Should Pelosi get a pass?

Zulu Impi

Warlord
She is making a fool of herself and by extension our government and it seems shes just going to get a total pass I realize shes just another lying pol but she really grinds my gears!

He probably means the whole "no, I didn't know about waterboarding! What? That's not my signature!" thing.
Oh. Well that has political consequences with the voters in her district. If the OP is talking about criminal charges for her knowledge, she is not alone in getting a pass and I welcome a full investigation of her and everyone involved. No pass for any of them.

I really think we should have 1 year terms of positions like Speaker of the House, and not allow any incumbents to run. Also, they need to be elected non-partially, preferably though range voting.

How is she "getting a pass?" Her comments are all over the news networks, all the time.

Cleo

How is she "getting a pass?" Her comments are all over the news networks, all the time.

Cleo

I guess a pass from the purge that is going to come when all warcrimes are prosecuted and all the high and mighty are thrown down from their lofty thrones into the mud.

That pass.

Honestly, is there a single Congress member that anyone can look up to, from either party?

I guess a pass from the purge that is going to come when all warcrimes are prosecuted and all the high and mighty are thrown down from their lofty thrones into the mud.

That pass.

As of now, Mobby, everyone's getting that pass.

Cleo

So for criminals to be written about in the paper is good enough & then they should be set free? :confused:

Of course not. If she had something to do with the torture program, she should be punished (I'd suggest "conspiracy to commit torture," 18 U.S.C. Sec. 2340(A)(c)). But since right now nobody is being punished for the torture program, singling her out is silly.

Cleo

Honestly, is there a single Congress member that anyone can look up to, from either party?

John Boehner at least from the perspective that he promised never to do earmarks and hasn't.

Lol most ethical congress in history. :lol:

Eh, Fiscal issues are a big deal to me. I may not agree with his social ideas, but I respect that he states them up front and has been pretty damn consistant with both fiscal and social beliefs and actions.

Oh. Well that has political consequences with the voters in her district. If the OP is talking about criminal charges for her knowledge, she is not alone in getting a pass and I welcome a full investigation of her and everyone involved. No pass for any of them.

The voters in her district aren't going to vote for anyone else, no matter what.

Top Bottom