[BTS] SGOTM 25 - Phoenix Rising

When I calculated tech costs I looked at exact numbers in game, with prereq bonuses. Don't know what is normal deity cost. Maybe classical start has something to do with it?

Road plan (and everything else so far) looks good!

Uploaded new turn, sorry this takes me quiet some time.
Have not done everything yet, but i did declare on Stalin.
He built a worker for us, nice.

Logs
Spoiler :

Turn 101, 350 BC: SGOTM25 has completed The Pyramids!
Turn 101, 350 BC: Hong Kong can no longer work on The Pyramids. The lost ℤ is converted into 35ℴ!
Turn 101, 350 BC: Golden Calf can no longer work on The Pyramids. The lost ℤ is converted into 36ℴ!
Turn 101, 350 BC: Mongolia can no longer work on The Pyramids. The lost ℤ is converted into 4ℴ!
Turn 101, 350 BC: SGOTM25 has completed The Hanging Gardens!
Turn 101, 350 BC: You have constructed The Hanging Gardens in Surf N Turf. Work has now begun on a Lighthouse.

Turn 102, 325 BC: The enemy has been spotted near Cowabunga!!
Turn 102, 325 BC: Phoenix Lair has grown to size 12.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Phoenix Lair has become unhappy.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Holy Farm has grown to size 6.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Holy Farm has become unhappy.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Peking Duck has grown to size 10.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Cowabunga! has grown to size 5.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Hong Kong has grown to size 5.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Hong Kong will become unhappy on the next turn.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Fur valley has grown to size 6.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Fur valley has become unhappy.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Fur valley can hurry Mausoleum of Maussollos for 3⇴ with 8ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 21 turns.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Golden Calf has grown to size 3.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Golden Calf can hurry Spy for 1⇴ with 20ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 21 turns.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Mongolia has grown to size 6.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Surf N Turf has grown to size 6.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Silky Sushi has grown to size 5.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Orient Express has grown to size 2.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Orient Express can hurry Cho-Ko-Nu for 1⇴ with 15ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 23 turns.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Tokyo has grown to size 3.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Dancing Nanners has grown to size 2.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Dancing Nanners can hurry Granary for 1⇴ with 28ℤ overflow, 34ℴ added to the treasury, and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Moscow has been pacified.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Moscow has grown to size 4.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Dye-La has grown to size 2.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Dye-La can hurry Spy for 1⇴ with 15ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Mumbai has grown to size 6.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Your population: 83 (47.43%) exceeds the Domination Limit: 54 (31.00%)
Turn 102, 325 BC: You have plundered 9ℴ from the Hamlet!
Turn 102, 325 BC: You have plundered 14ℴ from the Cottage!
Turn 102, 325 BC: You have declared war on Stalin!
Cities are set, will double check later thou. We have an unhappy in FV that i hoped we can avoid, but got war weary with Church and no cease fire yet.

Yup scout not really reachable, would delay 1 unit.
We have to decide Moscow this turn.

Chariot above St. Pete moving 2E1S ?
I will move chariots under St. Pete only 1 step, no point risking them with his roaming Sword imo.

Green on settling east island i assume.

Hmm Choko in Moscow would join our 2 others there, for a powerful reinforcement stack..just depends if we think they reach something fast enuf.

Another option would be barracks?
If we plan on getting several HAs out, this could help especially with healing them.
I think that would probably be more valuable than another Choko, or Chariot.

Are we sure on sending our medic chariot off?
(good thoughts Elite)

Last edited:
English still not accepting peace.

Yeah this was never going to be quick.

Might not even need bomber for stalin. I guess better safe than sorry. I think we need to get used to using bomber on capital and secondary stacks on 2nd cities.

FV unfortunate.

Guess killing his scout does not help. Getting war points is always useful for great generals.

Ottoman's power rating must be really low here. He has the wonder UU and still his power rating is no better than Toku.

So CKN vs chariot? The settler will be needed soon too. We'll be 1mp movers till we reach Berlin unless we can take these cities with chariots? Seems unlikely. We have 19 turns so a CKn now is not bad. We have 4 or so near Moscow/St Peters.

We also need roads round St peterberg.

Of course having mounted units encourages him to build spears.Russians at best will whip an archer? Healing time could be main thing to slow down stack.

2E1S is good. Don't let worker escape.

Chariot 1NW would likely reveal sword. Pointless really as we intend to attack anyway? So stick to grassland and FP.

Trade routes should be nice there. Green to settle.

Key thing is that Moscow/ST Petersberg units keep heading as far west as possible with other units mopping up secondary cities from Mumbai direction.

German second city is 2E of the lower wine. Culture gives this away.

Barracks? Not sure it's worth it unless we think we will lose combats here? AI could have LB but that's about it? Promo for healing would help!

Germans have Iron. JC has horse.

Romans will be very close to whipping settler for 3rd city so chariots exploring is not bad but beware that sword.

Last edited:
2E1S for NE chariot, yes. Green on settling island.

Bomber helps with Berlin, then we probably should rebase it in Rome. From there it can reach Berlin. Don't know yet where Bismarck's second city is, but I think bomber will have time to do a scouting round to reveal Europe and Berlin defenses.

Going to war against Biz with bomber in Rome is a bit risky, if Biz has some units nearby. We can't have Rome close borders with him, but we could bribe him if we get him to pleased. If Rome also declares on Biz, our bomber in Rome shouldn't need any additional protection. (But we must bribe Rome to stop trading with Church, if we haven't got the cease fire yet!)

We could test it, but I assume with bomber in Rome, it would teleport to closest captured city when we declare on Julius, so we wouldn't even need to spend a turn on rebasing for the next war.

Oh, didn't realize it's the only medic we have in the region. Probably not sending him off.

According to my calculations Churchill will talk in 3 turns. Capturing one more worker or killing any unit would have him talk one turn sooner.

Oh, you're right on German city location, Gumbolt. Can't reach that from Rome. Might have to put bomber in St. Pete after all. Unless it is ridiculously weak, which it actually should be. Maybe we are better off anyway with bomber in Rome taking out Berlin cultural defenses?

I need to go to sleep now, but you are handling this great! I hope by the time I wake up Stalin is no more! :ar15:

Last edited:
Hmm okay, chariot under Cowabunga could kill a Church scout.
Actually we have to do that either way, so it's not blocking any important tiles.

Sleep well :)

And here's that Sword
Spoiler :
Moving into Otto borders.
Only if Mehmed would agree, but he will not at annoyed.

For Moscow, maybe the easiest option would be wealth and storing chop hammers for HA next turn.
Yep let's use wealth, it's not like we really lose a Choko or anything we would build, not many hammers this turn.

Oh okay, so we agree on wealth.

Double checking cities, anything else you can see?

Yep i moved everything.
Food has to be in PL cos of those plans i made, i noted 5fp worked here.

Okay moving on, might take a while.

Attachments

• Aha.jpg
    Aha.jpg
    603.6 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Shame that scout is not in our border for GG bonus.

So maybe hold back medic chariot and use other to scout. We need sight of any Roman settler.

I think other Ai are somewhat restricted land wise.

We still have 2-3 units with promotions left. So these can heal by promo. Great news on that sword!

Would Russians really OB with Mehmed?

Well if we can use Rome to bomb German cities settler is no rush. HA would be more stronger and useful long term. English romaing units would be annoying. The delay on istanbul is useful here.

If new cities just have archers HA will be great.

We could build HA and whip HA, 2mp units great for faster attacks. CKN and swords will be slow. (I mean't after wealth.)

We could have a stack of 2HA and 3 chariots?

Wealth now is good. Agreed. :D

Food vs cottage PL? Still grows? Yep figured it was part of plan!

I assume all other units have moved.

Last edited:
No worries I can be about if needed. Odds on attack will be interesting.

Uploaded, Logs
Spoiler :

Turn 102, 325 BC: You have discovered Horseback Riding!
Turn 102, 325 BC: You have constructed a Forge in Phoenix Lair. Work has now begun on a Courthouse.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Holy Farm can no longer work on The Pyramids. The lost ℤ is converted into 12ℴ!
Turn 102, 325 BC: You have constructed a Intelligence Agency in Holy Farm. Work has now begun on a Spy.
Turn 102, 325 BC: Julius Caesar has founded Cumae in a distant land.

Turn 103, 300 BC: Phoenix Lair has become happy.
Turn 103, 300 BC: Phoenix Lair can hurry Courthouse for 2⇴ with 13ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 22 turns.
Turn 103, 300 BC: Holy Farm has become happy.
Turn 103, 300 BC: Holy Farm can hurry Spy for 1⇴ with 13ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 53 turns.
Turn 103, 300 BC: Peking Duck can hurry Intelligence Agency for 3⇴ with 61ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 10 turns.
Turn 103, 300 BC: Hong Kong has grown to size 6.
Turn 103, 300 BC: Hong Kong has become unhappy.
Turn 103, 300 BC: Hong Kong can hurry Pavilion for 2⇴ with 45ℤ overflow, 2ℴ added to the treasury, and +1⇤ for 22 turns.
Turn 103, 300 BC: Fur valley has become happy.
Turn 103, 300 BC: Fur valley can hurry Spy for 1⇴ with 19ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 20 turns.
Turn 103, 300 BC: Silky Sushi has grown to size 6.
Turn 103, 300 BC: Tokyo can hurry Spy for 1⇴ with 29ℤ overflow and +1⇤ for 18 turns.
Turn 103, 300 BC: You are the worst enemy of Tokugawa.
Turn 103, 300 BC: De Gaulle is the worst enemy of Julius Caesar.
Turn 103, 300 BC: Bismarck is the worst enemy of De Gaulle.
Turn 103, 300 BC: The borders of Moscow are about to expand.
Turn 103, 300 BC: Your population: 77 (45.29%) exceeds the Domination Limit: 54 (32.00%)
Turn 103, 300 BC: Clearing a Forest has created 30 ℤ for Cowabunga!.
Turn 103, 300 BC: Clearing a Forest has created 30 ℤ for Moscow.
Turn 103, 300 BC: Your Bomber has attacked an enemy Swordsman! (-35% Damage)
Turn 103, 300 BC: Your Bomber has caused collateral damage! (1 Unit)
Turn 103, 300 BC: Taoism has spread in Fur valley.
Some good news are no new unit in St. Pete and worker still there, and Tao spread into FV was succesful.

Bomber has also revealed Hamburg, with Axe + Sword from Biz.

Looks like a job for our Swords on that St. Pete Archer, 81%?

Sword won :)
Unpromoted Choko at 83%, Sword at 69%.
Choko i think, worth 3xp if win.

And won, Stalin gone.
(will be last for today, uploading soon)

Merci, uploaded.
I think we can move on right away with other units, but leaving that for tomorrow.

Nitey, good day overall :)

Last edited:
Hmmm 65% odds are not great. Almost tempted to take the promo?

Sword and axe in hamburg. CKN work.

Romans have 3rd city. Saw that coming.

Yes 81% is much better. Green on that.

CKN yep,

Yes good time to stop. I need sleep.

2 turns a day should see us at finish.

No losses. Woot! CR3 sword would be nice here.

Yep all units keep moving. Even wounded units have their uses here. Reaching French quickly is key here as other follow up units can mop up Romans. Danger is barb cities being captured.

Well played.

Last edited:
Excellent work, folks! Especially, My! Been followin' but very tied up the last few days. Hope to be around more tomorrow.

Excellent work, folks! Especially, My!
Agreed! :goodjob:

We could take Hamburg with only chariots 2 turns from now. We'd have 3 chariots on 2 units. After air strike, sword should be at 3.4 giving our medic chariot 60% odds (64% survival), or unpromoted chariot 40% odds (46% survival). Once sword is dealt with, unpromoted chariot odds on axe is 95%. If we do this one turn later, HA would also be available as backup. Maybe waiting is better, since we'd be just as fast on Berlin anyway? Rather declare later and give him less time to prepare.

Any reason why we should take it one turn earlier? Get to do something with the city one turn earlier, which would be good, I suppose. Also, he has a monument, might get border pop any turn. Hope we can take it before he does. In any case, city should be approached directly from NE, in case that border pop comes.

All units with movement point left move towards him immediately. I'd bring worker from St.Pete with the 1 movers. Can speed up movement to Berlin by building a road next to Hamburg.

Ty guys, yep i think waiting for HA will be better.
Still a risk of chariots failing at those odds, and they will probably be valuable later if alive :)

edit, had a roads plan but timing did not work..removed.
But those 1se of St. Pete can take this way towards already built roads?
Spoiler :

Attachments

• 1movers.jpg
    1movers.jpg
    603.1 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
They should take that way only if we take city in 2 turns, before the 1 movers move within range for his BFC. Otherwise they might be 2E of city when borders expand and teleport. Coming in from 2NE of city is safer. If worker is there to build road 1NE of Hamburg, they will be just as fast on Berlin as with your plan.

The HA isn't really of any help in the attack on Hamburg, except as a backup unit. We can't use him to attack before chariots, or he will only take on axe at much worse odds than the chariots would. I think the city should be taken with 2 movers same turn we declare.

He has both monument and religion. I'd move chariots within range and attack in 2 turns if borders haven't expanded before that. Gets much tougher after border pop.

Yep you are right, i forgot lots of things there.
I like road 1NE of Hamburg, will also help future HAs on that way.

I fear we will be attacking blind thou, we cannot use the plains hill for visi or chariot can get teleported on border pop.

Last edited:
I adjusted Silky & HK,
we now have 60 Spies.

Dropped the 2 HAs, i think they would have been too far away, and we need galleys for Spy transports.
Also pushed Great Library in Silky for t10, nice science boost with Rep.

One galley for Spy transport between Silky & Surf
Spoiler :
..and also picking up from Dye-La.
This way we need only 2 roads here, from Dye-La to Silky and from Surf to Bejing stone.

City Micro

Attachments

• Spy transport.jpg
    Spy transport.jpg
    764.2 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
3x chariot plan sounds good with no border pop. Betting border pop before we get there. Even so first attack would weaken sword making 2nd/3rd attack pretty high odds. Approaching outside where borders would pop is a good plan.

I would only build 2mp units now. Agreed distant HA are not so useful but we will need units to take out Toku near end. These can be whipped after spies are done. We will also need units to recapture cities.

Tested if we can see Hamburg next turn, and nope.
If we attack blind with our 3 chariots, hoping it's still Sword + Axe,
can our 3 1-movers use the path sw of St. Pete as in my pic above, Elite?
Yep they would move into his borders, but we declare anyways.

Possible Moscow micro
Spoiler :

3 HA #1
4 HA #2 cold (Iron + coast)
5 HA #3 (chop)
6 chariot
7 HA #4 (chop, use forest)
8 HA (coast)
9 HA #5 whip (chop)
10 HA #6 overflow
Would give a mounted every turn until t10 (1 chariot), cept on t8.
Coast means getting commerce, forest hammers not needed (ignoring any growth, like farms).

Cows are not improved, chops give HAs faster and well it's late for tile improvements.
We will probably also need those 2 workers for wonder chopping in St. Pete.

Just not sure if we want those last 2 HAs, if not failgold i guess :)

Last edited:
Would they not got NW to use road? This would avoid culture. Chances of a 3rd unit any time soon?

How many will we really need? 18 turns. 7 Ai left to deal with.
We have a stack on way for Ottoman.
Toku is a 1 turn wonder in terms of war.
So Should Americans and English be.

JC has 3 cities but no metal. So only archers and a roaming praet?
Germans have iron but this can be pillaged?
French - Unknown what units they may have. I don't think they have rifles or gunpowder.

About 8 cities to capture. Plus 10 gifted cities to retake at some point.

Moscow is the perfect unit pump. Just needs a few roads.

That Roman Praet near Dye La could be a headache as it could be 1-2 turns from capturing our city.

Well we should see how war goes? If we take losses then maybe we will. If not we may be able to make cut backs.

Last edited:
Okay so, remaining questions..stack 1se of St. Pete fine with moving 2w via city and towards those roads.
If we declare before they move onto the road, does not matter where he has borders.

CR3 Sword in Mumbai.
Could heal another turn i guess, and wait for more roads.

Bomber into St. Pete, cannot see other cities we could attack Hamburg from.

Top Bottom