask any other male leader for advice, but it will cost you triple the gold or workers.
If a female leader gets dethroned you can't win her heart anymore (see ranking above).

-----

@BSPollux / Deckhand

Cathy's parade:

Spoiler :

4 Airships, 12 Muskets, 12 + 1 Tanks.

But we've already won her heart, now we break it mwhahaha!

No mod and no scripts, we do it manually just as you guessed.Correct. Just one bit of nitpicking: We said we would decide the winner in two steps, number of 'hearts won' first, then finish date. So you could, theoretically, win laurels with less than three fulfilled tasks, if the other teams fail some as well.If a leader dies you can not fulfill the tasks related to her anymore. If you already finished a task, it stays valid.

Top Bottom